You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's wrong with RAWK?

Red Mist

Whether you like him or not, rate him or not. It has become clear in the past fortnight that Rafa is the only one of the key players at the club (Purslow, Broughton, Gillett and Hicks being the others) who has the best interests of LFC at heart. Getting rid of Rafa now but be an absolute fucking disaster.

Ehh how is that clear?

The main interest of Rafa Benitez is Rafa Benitez.

I don't really care who they're emailing, but I'd rather they didn't pretend to speak on behalf of all true Liverpool supporters while doing so.

The fact that Man Utd fans are jumping on the campaign and are sending the exact same emails should tell them everything they need to know.

Snippets from the football365.com mailbox:

(I don't know how to do the quote thing)

-----

"No amount of speculation and innuendo on the part of the media will change our level of support for Mr Benitez as we firmly believe he is the right man to be at the helm of our great club.

In fact, the more the media attempts to skew the facts, the stronger our support will become.

By all means report what you see, that is your right. However it's well worth taking note that there are those of us out there that are intelligent enough to see through different eyes."

-----

"We are the fans of Liverpool Football Club, not you, and i would appreciate it if you remembered that the next time you chose to comment on our manager. We choose who is right for our club, and we have chosen Rafa. He embodies The Liverpool Way and there is not a single manager i would rather have in his place."

-----

"My name is Terri Hayden. I was born in Liverpool 30 years ago and immediately claimed a clearly-non-existent bond with my local football club - a bond that you can't understand, no matter how strongly you support your team, because Liverpol fans are a different breed from every other. Not sure why, we just are."

(...)

"Then and only then will I as a fan judge him. But you're never allowed to, because you don't understand Liverpol football club. It's better than you, and we're better fans. Just ask our previous managers."

Snippets from the football365.com mailbox:

What an embarassing sack of crap. And they're sending stuff like that to good journo's who are pro Liverpool aswell.

Like you said earlier, i'm annoyed with the fact they seem to be claiming to represent me and all Liverpool supporters.

If I wanted to write an email in support or criticism of the manager im quite capable of doing it myself.

Nothing wrong with RAWK, just their opinion is different than yours...what's the big deal in that? In certain respects you get better debates than here because it doesn't turn into 'rafa is a cunt' type shit, but more views said in a more respectful way. I've never had issues on there when i've said i'd rather rafa leaves, or when i'm arguing with them on why i don't rate lucas. As long as you can back up what you say then they have no problem with you. Its when you do the shit that carries on here with just abusive personal shit that they ban you for. So half the people on here would get banned ;-).

This is spot on!

I don't really care who they're emailing, but I'd rather they didn't pretend to speak on behalf of all true Liverpool supporters while doing so.

The fact that Man Utd fans are jumping on the campaign and are sending the exact same emails should tell them everything they need to know.

Yes cos those mancs are a fountain of football knowledge and are always right about everything as regards are club! :whistle:

I sent one, this is it:

Hi,

I’m sure you’ve probably received a lot of e-mails from Liverpool fans already this afternoon, I just thought I’d add my voice to theirs. I feel large sections of the media have failed to realise the extent of the problems at Liverpool. Our results this season are just a symptom of the greater problem. For me blaming Rafa for this season is like blaming firemen for burning down your house rather than the arsonist who lit the match.

While we have been poor on the pitch this season we have been a disgrace off it. Our accounts were released today and tell a tale themselves. The £4.3m payment to Rick Parry will make the headlines, and I’m sure the £40.1m interest payments will get a lot of attention but the figure that sticks out for me is the £22.3m spent on the stadium. How can our owners continue to spend huge amounts year on year on a stadium that doesn’t exit? We’ve spent nearly £60m on it before a spade has been put in the ground! How different would our squad look with the £150m+ the owners have spent on interest payments and architects (never mind the actual loan repayments!)

I support Rafa because he is a world class manager. He has made some mistakes this season, as all managers do, but the problem with our club at the moment is there is no margin of error anymore because of our financial problems. No manager of any calibre will even consider taking on the role of Liverpool manager. The thought of the likes of McLaren, O’Neill or Hodgson as Liverpool manager gives me the chills. Without new owners the decline of our club is inevitable, I would much rather have a brilliant manager like Rafa in charge during this time than a mediocre one like the candidates linked recently.

It must also be pointed out that Rafa is the only member of the senior management of our club (Hicks, Gillett, Purslow and Broughton being the others) who we know has the best interests of Liverpool at heart, he is the only one who cares what happens on the pitch. I think fans are starting to realise that our problems are not all the manager’s fault, looking around the Liverpool forums in the past few days some of the people who have been most vociferous in their condemnation of the manager are now changing their minds. Polls on the same sites also suggest that the media’s assertion that the majority of fans want him out are not true. Under normal circumstances our performance this season would have been a sackable offence, but these are extraordinary circumstances.

This sould be the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen.

Seriously.

"Ooooh Mummy! The nasty media men are out to get my Waffa!"

Fair enough, draw attention to the wankers who own the club, but that has fuck all to with rafa also being shit as the manager.

The whoel country is now laughing at us.

Again.

nice one. Knobheads.

I sent one, this is it:

Hi,

I’m sure you’ve probably received a lot of e-mails from Liverpool fans already this afternoon, I just thought I’d add my voice to theirs. I feel large sections of the media have failed to realise the extent of the problems at Liverpool. Our results this season are just a symptom of the greater problem. For me blaming Rafa for this season is like blaming firemen for burning down your house rather than the arsonist who lit the match.

While we have been poor on the pitch this season we have been a disgrace off it. Our accounts were released today and tell a tale themselves. The £4.3m payment to Rick Parry will make the headlines, and I’m sure the £40.1m interest payments will get a lot of attention but the figure that sticks out for me is the £22.3m spent on the stadium. How can our owners continue to spend huge amounts year on year on a stadium that doesn’t exit? We’ve spent nearly £60m on it before a spade has been put in the ground! How different would our squad look with the £150m+ the owners have spent on interest payments and architects (never mind the actual loan repayments!)

I support Rafa because he is a world class manager. He has made some mistakes this season, as all managers do, but the problem with our club at the moment is there is no margin of error anymore because of our financial problems. No manager of any calibre will even consider taking on the role of Liverpool manager. The thought of the likes of McLaren, O’Neill or Hodgson as Liverpool manager gives me the chills. Without new owners the decline of our club is inevitable, I would much rather have a brilliant manager like Rafa in charge during this time than a mediocre one like the candidates linked recently.

It must also be pointed out that Rafa is the only member of the senior management of our club (Hicks, Gillett, Purslow and Broughton being the others) who we know has the best interests of Liverpool at heart, he is the only one who cares what happens on the pitch. I think fans are starting to realise that our problems are not all the manager’s fault, looking around the Liverpool forums in the past few days some of the people who have been most vociferous in their condemnation of the manager are now changing their minds. Polls on the same sites also suggest that the media’s assertion that the majority of fans want him out are not true. Under normal circumstances our performance this season would have been a sackable offence, but these are extraordinary circumstances.

Fuck off with your reasonable points.

We want extremes, and we want them now.

Just saw a link to Rory Smith's twitter on RAWK. A pro Liverpool journo. Way to try and alienate people!

yep. Apparently I've abused my position to attack rafa. Nice that people actually read what you write..

actual count 451. counter emails mocking campaign about 40. It's an overall majority. Am I allowed my inbox back now?

not really. #lfc fanbase split 50/50 on rafa,as far as i can tell, but unhelpful to make it rafa or owners. not that simple.