You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sack Rafa or keep Rafa?

Maldini

Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa

• sack him
    • keep him

If he`s still in charge for the new season, I think i`ll cry.

I just can`t stomach our "style" of football any longer.

I want to be able to look forward to watching us play again.

It's been so bad that I'm even contemplating Martin O'Neill, god help me.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack. But it just seems trivial to me at this stage in comparison to the bigger issue of ownership and i'm done wasting any energy worrying about who will be our manager next season, because until the ownership situation changes the outlook is bleak.

My rationale would be that a new manager might rejuvenate the squad for a short time and stave off the inevitable decline a little while longer. with the proviso that it's Dalglish who selects our next manager.

Quite right, 50% of supporters wanting them sacked is perfectly usual for any given Liverpool manager isn't it?

It's pretty much within the norm here... Questions like these are impossible to answer sensibly, too many unknowns. That's when one votes whatever, and posts nonsense.

Sack. But it just seems trivial to me at this stage in comparison to the bigger issue of ownership and i'm done wasting any energy worrying about who will be our manager next season, because until the ownership situation changes the outlook is bleak.

My rationale would be that a new manager might rejuvenate the squad for a short time and stave off the inevitable decline a little while longer. with the proviso that it's Dalglish who selects our next manager.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.

He has to go - simple as. Astonished by the people that say keep him - but that's democracy for you

i agree he has made shocking calls this year, both in signings, subs, team selections etc. the biggest issue though is sack him it will cost us a fortune, and more importantly who do you get in? O'Neill, Hodgsen, for me no thanks! It's stuck between a rock and a hard place..

Sad state of affairs when you hope that when you wake up in the morning the manager has gone.

If he's here next season I think I'll be even more depressed about our future than I am now.

(if that's even possible)

Loosing my love of the game even more with each day and each press report I read. Sick of it all. Hate to think how i'd be feeling if I had some alcohol today.

Real will hire him to coach their youth team once more. They'd have to be crazy to replace the current manager, who has done a great job, with Benitez.

It appears they aren't happy with the current manager's 'style' and there's no doubt Rafa can keep friends and influence people.

They used to skit the fuck out of us for winning the 'Mickey Mouse Treble'

Now a Carling Cup is a success?

If the mancs take their fourth title on the bounce tomorrow you're getting negged like there's no tomorrow for jinxing it.

Carling Mother Fucking Cup.

I think it’s time for Rafa to leave.

But I don’t think the club will be sold by the start of next season, I’m not sure who currently at the club who is responsible for appointing a replacement, and he’s the only one in the current club hierarchy who cares about the team doing well. So I’ve reluctantly come to the conclusion that it would be the least bad option to keep Rafa as he’s the only one who’s going to fight to keep our best players at the moment.

If I was Rafa I’d leave though.

If by some miracle we get some new responsible owners in quickly, I’d go for a clean slate.

Sad state of affairs when you hope that when you wake up in the morning the manager has gone.

If he's here next season I think I'll be even more depressed about our future than I am now.

(if that's even possible)

Loosing my love of the game even more with each day and each press report I read. Sick of it all. Hate to think how i'd be feeling if I had some alcohol today.

Sums up my feelings too

I've been on the fence all season but now I just want a fresh start. I want someone to come in and bring new energy to the team and maybe build some unity to the team, to me it seems like a lot of our players don't even like each other.

I'm sick of the constant in fighting and politics off the pitch and I'm sick of the shite on the pitch.

A perfect scenario for me would be new owners, new manager, new players and new style of football. If we don't get new owners, I don;t think it's going to matter that much either way we'll finish 4/5/6.

Guest davelfc

I think his time has come, my hopes of him turning it around have dwindled. I now hate watching us play. I managed to watch us on Setanta yesterday and found myself wanting to go and do little jobs around the house as I was getting either bored or frustrated. Same when going to the matches, it just isn't the same anymore.

Of course we're all loyal supporters but aren't we also supposed to be entertained to some extent? That's hardly happened at all this season.

While the owners and football in general have a lot to answer for, it's not them that have sent out the teams for each game this season. Time after time Rafa has sent out a team that was set up to contain Barcelona in the Nou Camp when in fact it was Reading, Portsmouth or Hull.

I don't hate the manager and he still has my respect. I hate the abuse some fans are throwing at him, really what's the point? Have some dignity and voice your issues with him but remember he is our manager.

I would rather Rafa walk than be sacked but history shows that managers are a stubborn breed and of course they do not get paid off if they walk.

My biggest worry (apart from the owners) is who will replace him? If we thought this season just gone was bad then strap yourself in, it's not going to get much better.

I had major doubts about Rafa for a couple of seasons now but the final straw for me was when he brought Skrtel on against Reading when we needed to score in extra time.

It proved once and for all that he'll always err on the side of caution when it comes to the crunch, even against struggling lower league opposition.

Despite many poor decisions, Raffa deserves to stay as he remains the best available candidate.

He is tactically far more astute than O’Neal and Hodgeson and outwitted Mourinho in successive seasons in the CL with a smaller, cheaper and less talented squad.

Until this season the squad were continually improving. That progress should not be discarded simply on this basis of this year’s disappointments.

Keep him.