You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Siamese stadium proposal

toneloc

Guest ShoePiss

Oh and it is a shared stadium, it's a fucking terrible idea. Just because they have their own set of stands doesn't change the fact that it's the same fucking building, it's not better than a standard shared stadium, it's the same shite.

Why would you bother with that? You may as well stop pretending and actually share a fucking stadium.

However I must come out and say that I am fully infavour of a groundshare and think it makes 100% sense.

Liverpool and Liverpool reserves of course, they should be back playing at home again

Guest davelfc

Fucking hell, I've been banging on about this for years and everyone thought I was daft. Well they still do but at least a few others are daft now too.

Not the worst idea ever... but our side isn't expandable and we could do 60,000 PISS EASY.

The Echo says both sides could be expanded by 10,000. Mind you, you might as well do it yourself with a crayon, because i can't see this thing ever making it further than this drawing. Shame, really, because I think it's an intriguing idea. It's not in any sense a groundshare - different stands, different pitch, etc. It's just a car park share.

And if it's done properly, it could actually improve matchday traffic issues for the locals. Bear in mind that the planning permission for the Reds at Stanley Park would oblige them to reopen a railway line if they want to increase capacity to 70,000. I don't see how that is ever going to make commercial sense for about 30 home games a season. If, however, you had the conjoined-foetus club chipping in a bit of money, it might be viable to get some decent transport infrastructure in place (justified by its being used for about 60 home games).

The only thing I'm really struggling to get my head around is how you quickly and safely evacuate the "central spine" stand in the event of an emergency.

The Red Stadium and the Blue Stadium look the same size on that picture.

Are we going to get that bad that we're also going to get 30k gates?

On the plus side, both stadiums could be filled on derby days, with the first half being played in one ground and the second half............. well i didn't start it!