You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Justified

RedKnight

• 3 weeks later...
Decided to have another bash at it and this time I've watched it in blocks of episodes rather than one a week. Enjoying it a lot now, especially as it moved more away from 'criminal of the week'.

Just came in here and scrolled straight to the last post so I don't see any spoilers and what you've said seems similar to me.

Started watching it when it first came out but gave up after about 5 episodes. You've nailed it with the ' criminal of the week ' which was, to be honest, boring the shit out of me.

I'm up to episode ten in series one and it's slowly getting better so I'll stick with it now.

Just came in here and scrolled straight to the last post so I don't see any spoilers and what you've said seems similar to me.

Started watching it when it first came out but gave up after about 5 episodes. You've nailed it with the ' criminal of the week ' which was, to be honest, boring the shit out of me.

I'm up to episode ten in series one and it's slowly getting better so I'll stick with it now.

Olyphant's awesome charisma carries you through some of the weaker season one episodes, so by the end of it you're just expecting Raylan to be a total bad ass. Once we get to the overriding arc of Boyd and his father it holds together a lot better. At first it felt like a more robust version of a network procedural drama.

Olyphant's awesome charisma carries you through some of the weaker season one episodes, so by the end of it you're just expecting Raylan to be a total bad ass.

Hmmm, doubtful...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

rylan.jpg

Ooooh, get you.

Olyphant's awesome charisma carries you through some of the weaker season one episodes' date=' so by the end of it you're just expecting Raylan to be a total bad ass. Once we get to the overriding arc of Boyd and his father it holds together a lot better. At first it felt like a more robust version of a network procedural drama.[/quote']

The episode with the hostage situation in the Marshall offices is one of the most boring episodes of television I've ever seen!

Walton Goggins is a big reason for me sticking with it though, I know as soon as he's involved regularly it's going to kick up a notch.

Brilliant show. It's well acted, good plotting with lots of twists, it has great villains - not just Walton Goggins but Wynn Duffy, the Bennetts, the13 year old herbal remedy saleslady Loretta and Limehouse, some great one-liners, music that rocks your socks off AND the delectable Natalie Zea. The only downside is that the next series doesn't start for another 6 months.

O.K., so its all happening in a small area, just think of it as Midsomers Murders with drug dealers

Brilliant show. It's well acted, good plotting with lots of twists, it has great villains - not just Walton Goggins but Wynn Duffy, the Bennetts, the13 year old herbal remedy saleslady Loretta and Limehouse, some great one-liners, music that rocks your socks off AND the delectable Natalie Zea. The only downside is that the next series doesn't start for another 6 months.

O.K., so its all happening in a small area, just think of it as Midsomers Murders with drug dealers

I'm at work right now but I'll be checking this site out when I get home.

Gangstagrass

ggpromo1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished S04 last night. What a fucking superb tv series, and what a great 4th season. As others have said, the dialogue is just brilliant. Boyd Crowder especially, just awesome.

I've watched the entire 4 seasons over a couple of months and I am definitely going to miss Givens, Crowder, Limehouse and Kentucky in general. Marvellous, marvellous telly and I've loved it. I'll be bestowing rep yet again to the excellent GF chaps for another excellent TV recommendation. Thank you y'awwl.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched first 10 episodes of season 1 and am loving it now, like you I cannot see why I got it soo wrong!

Timothy Olymphant is cool as fuck, as he was in Deadwood and Goggins is great at whatever he does.

Plus everyone says its gets even better season 2 onwards, belting.

• 2 weeks later...
Just started this. Really liked the first episode.Second was pretty good,third a bit less. Villain of the week was starting to bug me and was about to knock it on the head but I reckon I'll crack on with it after reading this.

Midway through season 1 gets good and then after that it explodes into greatness. I have just finished season 3 and it's my favourite show now, fucking love it.

• 4 weeks later...

On my way through season 4 now and it's getting better all the time.

The development of Arlo has been brilliant.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Was really expecting the other prisoner to attack Arlo rather than the other way around.

Goggins is excellent as well obviously.

I liked season 1 anyway, it's essentially a mini western each week. However I think from 2 onwards it's really improved and season 4 has been excellent.

Wyn Duffy keeps on getting better and better as well.

"If that had worked out, I think we probably would've heard something by now."

Any ideas when Season 5 is meant to kick off?