You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England Squad

Carradona

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Heskey will play off Rooney as first choice pairing I suspect. Rooney likes playing with him, as do most of his partners down the years.

I know its been said millions of times plus he's one of our ex players but the way we play now having him up front helps brings others into the game like Lampard & Gerrard where before with Eriksson having 2 small players up front with Owen & Rooney up meant we were shit in the air and could'nt hold the ball up more efficiently and relied on pace when going forward which the top international teams defenses could match us on all day, height & strength on the other hand is a different case.

Guest PurpleNose
I know its been said millions of times plus he's one of our ex players but the way we play now having him up front helps brings others into the game like Lampard & Gerrard where before with Eriksson having 2 small players up front with Owen & Rooney up meant we were shit in the air and could'nt hold the ball up more efficiently and relied on pace when going forward which the top international teams defenses could match us on all day, height & strength on the other hand is a different case.

Playing Heskey encourages shite football. England might be able to have an advantage with height and strength but at the very highest level ball retention in the final third is what separates us from Brazil and Spain, and we don't have the big tournament mentality of Italy and Germany. Maybe with Capello that will change. But the problem is one deep routed in English football from youth youth levels. Playing U'10 games on full size pitches, disregarding small players early on etc. Not things Capello can fix.

Still think that one of the teams that keeps the ball on the ground 90% of the time (Brazil, Argentina or Spain) will win it. Well aware I'm hardly sticking my neck out there.

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Pique Capdevila

Pedro Xavi Alonso Iniesta

Villa Torres

Christ...nobody will stop those 5 on form

P.S. - Whisper it but Ingurlund do have a chance. Capello is a good manager. Good managers can bring average teams far in these tournaments. It depends if the english players are arsed or not.

I just don't see how anyone would start Heskey over Crouch.

Crouch holds up the ball better, is a better footballer and his scoring record for England is superb.

I'll be supporting England, I know there's a lot of players in there that are twats but you can't beat the buzz in the boozer when they are playing, I don't think they have much of a chance but I'd love to see Carra lift the World cup, would make my year that. I fancy Brazil, Spain should walk it but I can see an upset.

I think it will be:

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

Defenders

Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders

Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips

Forwards

Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney

My only doubts is King or Dawson and Barry (fitness) or Huddlestone.

I'll be supporting England, I know there's a lot of players in there that are twats but you can't beat the buzz in the boozer when they are playing, I don't think they have much of a chance but I'd love to see Carra lift the World cup, would make my year that. I fancy Brazil, Spain should walk it but I can see an upset.

I say this every year 'I don't care about England' but then I usually end up in a crying heap*.

*That may or may not be the case this year because I've manned up

Sky Sports | Football | World Cup 2010 | News | Carra explains return

Jamie Carragher has revealed Liverpool's failure to qualify for the Champions League persuaded him to come out of international retirement.

Liverpool defender Carragher has been named in Fabio Capello's provisional 30-man squad for the World Cup three years after retiring from international duty.

Carragher is widely expected to make the final 23-man selection for the trip to South Africa and the 32-year-old is keen to work under Capello.

"The FA got in touch a few weeks ago and asked if I would have a rethink, due to injury problems. I said I would make myself available," said Carragher.

"The World Cup and Champions League are the highest levels of football.

"I'm not getting any younger, we have no Champions League football next season and I am keen to work under Fabio Capello."

Guest Francie Brady

Delighted for warnock. Would he to see that shithouse Cole get injured so he could get his place at left back. I would similiar love the same thing to happen to Mongo and for Carra to benefit.

As for Heskey it baffels me to think that he is still considered a better option then Crouch who constantly causes defences problems at International level.

Guest simon

If you want a winning squad check out the likes of.. Serbia

This is an unusual one but look.

GNUM NAME POSITION HT WT DOB

- Zeljko Brkic Goalkeeper 0.00m 0 kg August 9, 1986

- Vladimir Stojkovic Goalkeeper 1.95m 92 kg July 28, 1983

- Bojan Isailovic Goalkeeper 0.00m 0 kg -

- Ivica Dragutinovic Defender 1.84m 83 kg November 13, 1975

- Aleksander Lukovic Defender 1.85m 79 kg October 23, 1982

- Nenad Tomovic Defender 1.79m 75 kg August 30, 1987

- Jagos Vukovic Defender 1.95m 93 kg June 10, 1988

- Neven Subitic - 1.93m 88 kg December 10, 1988