You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy Rumour Mill (Takeover bids, transfer talks etc)

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.tv

Turkish international Arda Turan is set to quit Galatasaray with Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez the confirmed favourite to land the talented 23-year-old playmaker.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is also interested however the Turkish club do not see a player plus cash offer as value for losing their talismanic captain. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is an outsider for the signature of the Turkish international with the Frenchman concentrating on the Cesc Fabregas transfer situation.

Turan has been consistently linked with a move to the Premier League with the reds, Arsenal and Tottenham the reported chasing pack.

The 23-year-old admitted in January that it was his 'dream' to play for Liverpool issuing a come and get me plea to the Kop. However the rumours over the Spaniard's future had cast doubts over whether the Merseyside club will make a move for the Turkish international.

Reports this morning suggest that Liverpool are the frontrunners for the player's signature, while Spurs and Arsenal are considered to be monitoring the situation.

Reports last week suggested that Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp was considering an offer of Giovanni Dos Santos plus cash for Turan, however the Turkish giants are thought to not recognise a player plus cash offer as value for money for their inspirational leader.

Speaking to Sport.co.uk Arda Turan's agent earlier this year, Ahmet Bulut revealed that his client was considering his future in Turkey, and that Arsenal and Liverpool were two of the clubs interested in the playmaker's services.

He said: "Well Arda still has two years to go on his contract, the interested clubs must make a serious offer to Galatasaray, and the club must accept it. His first choice is to play in England, in the Premier League. So, if the offer is a serious one than we can start to talk.

Ahmet Bulut was then asked if Arsenal and Liverpool were among the interested parties:

"There are a few clubs interested, Liverpool are one, and Arsenal. There are no official or concrete offers at the moment but two clubs have spoken about wages. However, in football you never know. The season finishes soon in Turkey, and then Arda will go to the USA with the national team and we will see after that."

We need a left winger and right winger, I don't want another season of kuyt on the right ring. Hopefully David Amoo will get his chance next season.

We have Maxi.

If Nedum Onuoha is available for 3M and Curtis Davies for 5M I think it'd be worth a gamble as they're both pretty good and English and not overpriced, so that even we can afford them. But than again who'll pay for them..

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Liverpool considering £8m move for Portuguese winger Simao

LIVERPOOL are considering an £8m move for Portuguese winger Simao.

Kop boss Rafael Benitez has struggled to find a left-winger for his under-pressure team.

But now he is thinking of turning to the Atletico Madrid wide man.

Simao starred in Atletico’s Europa League semi-final win over the Reds, and their victory over Fulham in the final.

But he is 30 and Atletico need some cash to start adding players to their side.

Simao has performed consistently in La Liga over the last three years and offers the type of experience that Benitez and Liverpool need if they are to battle their way back into the top four.

Benitez would also be interested in taking Yaya Toure to Anfield from Barcelona if he is forced to sell Javier Mascherano

He would get more money for Mascherano and could use some of that towards Simao.

Benitez fell out with Albert Riera last season and wants to move him on.

Simao has only a year left on his contract in Spain and would welcome a move to the Premier League.

He said: “Nobody has spoken with me in the last days about this subject.

“I only say that some people in Madrid have suggested that Atletico are preparing my sale, but I don’t know too much.

‘’I have always been interested in playing in the Premier League, but my head is in the World Cup and I have a deal with Atletico.”

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Liverpool considering £8m move for Portuguese winger Simao

LIVERPOOL are considering an £8m move for Portuguese winger Simao.

Kop boss Rafael Benitez has struggled to find a left-winger for his under-pressure team.

But now he is thinking of turning to the Atletico Madrid wide man.

Simao starred in Atletico’s Europa League semi-final win over the Reds, and their victory over Fulham in the final.

But he is 30 and Atletico need some cash to start adding players to their side.

Simao has performed consistently in La Liga over the last three years and offers the type of experience that Benitez and Liverpool need if they are to battle their way back into the top four.

Benitez would also be interested in taking Yaya Toure to Anfield from Barcelona if he is forced to sell Javier Mascherano

He would get more money for Mascherano and could use some of that towards Simao.

Benitez fell out with Albert Riera last season and wants to move him on.

Simao has only a year left on his contract in Spain and would welcome a move to the Premier League.

He said: “Nobody has spoken with me in the last days about this subject.

“I only say that some people in Madrid have suggested that Atletico are preparing my sale, but I don’t know too much.

‘’I have always been interested in playing in the Premier League, but my head is in the World Cup and I have a deal with Atletico.”

Straight swap for Riera:whistle:

Next week: Dani Alves.

Hang on a sec, what do you mean Rafa's after Peter Crouch?! And Bolo Zenden?! And who exactly is this Momo Sissoko, apart from the new new new Vieira?! This David Villa we keep getting linked with, is he any good? £8m is a bit steep for a player untested at the top level.