You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benítez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

Shitcoat just won a domestic double and is on the verge of a treble. He can pretty much say what he likes.

Benitez is the sort of man that loves throwing stones in glass houses

And people want him here.. How long before he starting whoring himself for the Utd job after a couple of years at Liverpool?

I understand what you say about Rafa not being in a position to comment on Mourinio, but Pellegrini might be his mate, two other factors.. 1. Real Madrid is Rafa's boyhood club and 2. It's Mourinio, he's never backed away from having a dig so fuck him.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me what rafa's net spend was since he became manager?

2004/05 - £15,050,000

2005/06 - £27,400,000

2006/07 - £31,170,000

2007/08 - £2,600,000

2008/09 - £5,550,000

2009/10 - £-1,100,000

TOTAL - £80,670,000

Average - £13,445,000 per season.

Can't argue with a 'IMO'.

This is the worst it has been in my lifetime, my Uncle's were around during the second division years and laugh quite a lot at my whinging!

I think have been in far worse straights on the pitch during Souness, Evans and Ged, I think the actual football Club is in a health position.

But off it, we have a couple of crooks who are going to bleed us dry until they get they're money. The irony is, that they do not deserve to make any money out of this and the only way that will happen is if we suffer as a club!

It's a fucking horrible, frustrating position to be in and that is why I think Fans are so uptight.

I went to my first game in '67 but really only started going actively in '69. I left the country in 1982 so really now I am a fan in exile. I can agree with you about the state of play on the pitch under Souness and probably Ged's final year but I always thought Evo's side played decent football and we were maybe one or two players from a side capable of being champions . 100% with you on the Yanks and it's frustrating that we appear to have nothing happening on that front. I'm hoping that's down to Broughtons no leaks statement and not down to there being no interest.

Having said all that I've reached the end with Rafa, I reached a state during last season where I sometimes couldn't be arsed watching us, our football was so boring.

I'm tired of his weird substitutions, I'm tired of him spending what little money we have on players that he doesn't use and I'm tired of his tactics at places like Wigan and Wolves. I really do believe that a manager with a more positive mindset could get more from the current squad, maybe everything inside the club has finally tipped him over the edge-who knows?

Rafael Benitez odds-on to remain Liverpool FC manager next season

Benitez cut to 4/6 to stay at Anfield

Sky Bet have slashed Rafa Benitez’s odds of remaining at the Liverpool helm next season to 4/6 (from even money) following the appointment of Luigi Del Neri at Juventus.

The Turin side had been pursuing Benitez to replace Alberto Zaccheroni but have bypassed the Spaniard as he continues to ponder his future on Merseyside.

Benitez’s tenure as manager has been in doubt after Liverpool’s disastrous league campaign, which saw them finish seventh, their lowest position for more than a decade. It’s 5/2 that Benitez leaves Anfield this summer to take over from Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.

After winning the Champions League, European Super Cup, FA Cup and Community Shield in his first two seasons in charge, Rafa Bentiez has failed to deliver further success to the Reds.

It’s 6/4 for Liverpool to win a piece of silverware in the 2010/11 season and 1/2 that Bentiez’s side draws another blank.

Sky Bet’s football betting spokesman Tim Reynolds said: "It may not be the news that Liverpool fans will want to hear but it’s looking more and more likely that Benitez will stay at Anfield and the 4/6 available looks an attractive bet at this stage."

Liverpool FC betting - Rafael Benitez odds-on to remain Liverpool manager next season, latest odds from Sky Bet

What worries me about Purslow is that he's one step away from putting a trackie on himself and trying to coach the players. "Saves on paying for a new coach, and it can't be that hard, surely."

Maybe Rafa's one step away from putting the sharp suit on and trying to MD the club. "Saves on paying for a new MD, and it can't be that hard, for sure."

Jim you are probably right about purslow in that respect - but the results on the pitch make things a whole lot easier for him to do that. It's clear there is a power struggle between the two of them, but there's only ever one person who's winning that argument when the results are poor. But everywhere rafa has worked, he has turned his working relationships sour. There is enough shit at our club without the playing side contributing to it. The ownership is what it is, we need someone who can work with the situation we have and not allow what is happening upstairs infect the team. If you listen to rafa all our problems begin an end with cash. Yet the mongs down the road have less to spend, their owners are fucking them every bit as badly a ours, they lost their bes player last year and there'll spend fuck all again this summer. Yet the purple nosed twat doesn't let anyone see the issues behind the scenes. I'm sure he's not happy, but he's not letting it infect his team, he's not letting his players have an excuse and he's not looking for one himself. Yes they've gone backwards because of the loss of ronaldo, but not like what's happened at our club.

Jim you are probably right about purslow in that respect - but the results on the pitch make things a whole lot easier for him to do that. It's clear there is a power struggle between the two of them, but there's only ever one person who's winning that argument when the results are poor. But everywhere rafa has worked, he has turned his working relationships sour. There is enough shit at our club without the playing side contributing to it. The ownership is what it is, we need someone who can work with the situation we have and not allow what is happening upstairs infect the team. If you listen to rafa all our problems begin an end with cash. Yet the mongs down the road have less to spend, their owners are fucking them every bit as badly a ours, they lost their bes player last year and there'll spend fuck all again this summer. Yet the purple nosed twat doesn't let anyone see the issues behind the scenes. I'm sure he's not happy, but he's not letting it infect his team, he's not letting his players have an excuse and he's not looking for one himself. Yes they've gone backwards because of the loss of ronaldo, but not like what's happened at our club.

So what you are saying is that Ferguson is happy to see the club being fucked over and tow the line for the Glazers as long as he's getting paid?

So what you are saying is that Ferguson is happy to see the club being fucked over and tow the line for the Glazers as long as he's getting paid?

what I'm saying is he will be as pissed of if not more so than benitez, but he doesn't let it impact the team, he doesn't bitch to the press and he doesn't "work" with the owners when it comes to getting his contract sorted, but can't work with them the rest of the time. It was clear from my post, if you want to act the cunt, carry on.

Take a bow, got it in one.

Work with what you have got, make the best of it, try to punch above your weight, see where it takes you.

I don't think Rafa is capable of doing that anymore, that is why I want him gone, not because he has not won us the title.

. Yet the mongs down the road have less to spend, their owners are fucking them every bit as badly a ours, they lost their bes player last year and there'll spend fuck all again this summer. Yet the purple nosed twat doesn't let anyone see the issues behind the scenes. I'm sure he's not happy, but he's not letting it infect his team, he's not letting his players have an excuse and he's not looking for one himself. Yes they've gone backwards because of the loss of ronaldo, but not like what's happened at our club.

FERGIE TELLS FANS: GO SUPPORT CHELSEA

United boss in airport bust-up

FURIOUS Sir Alex Ferguson told a group of Manchester United fans who confronted him over the Malcolm Glazer takeover: "If you don't like it, go and watch Chelsea".

Fergie became embroiled in an amazing row with the supporters just minutes after United touched down in Budapest for the second leg of tonight's Champions League qualifier with Debrecen.

The fans accused Fergie of "selling out" over Glazer's £790million takeover and demanded to know why the United boss had not been more vocal in opposing the buy-out.

According to the United fans website redissue.co.uk, a supporter confronted chief executive David Gill then turned his attention to Ferguson.

The fan said: "You've f***** us over too, you could've spoken out about it."

Sir Alex replied: "I've got close friends who've been working with me here for 15 years. They come first in all of this."

Fan: "So don't the fans come first?"

Fergie: "Well I suppose they do come somewhere."

Fan: "You what? That's well out of order."

Sir Alex: "If you don't like it, go and watch Chelsea."

Fan: "The fans have been screwed right over. It costs me over £20 a game as it is."

Sir Alex: "It costs more than that at Chelsea - go and watch them."

Ferguson also told the fans they should have taken their chance to buy the club back in 1991, when it floated on the Stock Market and became a plc.

FERGIE TELLS FANS: GO SUPPORT CHELSEA - MUST - the independent Manchester United supporters' trust

Sir Alex Fergusontoday launched a forthright defence of the policies of the Manchester United owners, the Glazer family, and insisted that the club's spiralling debt had no bearing on his refusal to enter the transfer market during the January window.

The United manager was adamant he had money to spend if he so wished and said the club's plans to raise £600m via a bond issue to help tackle their £699m debt were a positive development that would strengthen the financial position.

"The bond issue is a good thing for the club; I think anything that helps with repayment of debt is a good thing," he said. "There is debt there but it has never interrupted my plans for the team at any stage. I don't have any concerns about the financial situation. I have absolutely no issue at all with the club's finances and I am really confident about that."

He added that his day-to-day running of the club had not been impaired by Old Trafford's burden of debt, which has increased from £540m in 2005, the year the Glazer family took control from the old plc. In the year up to June 2008 United paid £69m in interest alone.

Despite widespread scepticism, Ferguson maintained that the £81m United will receive for the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid last summer is still available to him.

"No, believe me, there is no impact," he said. "I have all the money I need; the money is available. If I wanted to buy someone, I could get the money. The concerns are down to the fact that I have not moved in the transfer market but that is nothing to do with the Glazers, it is simply because I am not going to pay £50m for a striker who is not worth it."

Sir Alex Ferguson says Glazer debt has not tied his hands | Football | The Guardian

Glazers spend all the money on debt. They tell Gill, or Gill finds out, whichever way it works out. So Gill tells Ferguson, just tells him straight. Ferguson gets pissed off with it, but a few smashed gin bottles later and he's come to terms with it. And he knows Gill has told him the truth about it. He knows it's unavoidable the way his club is now structured. And so he and Gill agree to stick together about it. "We didn't want any new players anyway".

G&H spend all the money on debt. They tell Purslow. Purslow doesn't tell Rafa. Purslow says one thing at the start of the summer, then does another over the course of the summer. Rafa obviously works this out as the summer goes on. Purslow then tells the press there was money, £20m of it.

If Purslow had sat with Rafa last summer and told him that the owners had spent all the money on paying off debt, had let Rafa smash his red wine bottles and had then agreed with Rafa they would come clean about it (but maybe with a cover story that suggested they both agreed it was good for the club's long-term future to tighten its belt) I honestly think last season would have been different from the off, and different for the better.

It might not have been enough, but it might have been the difference between fourth and seventh.

Rafa even spoke about understanding the need to "balance the books", it was an ideal opportunity to show that those who were here every day were accepting that times were shit and we had to make do.

According to reports ahead of his visit to Broughton his only financial demand was that he gets to reinvest whatever he makes from sales. Hardly asking for a fortune really, surely it's not too much to ask.

Say United had sold Ronaldo last season and told Ferguson he could have all the money from that sale. He lined up some targets to spend it all on, then his CEO told him at the last minute that this wasn't the case at all, he couldn't have the money after all. Ferguson would have blown his top completely. (Even though he was in less need of the money than we were.) But then, if that's not bad enough, and just as he'd accepted it, his CEO went to the press and said they'd actually spent £20m net and Ferguson had been given all the targets he'd asked for. Can you imagine the fallout?

This is the Ferguson who won't talk to some TV stations because of old grudges he holds with them, the Ferguson who just refuses to speak at all or dictates what he'll answer questions on. If he ever thought his CEO was stitching him up behind his back we'd know about it, and we'd know about it fast.

If Purslow had been the Manc CEO and had acted the way he has for us Ferguson would have had him hung out to dry a long time ago, and he'd have had nobody trying to stop him from doing it.

So you think he did not want all the Ronaldo money to re-invest the squad?

Whatever the ins and outs, the fact still is that he managed to get a squad which was weaker this season than last to fight for the title, whilst we crashed from 2nd to 7th after upgrading our full back and losing one midfielder.

The fact also is that Ferguson did not feel the need to constantly bang on about money at every turn and blaming lack of it for every failure on the pitch.

Does that make him any less of a cunt? No

However, I still wish our manager would just get on with the job instead of constantly getting involved in things through the media. If he feels he is not getting what he should, he can always resign.

So you think he did not want all the Ronaldo money to re-invest the squad?

Whatever the ins and outs, the fact still is that he managed to get a squad which was weaker this season than last to fight for the title, whilst we crashed from 2nd to 7th after upgrading our full back and losing one midfielder.

The fact also is that Ferguson did not feel the need to constantly bang on about money at every turn and blaming lack of it for every failure on the pitch.

Does that make him any less of a cunt? No

However, I still wish our manager would just get on with the job instead of constantly getting involved in things through the media. If he feels he is not getting what he should, he can always resign.

He had the money. He chose not to spend it, so he can hardly bang on about it can he? His decision cost them the League. (thank fuck!)

I know at the start of the season the mancs signed Valencia for £20m plus as the season progressed they have signed two youngsters for a combined fee of about £20 so like Piscinin posted that £40m of the fee gone there.