You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's wrong with RAWK?

Red Mist

Their "Off Topic" page has thrown up a few gems over the years. I'm not sure if you also post on there given what you've put above, but any ideas on what happened to Grifter? His rants are the stuff of legend. Also, a chap called Hazzak who's missus got stuck in their cat flap at home. If that sounds like a funny thing, the thread on it might just be the funniest thread ever on RAWK.

I am still on there under a different name than I use on here. The lad who swallowed the ring pull was funny as well. Not sure about Grifter and his whereabouts, he is one funny fella though.

I stay away from the footy discussion on there, it is fucking silly on there, the email campaign they organised for Rafa was the end of the line for me.

I use RAWK for the off topic discussion as it quite good. The Liverpool part of it can be fucked off big time, too many posters and too many people towing the line on there.

This is what I do not get though. Towing what line? People have opinions and, as long as you are not a wum or troll or whatever, I cannot for the life of me see why expressing your opinion gets you banned from a forum. Since when did rawk become the internet equivalent of Pravda for the Royatollah anyway? Stalinists!

This is what I do not get though. Towing what line? People have opinions and, as long as you are not a wum or troll or whatever, I cannot for the life of me see why expressing your opinion gets you banned from a forum. Since when did rawk become the internet equivalent of Pravda for the Royatollah anyway? Stalinists!

The thing is i'm actually a RAWK supporter. I pay some money quartley like others do to help keep the site running. I've never been abusive to others members and I haven't gone out of my way to wind people up. So although I may have gone too far by calling Konchesky dogshit, I hardly think that warrants a ban.

The thing is i'm actually a RAWK supporter. I pay some money quartley like others do to help keep the site running. I've never been abusive to others members and I haven't gone out of my way to wind people up. So although I may have gone too far by calling Konchesky dogshit, I hardly think that warrants a ban.

Especially since Konchesky is dogshit

boy-chiken-scared-animated-gif-best.gif

I was banned from RAWK for good for posting this in a thread entitled "Better late than never: A tribute to Rafa" (or something like that):

Better late than never? Has it been 15 minutes already?

Totally intolerant of any criticism of Rafa unless you grovel and frame it in the most delicate way possible.

Nah, think its just whoever the manager is. Otherwise why ban people for criticising the Royatollah and his regime?

I tried joining up there a couple of years ago, but was told they had fulfilled there membership quota, and to try another time. I'm glad I never bothered. There's a handful of really good and informative threads, and some of the posters are OK, but on the whole, there's far too many posters intolerant of opinions outside of the 'forum consensus'. The mods there seem guilty of encouraging this mentality too. As a result, debate is stifled, which surely goes against what a discussion forum should be all about.

I noticed they have allowed members to post on the match day threads again, which is nice of them. Although what the fuck the mods (and those who agreed with it) were thinking when they banned in-match discussion in the first place is beyond me. If some people want an unbiased rolling report, there's other sites (BBC) for that, and even if they wanted one on their site, why not allow another one alongside it for those FM's who do want to discuss the match?

It all seems a tad oppressive and Stalag-like for me.

Guest TesticleOReilly
I hate all this bollocks about I only criticised him. You must have done something wrong. They dont just hand out bans.

They do on RAWK.