You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England Squad

Carradona

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest simon
Bojan has already played for the Spanish national team.

I know i just seen haha stupid site. I think Marin is the same. Still you gotta admit that squad possibilities accept the keep[er are quite bad for any team.

Guest simon
Capello tried to get the Ginger Manc cunt out of retirement.

I'm not much of a world cup fan but that would benifit England imo. He has the ability to create something from nothing.

Guest simon

Also this shouldnt be taken lightly.

Goalkeepers

1. Buffon

14. Amelia

12. De Sanctis

Defenders

3. Grosso

5. Cannavaro

4. Chiellini

19. Zambrotta

2. Santon

13. Gamberini

6. Legrottaglie

22. Criscito

Midfielders

11. De Rossi

8. Gattuso

21. Pirlo

20. Montolivo

18. Aquilani

7. Pepe

23. Quagliarella

16. Camoranesi

Forwards

9. Toni

17. Rossi

10. Cassano

15. Iaquinta

Guest simon
Eh? Bojan has been capped by Spain, and Marin has been capped by Germany. Serbia can't call them up.

Its the stupid old site i was on i tried to delete that bit but it was to late

Guest Pistonbroke

The Fifa rules allow Capello to bring new players in when he finalises the squad. Not saying changes will be made, but you can't count it out.

Who are you gents betting on?

Argentina are 7/1 and I think between Mascherano, Messi, Tevez and Higuain they'll have too much for everyone else. Mascherano will probably be player of the tournament, I think. The only wildcard here, and it is a massive one to be fair, is Maradonna. Has he brought Zanetti back?

Guest Pistonbroke

Think it's wide open with several teams in with a shout. I'd rather bet on single matches within the tournament myself.

Adam Johnson will make the 23, he will excel during the friendlies, he's a natural left footer and adds extra pace. I think him, Lennon, Stevie (who will be playing wide) and Milner is a deceptively dangerous line up of wide men.

I'd leave Upson, Warnock, Huddlestone, Walcott, SWP, Bent and probably Carrick (or Barry if unfit)

Guest PurpleNose
It's always difficult to predict who gets where. But I'd be absolutely stunned if England make it to the final. I think their team looks rather weak.

I think they'll get out of the group, but then it could easily stop there.

My thoughts also. They have an incredibly weak group so will get out of it. Won't go beyond the quarters though. Shit keepers, won't retain possession well enough, and no-one other than Rooney will score goals.

I think Spain have the best squad. I'd be suprised if they didn't at least make the final.

They're an incredible team, but they have a very tough way to get there. Brazil/Portugal/Ivory Coast in the first KO round, then Italy in the QF, and then Argentina/Germany in the SF. Very tough.

The outstanding favourites before the world cup usually don't win it, so if Spain manage to handle that big target on their back and get to the finals, it will be a great achievement.

England are in the easier part of the bracket provided they top their group. I can definitely see them reach the semi-finals.

Playing Heskey encourages shite football. England might be able to have an advantage with height and strength but at the very highest level ball retention in the final third is what separates us from Brazil and Spain, and we don't have the big tournament mentality of Italy and Germany. Maybe with Capello that will change. But the problem is one deep routed in English football from youth youth levels. Playing U'10 games on full size pitches, disregarding small players early on etc. Not things Capello can fix.

Still think that one of the teams that keeps the ball on the ground 90% of the time (Brazil, Argentina or Spain) will win it. Well aware I'm hardly sticking my neck out there.

Technically the English game is the lesser of many nations but it would be wrong for Capello to start trying and change how the national team play drastcially to fit how Spain, Brazil play etc. We retain the ball better but i think with Heskey, he slows the game down for us so we have to build up a attack rather than rely on through balls and counter attack by-passing the midfield players.