You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres or Ronaldo

Red Nick

Guest PurpleNose
Hahahahaha.

That is quite possibly the most ludicrious sentence ever spoken.

Not only on here. But the entire internet.

Is it absolutely ridiculous that I consider Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Rooney and Reina to be better footballers?

Thought not.

Guest PurpleNose
Maicon better than Ronaldo?

Why not?

He's the best right back in the world.

Do you have to be an attacking midfielder/forward to be considered the best player in the world?

Guest PurpleNose
no, i just think maicon is more than a little defensively suspect for a right back.

I don't think he, Mourinho, or Dunga, give a fuck. He's amazing going forwards.

Call him a wingback if you want.

Ronaldo has faults as well. He's a massive cuntface. He's got shit greasy hair. He doesn't track back, ever. He's extremely greedy. He doesn't possess the footballing intelligence of a truly great player.

I think Ashley Cole is a better footballer than Ronaldo as well. Rather ironically he proves it everytime they play against each other.

I'll go along with the current tag. None.

It pains me to say it but I would take the money for Torres as it stands. If, however we got another world class striker and played them both when fit then Torres all the way. Would be interesting to have both.

Why not?

He's the best right back in the world.

Do you have to be an attacking midfielder/forward to be considered the best player in the world?

Is that not a massive contradiction saying why do you need to be an attacking player, to be considered the best in the world, to then get called out on this player being suspect defensively - you agree by saying "yeah but he's amazing when he's attacking"?

Call me old fashioned, but i prefer my defenders to defend. And on that principle - i think the best right back in the world should be a good defender.

Guest PurpleNose
Is that not a massive contradiction saying why do you need to be an attacking player, to be considered the best in the world, to then get called out on this player being suspect defensively - you agree by saying "yeah but he's amazing when he's attacking"?

Call me old fashioned, but i prefer my defenders to defend. And on that principle - i think the best right back in the world should be a good defender.

If he can be adequately covered by a holding midfielder, or the right midfielder, it doesn't matter. As Inter and Brazil have shown.

It was a random pick purely to show you that saying neither Ronaldo or Torres are in the top five players in the world wasn't a ridiculous opinion.

A.Cole, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Rooney, Reina.

There, you've got six now.

Why?

Ronaldo is a World and European Player of the Year who has won everything at club level and is the most expensive footballer in the history of the game. He was the most influential player in the Man Utd team that won 3 consecutive league titles and went to 2 consecutive European Cup finals and now he's the most influential player in a Real Madrid side which has won 30 of their 36 league games and could yet pip Barca to the Spanish League title. He'd quite easily walk into any side on the planet and (with the possible exception of Barcelona) vastly improve the lot of them.

Reina, on the other hand (as much as I love the bloke), can't get a game for his national team and is held no higher regard outside of Liverpool than about half a dozen other top class keepers. He's won nothing at club level besides the FA Cup and has played every game this season for a side which has limped to a 6th/7th place finish in the league.

I can't imagine there's a single manager on the entire planet (Benitez included) who would take Pepe over Ronaldo if given the choice. Nor can I imagine a single football fan on the planet (outside a small minority of Liverpool fans) who wouldn't burst out laughing at your claim Reina is the better of the 2.

I think there may be a bit of bias creeping in when you use "he's a massive cuntface" and "he's got greasy hair" as reasons to declare the widely regarded 2nd best player on the planet as being a worse footballer than our goalkeeper.

dont think Torres would get that much injured if we played 4-4-2 because the defense would have two players to kick instead of just one.

And if we played a 4-4-2, then we wouldn't have a manager to tries to use Torres as a fucking target man, which leads to him being elbowed in the back of the head about 184048 times a match.

Guest PurpleNose
Ronaldo is a World and European Player of the Year who has won everything at club level and is the most expensive footballer in the history of the game. He was the most influential player in the Man Utd team that won 3 consecutive league titles and went to 2 consecutive European Cup finals and now he's the most influential player in a Real Madrid side which has won 30 of their 36 league games and could yet pip Barca to the Spanish League title. He'd quite easily walk into any side on the planet and (with the possible exception of Barcelona) vastly improve the lot of them.

Reina, on the other hand (as much as I love the bloke), can't get a game for his national team and is held no higher regard outside of Liverpool than about half a dozen other top class keepers. He's won nothing at club level besides the FA Cup and has played every game this season for a side which has limped to a 6th/7th place finish in the league.

I can't imagine there's a single manager on the entire planet (Benitez included) who would take Pepe over Ronaldo if given the choice. Nor can I imagine a single football fan on the planet (outside a small minority of Liverpool fans) who wouldn't burst out laughing at your claim Reina is the better of the 2.

I think there may be a bit of bias creeping in when you use "he's a massive cuntface" and "he's got greasy hair" as reasons to declare the widely regarded 2nd best player on the planet as being a worse footballer than our goalkeeper.

Clearly this wasn't fucking serious.

Ok, Casillas.

I couldn't give a flying fuck if Ronaldo is widely regarded as the second best player in the world. Nobody has any single way of proving he's a better footballer than Xavi, Ashley Cole or Buffon.

I'm bored of this now though. This conversation is set to go round in circles, and frankly I can't be arsed with it.