You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benítez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, dunno how Rafa would get on with the sponsors though. Plus he doesn't need a desk job, he needs exercise.

He needs more than fucking exercise, he needs to get a self help book on how tactics work in the fucking premiership.

Mind you he's got the talking bullshit for the press down to a fine fucking art now.

He needs more than fucking exercise, he needs to get a self help book on how tactics work in the fucking premiership.

Mind you he's got the talking bullshit for the press down to a fine fucking art now.

Meeeeow!

Why would anyone do that?

We have not won anything for four years, we have not challenged for a cup for three years and we have just had our worst finish in the league for more than 10 years and the last couple of transfer windows clearly show Rafa and his much trusted chief scout are out of their depth in the market.

If people do not mind him staying on I can understand that, but people celebrating it thats just plain stupid and so far from reality its possible to be.

Weren't we 20 mins away from being in another European Final this season.. Is that not classed as a challenge?

But it is perfectly valid. The reason people want rid of him so badly is because they have lost all faith that he will win us the league. So the next guy that comes in will be loaded with the expectation that he will win us the league until it becomes clear he isn't. Its a cycle we have been in for 20 years.

If you want to explain how thats postal I'll be happy to read it. I have maintained on here for a while now that don't have faith in Rafa anymore. But I genuinely don't see how any manager in world football can do any better at this club at this point in time. And while that situation stays the same people are burying their heads in the sand worrying about the manager when there is a bigger problem. There are so many people here who are so against Rafa they think just replacing him will solve a lot of problems. It simply wont.

Serious question. Do you read the posts on here or do you kind of speed read them? If you read them you will find a large portion of posters want Rafa gone for many reasons other than the fact that they believe he wont win us the league.

I think we all understand that the Yanks are the real problem but IMO a new manager would probably have us playing better footbal with the current squad than Rafa and I just can't trust Rafa in the transfer market any more.

If I had a wish granted it would be the leeches and Rafa gone- it's not going to happen though.

Serious question. Do you read the posts on here or do you kind of speed read them? If you read them you will find a large portion of posters want Rafa gone for many reasons other than the fact that they believe he wont win us the league.

I think we all understand that the Yanks are the real problem but IMO a new manager would probably have us playing better footbal with the current squad than Rafa and I just can't trust Rafa in the transfer market any more.

If I had a wish granted it would be the leeches and Rafa gone- it's not going to happen though.

Which is pretty much what he has said, If you had bothered to read his posts!

Which is pretty much what he has said, If you had bothered to read his posts!

NO it's not IMO.

"But it is perfectly valid. The reason people want rid of him so badly is because they have lost all faith that he will win us the league. So the next guy that comes in will be loaded with the expectation that he will win us the league until it becomes clear he isn't. Its a cycle we have been in for 20 years.

If you want to explain how thats postal I'll be happy to read it. I have maintained on here for a while now that don't have faith in Rafa anymore. But I genuinely don't see how any manager in world football can do any better at this club at this point in time. And while that situation stays the same people are burying their heads in the sand worrying about the manager when there is a bigger problem. There are so many people here who are so against Rafa they think just replacing him will solve a lot of problems. It simply wont."

IMO many people are tired of the politics and would just like us playing better football than we are under Rafa and challenging for a top four place. Many people understand the problem of the Yanks but would like a clear out which includes Rafa also they're certainly ( in this forum's case) not burying their heads in the sand about the bigger picture.

Guest PurpleNose
Rafa Benitez: "I know Mourinho has dreamed a lot of coaching Real Madrid but I do not know if he is the right person to train Madrid"

Some might say that you are not the right person to coach Liverpool Rafa.

Some might say it was a just a petty retort to Shitcoat's petty comments.

NO it's not IMO.

IMO many people are tired of the politics and would just like us playing better football than we are under Rafa and challenging for a top four place. Many people understand the problem of the Yanks but would like a clear out which includes Rafa also they're certainly ( in this forum's case) not burying their heads in the sand about the bigger picture.

Can't argue with a 'IMO'.

This is the worst it has been in my lifetime, my Uncle's were around during the second division years and laugh quite a lot at my whinging!

I think have been in far worse straights on the pitch during Souness, Evans and Ged, I think the actual football Club is in a health position.

But off it, we have a couple of crooks who are going to bleed us dry until they get they're money. The irony is, that they do not deserve to make any money out of this and the only way that will happen is if we suffer as a club!

It's a fucking horrible, frustrating position to be in and that is why I think Fans are so uptight.