You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US shows recommendations

Thing is it had a promising story and format but (assuming the network made them) they pussied out big time. It was just a bit like bikers gangs if they were done by Disney. It could have been really dark and an epic series if they wanted.

I need something to satisfy the gap in my viewing will give Fargo a go.

Anyone seen that TV show being advertised about the kids being sent to earth it looks so shit it's unreal. How does this crap get the green light?

Thing is it had a promising story and format but (assuming the network made them) they pussied out big time. It was just a bit like bikers gangs if they were done by Disney. It could have been really dark and an epic series if they wanted.

I need something to satisfy the gap in my viewing will give Fargo a go.

Anyone seen that TV show being advertised about the kids being sent to earth it looks so shit it's unreal. How does this crap get the green light?

The 100 I guess you mean ? I watched the first season and can honestly say it was hard work. Total brain fodder of a series and would only recommend as a last resort.

Is Sons of Anarchy worth watching? I watched the first episode and enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if my time would be better spent watching Justified, Battlestar Galactica, House of Cards or even Orange is the new Black.

I wish I was one of these people who could watch everything but I'm more of a 'Pick a show and watch the lot' kind of guy. 

Can highly recommend orange is the new black. Watched both seasons over a couple of days and was totally pulled in by it. Some great characters in it and some really funny moments through both series.

Yeah. Peculiar.

Just watched the opening episode too. The single most annoying opening 3 minutes I've ever watched to any show. After that I didn't really get it. Just weird depressing shit. I don't see the point of the show, while the concept could be interesting, it doesn't seem to have much direction. Hard to believe this pilot would have been enough to get HBO to a season run. I have to assume there's better to follow.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just watched the opening episode too. The single most annoying opening 3 minutes I've ever watched to any show. After that I didn't really get it. Just weird depressing shit. I don't see the point of the show, while the concept could be interesting, it doesn't seem to have much direction. Hard to believe this pilot would have been enough to get HBO to a season run. I have to assume there's better to follow.

I've got to agree. The direction was missing. Hopefully that's coming in following episodes. I'll give it some more time but just thought it was strange as fuck.

Season 2 of that must be due out soon. I didn't think it was all that good to be honest, it started OK, but I thought half a dozen episodes in the middle were weak.

Yeah agree with that. It was weak overall. Don't know if I can even be bothered watching season 2.

Watched a few more episodes of SoA and wasn't too impressed. I may come back to it at another time but for now I'm going to give Justified a whirl along with Orange is the new Black or Arrested Development for some laughs. I need something to replace It's Always Sunny..

I tried AD a few years ago, watched about 6 episodes and some of it was great, but some episodes I didn't laugh once. My mates have said it's class though and they were right about It's Always.. so I think I'll just stick with it. It took nearly 2 seasons before Sunny really made me laugh. 

Watched a few more episodes of SoA and wasn't too impressed. I may come back to it at another time but for now I'm going to give Justified a whirl along with Orange is the new Black or Arrested Development for some laughs. I need something to replace It's Always Sunny..

I tried AD a few years ago, watched about 6 episodes and some of it was great, but some episodes I didn't laugh once. My mates have said it's class though and they were right about It's Always.. so I think I'll just stick with it. It took nearly 2 seasons before Sunny really made me laugh.

Try Legit. Season 1 is brilliant, laughs beginning to end. Season 2 is less funny, but still as good as most stuff out there.
  • Upvote 1

Watched the debut seasons of Broad City and Review, this week. Both very promising and very funny. Broad city's first couple of episode are dodgy, as they're relying too much on shock humour, but then it settles into a better rhythm; Review is hot instantly and then dips slightly. I think they're both strong 8/10s and it's nice to have fresh comedies coming through, as most of my favourites are on the decline, or just about to end.

Watched the debut seasons of Broad City and Review, this week. Both very promising and very funny. Broad city's first couple of episode are dodgy, as they're relying too much on shock humour, but then it settles into a better rhythm; Review is hot instantly and then dips slightly. I think they're both strong 8/10s and it's nice to have fresh comedies coming through, as most of my favourites are on the decline, or just about to end.

I enjoyed review, its was mental but funny.

Watched 3 episodes of Justified and I'm enjoying it so far. Also gave Arrested Development another go, think it was the seventh episode that really did it for me. Before that I wasn't sure but I watched a few episodes last night and I was cracking up. I think I need to give more American comedy shows a chance. They really grow on me when I actually give them a chance.