You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US shows recommendations

• 2 weeks later...
Friday night lights

I would like to stump for this show. It is excellent - on the final episode now and it has been well worth the time spent. Big Tim Riggins hair would be greatly appreciated by the GF, I'm sure, as would the absolutely sensational Minka Kelly.

Minka_Kelly_Hot_Sexy_style.jpg

minka-kelly-as-lyla-garrity.jpg

• 2 months later...
Breaking bad.

Anyone who likes the US Office should check out Parks and Recreation too, into it's second season now and it's class.

Edit: Just thought of a few more; Six Feet Under, Battlestar Galactica, True Blood and Rome.

I am now mid way through Season 2 and it is superb. Ron Swanson is fucking amazing.

SoA is superb, especially for The Shield fans.

Breaking Bad is fantastic.

Also Fringe is well worth a watch.

Plus if you haven't watched Six Feet Under, Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, Oz. Get right on it!

it isnt fantastic its fucking epic. best thing since the wire.

[YOUTUBE]--z4YzxlT8o[/YOUTUBE]

heres a fan's trailer that doesnt give too much away. I've just finished watching series three and it still has me on the edge of my seat. fuckin' awesome show.

Deserves a thread of its own.

At the moment, loving the second series of 'Justified.' Just watched episode 12 - one left to go and it's all kicking off!

'Psych' doesn't get much press over here but it's always good for a laugh.

Watched five episodes of US version of 'The Killing' and it's very good. I don't know how it compares to the original but it's definitely worth a look.

• 4 months later...

A random collection of shows that preview either this month or during the current season.

[YOUTUBE]J_jAlFqvASU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]X6aNEIZwPFc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KK4YuIf2cIg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7xUlfno9QTM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lEDycgpEtkQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]B_LmBuZymKA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Kh3rFsv_WSE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yUOUrWxIWbs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aDbF8b9wkMs[/YOUTUBE]

• 5 months later...

Done all 4 series of Breaking Bad, the 6th series of Dexter and just finishing up Sons Of Anarchy in the last couple of months.

Thinking of watching Grimm next, anyone seen it? Any good?

Or are there any new shows out in the last year I should be looking at first?

Homeland is well worth a watch. I'm just over half way through and loving it.

I've just watched the first three on 4OD. Will be watching last night's episode later. Really enjoying it so far, but have to confess I'd give almost anything Damian Lewis did a look as he's such a good actor.

I like science fiction but Alcatraz, Terra Nova and Awake don't grab me. I wouldn't mind watching Grimm, and Person Of Interest looks pretty intriguing.

Maybe this as well Anubis, Once upon a time. New series, Robert Carlyle is in it as well.

Once Upon a Time (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[YOUTUBE]Rga4rp4j5TY[/YOUTUBE]

Done all 4 series of Breaking Bad, the 6th series of Dexter and just finishing up Sons Of Anarchy in the last couple of months.

Thinking of watching Grimm next, anyone seen it? Any good?

Or are there any new shows out in the last year I should be looking at first?

Grimm has gotten average reviews and slightly better viewing figures so far. I've not started it to offer an opinion though.

As said above, Homeland is well worth a watch. Second best new series of 2011 for me behind Game of Thrones.

The pilot for Awake was pretty decent but who knows what that'll develop into. Justified is one of the best shows currently on air and that ain't far off finishing off season three.

Grimm has gotten average reviews and slightly better viewing figures so far. I've not started it to offer an opinion though.

As said above, Homeland is well worth a watch. Second best new series of 2011 for me behind Game of Thrones.

The pilot for Awake was pretty decent but who knows what that'll develop into. Justified is one of the best shows currently on air and that ain't far off finishing off season three.

I haven't seen GOT; but I thought Boss was slightly better than Homeland.

I haven't seen GOT; but I thought Boss was slightly better than Homeland.

Haven't got round to seeing Boss yet hence the none inclusion. It's there ready to be watched, mind.

Game of Thrones is well worth a watch, like.

Haven't got round to seeing Boss yet hence the none inclusion. It's there ready to be watched, mind.

Game of Thrones is well worth a watch, like.

That and Boardwalk Empire are next for me. That's the one drawback with this TV golden age; too many quality shows and not enough time.