You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benítez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

that's the point. is rafa really one of the top 10 managers in the world?

The only opinion that really matters on that score is his as he's the one making the decision. If Juventus, Madrid and Inter really have been knocking on his door then no doubt that's re-inforced that judgment.

of course he can get another job, he could go an manager someone like espanyol or atletico madrid or something like that. but that's a step down. its not that he can't find any old job, its that he may not have the opportunity to find the next big one. big jobs do not open that often and timing is crucial, unless of course you are real madrid at which point the job is always open.

i think rafa looks at managing in italy as a step down. he won't take the inter job because his ego is way too big to follow mourinho. i think he'd entertain the ac milan job but i don't think the money is there for him to build a new team and its likely a longer project because of their overall age.

juve i'm sure was intriguing because of the money behind them. but he's already at one of the top 10 clubs in the world and if he thinks he can win the power struggle i'm sure he's going to wait us out

capello isn't a good example he's in his 60s, rafa is still a youngish manager. plus i think capello's cv is much better at this point than rafa's. someone would still be taking a slight risk by hiring him.

Agree.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafael Benitez's agent Manuel Garcia Quillon has dismissed reports linking his client with Inter as little more than transfer speculation.

The Liverpool coach has been rumoured to be one of the leading candidates to fill in the void left behind by Real Madrid-bound Jose Mourinho.

Inter and Real are still some way from reaching an accord over the 'Special One' as they continue to negotiate his exit from San Siro.

But his replacement is unlikely to be the Spanish tactician.

"I don't know anything about Inter," the agent told Calciomercato.it.

"No one has contacted me. It is just transfer speculation."

Benitez himself has maintained he wants to continue coaching Liverpool whenever the subject has come up in recent weeks.

Christ alive. I was actually hoping..

Johnny, that's all fine, but you must take into account that there is spin on both sides. I don't think Rafa is trying to ruin the club at all. I do think he doesn't really give a toss whether he's here or somewhere else. His wife will have huge affection for the next club he goes to. And the one after that. There is such a thing as PR, which as I said can be taken as fact by either side when it suits them.

Who gives a tinkers cuss what you think, you blowhard. Why don't you spend more time looking after the "millions of pounds" every day that you boast you manage for clients rather than drone on and on with your half baked psychoanalysis of Rafa - a man you have never met and never will. Which of your clients pays for all the time you spend on an insignificant football forum obsessively spinning conspiracy theories, like some latter-day Captain Queeg trying to prove that Rafa stole the strawberries from the officers mess.

Your theories, statements and slanderous insinuations about Rafa are so wide off the mark that you are not worth debating.

Who gives a tinkers cuss what you think, you blowhard. Why don't you spend more time looking after the "millions of pounds" every day that you boast you manage for clients rather than drone on and on with your half baked psychoanalysis of Rafa - a man you have never met and never will. Which of your clients pays for all the time you spend on an insignificant football forum obsessively spinning conspiracy theories, like some latter-day Captain Queeg trying to prove that Rafa stole the strawberries from the officers mess.

Your theories, statements and slanderous insinuations about Rafa are so wide off the mark that you are not worth debating.

Thanks for the feedback diego. I wasn't boasting, you div, I was merely pointing out to the original delusional poster - who seemed to think that anyone who disagreed with him was some sort of clueless yokel - that he was once again wrong.

Now you might not care what I think, but I am one of the thousands of people who post on this website to contribute an opinion. That's what makes it work. I don't post conspiracy theories, I don't think Rafa is evil, I don't believe everything is Rafa's fault. I don't even think we should sack him. I don't need to sex up Rafa's fuckups at all. I can live with you not agreeing with my point of view, I can live with you calling me names, but I draw the line at suggestions that I would make slanderous insinuations. That's absolutely outrageous.

Yours, shaken to my foundations

Stringy xx