You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Polo Shirts

WaltonRed

Don't get all the fuss about Lyle & Scott. I'm all for looking like a suave motherfunker, but they charge extortionate prices to put a little shitty bird logo on it. Same applies to Lacoste as well. At least Fred Perry have a bit of a trim on the sleeves and colllar. I mean, if it's a really nice top, then you can understand it, but most of them are just plain polo tops, that you can get for under a tenner.

Don't get all the fuss about Lyle & Scott. I'm all for looking like a suave motherfunker, but they charge extortionate prices to put a little shitty bird logo on it. Same applies to Lacoste as well. At least Fred Perry have a bit of a trim on the sleeves and colllar. I mean, if it's a really nice top, then you can understand it, but most of them are just plain polo tops, that you can get for under a tenner.

I think the material for Lyle & Scott is different to others. I wore the grey one and it felt different to other polo tops i've worn.

John Smedley does some fucking lovely gear, but some of it is stupidly expensive. I used to buy it when I didn't have my flat.

*cries*

Great shout Ted.

I've got some nice stuff bookmarked to purchase but being jobless means i'll have to wait for it.

The long sleeve mod type tops are lovely.

I can kind of understand paying heavy money for brands if you think you get better quality but I'm always stumped at paying for jarg gear. If you've got £20 then get a polo shirt that looks decent for £20, why get a jarg brand name one?

Is anyone worth impressing impressed by brands? Good looking clobber, yes (brand or not) but if it's just for a name or a badge then it's hardly worth impressing them, surely?

• Upvote 1

Costco were selling Lyle & Scott Golf Polos for £15 not long back, the slightly longer collar and the Eagle on the sleeve, nice. They also had Marlborough ones, not to everyones taste I know but £12 instead of £50 in House of Frasier.

Bought a lot of cheap Ralph Laurens on Ebay ( all genuine ). Turkey is the place for Fred Perry's.

Got a Lyle and Scott polo off eBay for £19.98. Lyleandscott_store his username is.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Has Malarkey been groomed yet?

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more 'flaming', Lewis goes and posts this.

Oi! There's nothing wrong with that.

*Grabs crotch and thrusts it at Ted*

Ban this!

Next time Stu, grab your own rather than Ted's...

Has Malarkey been groomed yet?

Oi! There's nothing wrong with that.

Next time Stu, grab your own rather than Ted's...

Indeed, Lewis. How do you think I get Lyle and Scott Polo shirts for that cheap?

BAM!