You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sack Rafa or keep Rafa?

Maldini

Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa

• sack him
    • keep him

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Hicks wants him to stay.

Hicks is only interested in a huge return on his 'investment'.

Liverpool FC will be worth far more if Torres, Gerrard etc all stay at the football club & there will be a greater chance of that once Rafa is away from the club.

You know that if Pool wins tomorrow and so does Arsenal, we will have the average of 75 points in last five campaigns, Arsenal in last three years managed to get more only once, whereas we three times:) I would praise them for two title challenges, as they got 83 in 2008 and we got 82 in 2006, whereas we did never get credit fot it. This year they stayed in the title race until three weeks ago, still they will get less points than we achieved in 2008. In our poorest season in years with a win tomorrow we will exactly match Ged's average amount of points in his tenure here, Rafa averagely gets more than 9% more points than Ged and several % more than Arsene in last five years. From four of best results in common three would come from Liverpool, yeah!!

Which all goes to prove that statistics are shit

Ha ha ha ha,you fuckin kill me!!!

Now not to disappoint you,going shag the Dog or wank the Budgie.

Hahaha.

On a serious note,how do you feel about the Banks having taken £81m out of the club to date?

Nah,lets blame Rafa

Jesus, that wasn't even remotely funny, and it had you in hysterics ??? strange. As for the money, I don't feel great about it, it's a sickening bolt of reality and I don't see how it has any relevance whatsoever to Rafa ?? it's the owners fault surely, why do you think Rafa is to blame ??? strange again.

Take a look at the accounts mate. We simply arent in a position to pay someone off and not only that spend more hiring another manager and his staff.

There is not a chance on this earth he's getting sacked.

What is more attractive to investors - Liverpool FC with Gerrard and Torres on the books, or Liverpool FC without both players?

I voted for Rafa to stay, still a world class manager, although out of some of the lads I know the reason they want him sacked is more to do with Rafa flirting with other clubs, more than results on the pitch, that seems to be the trigger.

I do think Rafa's personality, or what they deem what they see of his aloof way in the media has rubbed quite a few fans up the wrong way personally.

What is more attractive to investors - Liverpool FC with Gerrard and Torres on the books, or Liverpool FC without both players?

Are the two linked?

Its quite clear we cant afford to sack him. He supposedly has to be paid £16m within 24 hours, you honestly believe this club can find that sort of cash? Not a chance.

Because Hicks wants him to stay.

Nice bit of speculation passed on as fact, for about the 5th time in the last couple of days by yourself. I mean he may well be but Why would you think that's the case ??, even if he came to my house and told me he was behind Rafa I wouldn't believe the fat red neck twat, how can he be trusted with anything ??? keep telling yourself that though, if that's what you want to believe.

I want him out because of the dread that I get these days when going to a match rather than anticipation and excitement. I'm fed up with negative tactics and struggling to outplay Wigan.

The owner issue is far more important but on a day to day level Rafa has to take the blame for what happens on the pitch.

Hicks is only interested in a huge return on his 'investment'..

I agree. Hicks feels the club is worth more with Rafa as manager than some random tier two manager, and he's probably right.

Liverpool FC will be worth far more if Torres, Gerrard etc all stay at the football club & there will be a greater chance of that once Rafa is away from the club.

I disagree. The only thing that will increase the chances of them staying is investment in the team. Which will of course not happen under the current owners, net profit is the modus operandi there.

Jesus, that wasn't even remotely funny, and it had you in hysterics ??? strange. As for the money, I don't feel great about it, it's a sickening bolt of reality and I don't see how it has any relevance whatsoever to Rafa ?? it's the owners fault surely, why do you think Rafa is to blame ??? strange again.

Your fuckin hilarious, and I love to just buzz off you.

Without a doubt,you are the thickest/Clueless Cunt on here

The club's financial plight has nothing to do with the fact Rafa would be quite happy to try and contain Acrington Stanley at 1-0 up, nor does it force him to put Nabil el zhar on at 65 minutes when we do concede the inevitable goal. Finishing seventh isn't just the problem, shit tactics and subs is the problem, as is wasting what you do have to spend on the wrong players.

Can we afford not to sack Rafa Benitez, particularly when that may be the difference between key players staying or going?

Adding £16m to the debt is hardly going to tip us over the edge, and we may be able to demonstrate gross misconduct if Rafa's agent has been negotiating with Juventus whilst still under contract at Liverpool.

Adding £16m to the debt is hardly going to tip us over the edge

Are you serious? We've got to be as close to the edge as possible right now. Thats an astonishing amount of money given the situation we are in and a season coming up with no CL football dont forget.

Sorry, but I think you're kidding yourself if you expect to wake up one day to the headline "Rafael Benitez sacked by Liverpool". Under these owners anyway.

If we could afford to sack him surely we'd have done in Feb, March time to get morale up to qualify for the CL?

Or given him money for a player in January to get us into the CL.

Can we afford not to sack Rafa Benitez, particularly when that may be the difference between key players staying or going?

Adding £16m to the debt is hardly going to tip us over the edge, and we may be able to demonstrate gross misconduct if Rafa's agent has been negotiating with Juventus whilst still under contract at Liverpool.

If key players go and Rafa stays, the swing in the finances, in comparison to what you posted, is more than 100m. Not exactly peanuts. What would G&H prefer?