You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tomorrow could be Rafa's last game for the club and he has given us 4 good seasons.

So please put your best all time Rafa LFC 11 based on players playing at the top of there form.

-----------------------------Pepe------------------------------

Finnan------------Carra----------------Hypia-----------Riise

Gerrard-----------Alonso--------------Hammann--------Kewell

---------------------Torres----------Bellamy-------------------

For me the Bellamy position you could pick anyone of Garcia, Benny or Crouch

But I think the rest of the team picks itself

What do you think

One request please, could the Rafa haters no hijack this thread and lets just look at Rafa all star team.

i wouldnt have kewell in a first 11 of any liverpool team except maybe if you were doing a team of players that everyone thought should have done better in our shirt. also most of those players you picked were signings by ger.

i wouldnt have kewell in a first 11 of any liverpool team except maybe if you were doing a team of players that everyone thought should have done better in our shirt. also most of those players you picked were signings by ger.

He was brilliant in the 82 point season and streets ahead of any other winger in Rafa's tenure

By most you mean five?

Silly me, because you must mean Gerrard and Carra who Ged plucked from the obscurity of the Academy...

----------------------------Reina----------------------------

Arbeloa---------Skrtel--------------Agger----------Aurelio

-----------------Alonso----------Mascherano---------------

Garcia-------------------------------------------------Riera

-------------------Torres-----------Crouch------------------

Tomorrow could be Rafa's last game for the club and he has given us 4 good seasons.

So please put your best all time Rafa LFC 11 based on players playing at the top of there form.

For me the Bellamy position you could pick anyone of Garcia, Benny or Crouch

But I think the rest of the team picks itself

What do you think

One request please, could the Rafa haters no hijack this thread and lets just look at Rafa all star team.

haha you think you're really cunning don't you.

-----------------Itandje

Josemi----Pelligrino----Traore----Dossena

-----------Lucas-----Plessis

Kuyt----------Voronin-----------Gonzalez

----------------Morientes

Pure gravy.

Really has a keen eye for talent eh?

Why have you got Traore at CB?

Rafa team? How many of them did he sign?

(The answer's 4 and 1 of them he shipped out).

--------------Reina-------------

Johnson - Carra - Hyypia - Aurelio

-----------Mascherano----------

Gerrard------Alonso------???----

---------Torres--Crouch---------

That's approx the best team Rafa could have assembled with all players at their Liverpool peak. Arguably Arbeloa over Johnson (though Johnson started well before the team lost confidence and then he got injured). There is no clear left winger, with Benayoun and Garcia both having purple patches for a while, and Riera offering proper width, though none of the left sided options are definites.

Anyhow, as to the point of the thread, if this is Rafa's last game then thanks for the memories Rafa. I will never forget Istanbul as long as I live. Besides that, I also am sorry that it all fell apart for Rafa under our bad owners. Fairness leads me to say that even though Rafa has his flaws, we just don't know how well he might have done had we had proper leadership all pulling in the right direction with him.

Still, if he goes it will be with my best wishes. I think he will be suited to the Italian game too.

Anyhow, as to the point of the thread, if this is Rafa's last game then thanks for the memories Rafa. I will never forget Istanbul as long as I live. Besides that, I also am sorry that it all fell apart for Rafa under our bad owners. Fairness leads me to say that even though Rafa has his flaws, we just don't know how well he might have done had we had proper leadership all pulling in the right direction with him.

Still, if he goes it will be with my best wishes. I think he will be suited to the Italian game too.

Brilliantly put.

th_5.gif

Reina

Johnson

Hyypia

Carragher

Arbeloa

Hammann

Alonso

Benayoun

Gerrard

Luis Garcia

Torres

Tough choice between Hammann and Mascherano, but Hammann just shades it for me. He doesn't have Mascherano's ability, but he was a very clever player who I really missed when he left us.

God only knows if this is Benitez's last game in charge. It seems that most at the club don't know what's happening in two hours time, let alone making susbtantial decisions for the long-term. A sad and sorry mess.

-----------------------------Pepe

Arbeloa------------Carra----------------Hyypia-----------Aurelio

----------------------------Alonso

Johnson-------------Maxi-----------Gerrard------------------Riera

----------------------------Torres

Alonso and Maxi would be doing a lot more tackling in training. Xabi if he'd been put in that role from the off might not be too different from Xavi himself. Still pissed off that he went to Real. He was worth more than 30mil.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Reina

Arbeloa

Carragher

Hyypia

Riise

Mascherano

Alonso

Sissoko

Gerrard

Torres

Crouch

I'd play a midfield diamond because most of our wingers have been shite and it gets our 4 best midfield players on the pitch in their best positions

I still think Torres and Crouch could have been special