You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benítez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

Haha are you taking the piss ;-)

It was just a general response mate really.

No, seriously, I wasn't taking the piss.

From my perspective, some of your posts over recent times haven't been far off "has anybody noticed how the Summer weather has been shit since Benitez has been here? We never used to get this much rain before he came"...but, that is your prerogative, we don't all have to agree all of the time and I was just saying that if that response was directed at me, that there was no need as I agreed with you.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think taking one season in isloation is a bit of a slippery slope, next it'll be month by month, a new manager will come in and if his october isn't as good as his september it'll be time for him to go as he has declined.

The moment we accept mediocrity is the moment the Yanks have won.

No Top European Club no matter how fucked the ownership issue is wouldn't accept this season.

Jim you are probably right about purslow in that respect - but the results on the pitch make things a whole lot easier for him to do that. It's clear there is a power struggle between the two of them, but there's only ever one person who's winning that argument when the results are poor. But everywhere rafa has worked, he has turned his working relationships sour. There is enough shit at our club without the playing side contributing to it. The ownership is what it is, we need someone who can work with the situation we have and not allow what is happening upstairs infect the team. If you listen to rafa all our problems begin an end with cash. Yet the mongs down the road have less to spend, their owners are fucking them every bit as badly a ours, they lost their bes player last year and there'll spend fuck all again this summer. Yet the purple nosed twat doesn't let anyone see the issues behind the scenes. I'm sure he's not happy, but he's not letting it infect his team, he's not letting his players have an excuse and he's not looking for one himself. Yes they've gone backwards because of the loss of ronaldo, but not like what's happened at our club.

To be fair Baz, ginsoak has fuck all choice but to brush thing sunder the carpet, he's nearly fucking 70 and has no chance of switching to another club to begin a new "project". The dirty manc fuckers are nearing the end of the crest of their wave, and the only thing I can hope for is that the cunt sticks around to see their demise like the other cunt did at forest.

2 options for Benitez and Ferguson over the past few years:

Keep schtum, smooth everything over, "keep the fans happy", take 19and get the fuck out of dodge as a legend

Kick up a fucking stink...jurgen fucking klinsmann, wheres the money gone you robbing texas twat, ah look here's our Christy Shifty Boswell to save the day, keep banging away to try and see things through to the end..

Let's be honest, any of us as a football fan has a certain amount of knowledge (bar code obviously), pride, and passion for our club, we cannot switch to Inter, Chelsea, Barca or Real... we're basically Liverpool or we're fucked. The fat spanish waiter spic cunt can take his pick from the other top clubs in europe, but he chooses to stay with his "project" at Liverpool - that's not down to payoffs, handrubbing gestures to Gerrard, lucas being his lovechild, Alonso tickling his mistress or anything other than he believes in our club... Like it or not - he KNOWS more about Liverpool FC than any of us arseholes - and that is a FACT. He believes he can achieve more at Liverpool than at any of the other clubs he can move to.....

Now due to his history in the game, as opposed to Tom, George & Shifty fucking Boswell, and due to the fact that he can move on somewhere cushier, with better weather, which isn't the fucking Wirral... the very fact that a football man chooses to stick rather than twist imbues a little faith in me that there maybe a golden sky..... but fuck me we haven't had a storm like this for 20 years.... but the yanks must be thinking this is the perfect storm... change the name benitez for dalglish - leave everything else the same - the run of poor results, the shit buys, the glory, the trophies, the idolatry, they are men among mortals - we ask them to fulfill our dreams, just as the scum fans, rentboys, and tranmere fans do... when we know they are being royally fucked from on high, we should stand by them, even if we believe in thevlong run their time has passed, we sail through rocky waters together and part when we've seen each other to safety.... right I got to go piss in abottle for 24 hours...

peace motherfuckers

The latest quotes as Rafa defends his time at Liverpool mean that he is determined to stay on as manager. In all honesty, I'm not all that bothered. The biggest issue is new owners. Once they are in they will take a good look at the whole situation. If Rafa left then I feel with the current ownership situation we wouldn't have got a top manager anyhow.

So, reluctantly, the best option is to let Rafa continue, at least until new owners come in.

He should be allowed to spend whatever he generates thorugh sales, though no more.

2004 to 2010 is not one season. Despite the time and the money spent we are 3 places below where we were when he came.

I can't believe you don't get what I'm saying, try this....if we were 4th when he came here, then we finished 1st every year after then finished 7th last season, would we have gone from 4th to 7th? yes, but you are looking at a season in isolation without taking anything else into account. I happen to think the team has steadily progressed throughout Rafa's tenure (most of you will disagree I know) and last season was a blip where anything that could go wrong went wrong and I fully expect a big improvement next year.

I can't believe you don't get what I'm saying, try this....if we were 4th when he came here, then we finished 1st every year after then finished 7th last season, would we have gone from 4th to 7th? yes, but you are looking at a season in isolation without taking anything else into account. I happen to think the team has steadily progressed throughout Rafa's tenure (most of you will disagree I know) and last season was a blip where anything that could go wrong went wrong and I fully expect a big improvement next year.

A blip that lasted 9 months? some blip. Are you going to come back in August and tell us he hasn't lost a league game for two months?

You're still looking at one season in isolation you unfunny dumbass.

Was gonna rep purely because it made me laugh but gotta spread.

No Top European Club no matter how fucked the ownership issue is wouldn't accept this season.

Doesn't make them all right though. Several of them could've had brilliant seasons next time around if they'd had patience with their managers.

Why do you even bother engaging with him mate? he is the biggest bell end on the site.

It astounds me how he never gets tired of making a cunt of himself, how he never gets tired of having his arse handed to him on a plate and how he has to scuttle off back under his stone every so often til he thinks people have forgotten what a show he made of himself last time he opened his gish.

It's a shame he's a Red really, as under different circumstances he has all the essential bitter, blinkered stupid qualities that make for an identikit Evertonian. He's wasting his 'talents' being a Liverpool fan.

A blip that lasted 9 months? some blip. Are you going to come back in August and tell us he hasn't lost a league game for two months?

A season last 9 months, he wrote 'last season was a blip' ergo your first question was answered before you asked it.

On the general theme, I trust Rafa more than the owners and I think we should get rid of the two pricks first because any manager we get will have no funds to do anything. Once those two have done one, we look at how things are then. It's counter productive to heap all the bile on the manager and just come out with 'of course I dont like those two' but keep on and on with the anti-rafa stuff. It does my fucking head all the constant carping from ART et al so god knows what it does to fans who don't want Rafa gone. It's not exactly getting us anywhere, particularly when we all know that 95% (I looked it up) of journalists are shysters who'd sell their grannies to get the back page.

The point remains, as I am now tired of typing. Xabi Alonso handed in a transfer request and chose to leave Liverpool. That is his prerogative.

Rafa Benitez thought Xabi Alonso was on the slide in 2007/8 and wanted to sell him...as his prerogative as those are the decisions he gets paid for by virtue of being the manager.

Xabi Alonso did what he was supposed to in 2008/9 after getting a big wake up call, he then decides to leave for pastures new, Rafa sees Alonso is back to his best and wants to keep him. Life and football is a self correcting science.

So, I'll ask again, where is the shit treatment and how is the manager a cunt because of it?

Easy answer to easy question: He's a cunt for not seeing Xabi's class, even with a temporary drop in form. I have no trouble following your reasoning, I simply believe that he was blatantly wrong. I also believe it will be his most blatant failure when we look back at his failed stewardship.

Recently he hailed Kuyt, the failed striker gone shite, donkey winger, as his best signing. Says it all.