You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benítez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

£110,000 a day, £770,000 a week, 3,300,000 a month and £39,600,000 a year. That's two quality signings a year only in interest. Still some people seem to consider Rafa our biggest worry. Unbelievable.

I dont think anyone thinks he is our biggest worry. i think most of us are concerned that with the likes of reina, johnson, carra, agger, gerrard, mascherano and torres at his disposal plus another batch of expensive purchases like aqualani, kuyt, babel, bennyhill, skrtl, etc he could only finish 7th

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£110,000 a day, £770,000 a week, 3,300,000 a month and £39,600,000 a year. That's two quality signings a year only in interest. Still some people seem to consider Rafa our biggest worry. Unbelievable.

Oh do shut up. Where has anyone said that?

The owners are our BIGGEST worry. There's no two ways about it. But there are other worries that need sorting out too. And Rafa is one of them, in many peoples opinion.

The owners are our BIGGEST worry. There's no two ways about it. But there are other worries that need sorting out too. And Rafa is one of them, in many peoples opinion.

Fine. You "sort out" Rafa now, get in either a temporary dude, no real improvement, or a mediocre dude, no real improvement. Sorted out, right. The people who make decisions have made a rational choice, either Rafa resigns, we get in a temporary dude, no payment, or he stays until the new owners get to have a say, no payment, unless the new owners say so.

It's a simple situation, it can only be sorted out properly once the owners are sorted out.

Rafa or Yanks

Rafa or Yanks

Rafa or Yanks

blah, blah, blah.

Just keep saying it, and maybe one day it will become this simple. Then again, maybe not.

Boring as fuck.

Aye its all getting tiresome now. Nothing ever goes smoothly at Liverpool Football Club. Everything has to be done the hard way.

Most definently, I think the day the 2 cunts sell up everyone should get absolutely hammered and have a massive drunken posting day.

Cain spot on.

I and I do not think I am alone in this but some of us have taken issue with the Rafa out camp and try to counter it with the owners out first but really lads look at the picture they all need to go.

Fucken hate having to face up to facts but the over all picture means that Rafa like the owners needs to go.

I never expected him to win the league but I think I have like all on here the right to expect a team that plays football and goes out every game to win.

So this bollocks of an excuse needs to be nipped in the bud for the good of this forum.

Every single red on this site wants rid of the owners. Some are split on Rafa and I was until I seen what has been served up this season, not good enough.

I am pissed as fuck and getting off to bed but more than any time in the history of Liverpool Football Club we need to stand together.

Maybe just remember that.

Going to go on but fuck it bed looks good.

This whole argument over the manager is something i just cant fixate on for any great length of time these days. Especially since i viewed the dismal state of those club accounts it's hard to think about anything else when discussing this club now.

Managers come and go, players come and go but never have they or will they threaten the very existence of a club in the manner in which Hicks and Gillett are doing now.

Everything else pales into comparison when looking at how much money the club is losing on a daily basis and hearing the financial experts predictions of administration due to a totally insolvent situation.

Part of me wishes Benitez leaves just purely because his mere presence causes the perfect distraction for the leeches as they siphon off more and more of OUR money. They've been dismantling an institution and everything it stands for these last 3 years and all without much of a response.

This is the perfect quote right now -

One Corinthians fan told me a few weeks ago that 'the badge is everything, the team are just a temporary representation of that badge. If you don't understand that, you get what you deserve'.

Inter Milan are ready to solve the biggest problem facing Liverpool by taking Rafa Benitez off their hands. Reports in the UK and Italian press are claiming not only that Inter want Benitez to replace Jose Mourinho but have in fact already had talks with the Anfield boss.

Benitez’s future has been up in the air for months now and for a while it did appear that he was Juventus bound, that however is no longer the case and it now looks as if Benitez is on his way to Milan now that the Inter board have finally accepted that Mourinho will not be their manager next season.

Inter are not prepared to have a period of time without a manager and it is now clear that they have targeted Benitez as their preferred choice to replace the “special one” and that will be music to the ears of some of the Anfield faithful, if not the majority.

The Liverpool board will also be happy, not only will they have to avoid paying compensation in order to terminate Benitez’s employment, they will in fact be the ones receiving it and from a financial point of view it is just the solution they have been looking for.

Everything will probably come to a head after the Champions League final next week.

Liverpool are playing thr fraud at his own game and waiting. The fat fraud wont resgn because he know's he's due 16 million quid. The club have given him no assurances in the two meetings he has had with Broughton and purslow. His days are numbered

Inter Milan are ready to solve the biggest problem facing Liverpool by taking Rafa Benitez off their hands. Reports in the UK and Italian press are claiming not only that Inter want Benitez to replace Jose Mourinho but have in fact already had talks with the Anfield boss.

Benitez’s future has been up in the air for months now and for a while it did appear that he was Juventus bound, that however is no longer the case and it now looks as if Benitez is on his way to Milan now that the Inter board have finally accepted that Mourinho will not be their manager next season.

Inter are not prepared to have a period of time without a manager and it is now clear that they have targeted Benitez as their preferred choice to replace the “special one” and that will be music to the ears of some of the Anfield faithful, if not the majority.

The Liverpool board will also be happy, not only will they have to avoid paying compensation in order to terminate Benitez’s employment, they will in fact be the ones receiving it and from a financial point of view it is just the solution they have been looking for.

Everything will probably come to a head after the Champions League final next week.

Liverpool are playing thr fraud at his own game and waiting. The fat fraud wont resgn because he know's he's due 16 million quid. The club have given him no assurances in the two meetings he has had with Broughton and purslow. His days are numbered

hopefully he'll go, and lets see if he achieves what Mourinho has as well, he won't though because he isn't as talented

2010-5-12 1:21:33

BELIEVE it or not, Diego Maradona may be the next coach of England's Liverpool Football Club.

The soccer legend inked a secret pact to cooperate with the Shanghai soccer tycoon Zhu Jun if the Chinese multi-millionaire successfully beats his rivals to own the Reds.

Maradona, the current manager of the Argentine national team and widely acknowledged as the best football player of all time, signed the cooperation deal with Zhu's representatives on Thursday morning in a hotel in Buenos Aires, Zhu confirmed to Sina.com yesterday.

But details of the deal were closely kept, the popular news Website portal said.

Zhu will send several senior officials of his Shanghai Shenhua Football Club, which competes in the China Super League, to Argentina again to meet with people from Maradona's side, the report added.

The dealings with Maradona came a week after reports that Zhu is angling to clinch a mega-deal of up to 800 million British pounds (US$1.18 billion) to buy the 118-year-old club.

Yet negotiations are still underway and no bottom-line offer has been made by the 44-year-old Zhu, founder of The9 Ltd, a top Chinese online gaming firms that is listed on the United States' Nasdaq stock market.

Unnamed insiders told the Website that the move would "help (Zhu) win the hearts of the England fans and gain leverage in the buying talks" and that Maradona's clout in the soccer world would help attract world-class players to the Reds if he became coach.

But some Chinese fans speculated that Zhu was simply seeking publicity and others questioned his finances. His assets have been shrinking since The9 last year lost China's dealership of World of Warcraft, one of the most popular online games.

Zhu ties Maradona to Reds bid -- Shanghai Daily | 上海日报 -- English Window to China New

typical bollox, G&H IS ARE BIGGEST PROBLEM

Sheep:wallbutt:

Yanks out. Absolutely; but in the interim we need a manager who can at least be able to build team spirit, instill a positive attitude and get the best out of what we have, i'm not asking for league challanges just a mindset that at least wants to win games. I honestly don't think that is too much to ask.

This whole argument over the manager is something i just cant fixate on for any great length of time these days. Especially since i viewed the dismal state of those club accounts it's hard to think about anything else when discussing this club now.

Managers come and go, players come and go but never have they or will they threaten the very existence of a club in the manner in which Hicks and Gillett are doing now.

Everything else pales into comparison when looking at how much money the club is losing on a daily basis and hearing the financial experts predictions of administration due to a totally insolvent situation.

Part of me wishes Benitez leaves just purely because his mere presence causes the perfect distraction for the leeches as they siphon off more and more of OUR money. They've been dismantling an institution and everything it stands for these last 3 years and all without much of a response.

This is the perfect quote right now -

Right on the button. 100% right.

Good post, repped.

Id have Alex Ferguson as manager if it meant new owners

That's nonsense logic though Nick, if you'll forgive me. It's not as if him buying us depends on who he puts in as manager. And anyway, I don't want just any new owners, I want new owners who have at least one intermittently firing brain cell. Anyone wanting to put a joke in as manager from the start hardly fits the bill. Loved Maradona as a footballer but as a manager he is a laughing stock.

That's nonsense logic though Nick, if you'll forgive me. It's not as if him buying us depends on who he puts in as manager. And anyway, I don't want just any new owners, I want new owners who have at least one intermittently firing brain cell. Anyone wanting to put a joke in as manager from the start hardly fits the bill. Loved Maradona as a footballer but as a manager he is a laughing stock.

Thats where we differ I could suffer Rafa, Marradonna, Moyes or Ferguson as manager next season if we get new owners.

The reality though is if we get new owners those 4 manager will be nowhere near this club next season.