You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Look who's is Feeling the pressure

sunny777

Sir Alex Ferguson is confident Liverpool will not "throw away their history" by standing aside for Chelsea at Anfield on Sunday.

Manchester United head into the penultimate weekend of the campaign knowing their last realistic chance of overhauling Carlo Ancelotti's side depends on Liverpool avoiding defeat this weekend.

Virgin Media Sport | Football | News Headlines | Football Headlines | Fergie: Liverpool won't 'lie down'

Any word for the Old Man......:whistle:

We'll probably get beat anyway and Slur will think we did it deliberately. Then he'll remember how bad we are at the moment and realise we probably didn't...

He can fuck off either way.

Have to Hear The Excuses He Gives For Not Winning The League

This is what pisses me off with ferguson and the laccie media who fawn over him.

He comes out with this shit, thinking it will spur us on. After all we dont want ferguson being right about us not trying, do we? So if we win, its down to ferguson spurring us on.

Conversely, if we do lose (and dont forget, we just played 120 minutes on Thursday while chelsea havent plus we looked shagged even before 90 minutes were up) good old 'fergie' was right as Liverpool didnt try very hard to win so stopped united getting number 19 and allowing chelsea the win to set them up for the title.

Its bullshit from start to finish. That old twat needs drowning in a vat of gin.

I almost want us to give up any slim chance of 4th and throw the game on sunday after reading his comments today, condescending prick with his "mind games".

That, coupled with the idea of Neville and Rooney watching the game on tv cheering us on, it really does make it difficult to want us to win doesn't it?

I think what Ferguson said was quite tame really, he didn't overly do all the faint praise as he probably wants to keep it as low key as possible. I think in his heart of hearts he knows we will lose on Sunday.

Rafa did himself no favours though with his petty ''What time do United play'' stuff. It may have been relevant last year but he sounds as twisted as Ferguson now whith shit like that.

What time the Mancs are kicking off means the square root of fuck all to us really.

That, coupled with the idea of Neville and Rooney watching the game on tv cheering us on, it really does make it difficult to want us to win doesn't it?

Yeah what was that line from rooney about the 2005 final? 'I laughed when the 3rd went in' wasnt it 'wazza'?

Will you be laughing on sunday you prize gimp?

Tell you what though. I will be out of that ground way before the final whistle whatever the result.

The thought of that fat headed grock big brave JT running off to the Chelsea fans at the end should they win is stomach churning with that stupid face he pulls with his mouth wide open with no top on is fucking sickening. I have a hatred for that twat that goes beyond football as he is a complete lowlife in every respect on and off the pitch.

Shit like the conundrum we face this weekend is enough to almost put you off football for good.

Tell you what though. I will be out of that ground way before the final whistle whatever the result.

The thought of that fat headed grock big brave JT running off to the Chelsea fans at the end should they win is stomach churning with that stupid face he pulls with his mouth wide open with no top on is fucking sickening. I have a hatred for that twat that goes beyond football as he is a complete lowlife in every respect on and off the pitch.

Shit like the conundrum we face this weekend is enough to almost put you off football for good.

Its called the ultimate nightmare scenario!

Guest Pistonbroke
drogba will get sent off

I reckon it will be one of our players if anybody. My money is on Mash.

I almost want us to give up any slim chance of 4th and throw the game on sunday after reading his comments today, condescending prick with his "mind games".

That's what did it for me. Listening to him patronise us on national news made my blood boil. Fuck him, I couldn't give a shite if we lose now (fourth place is a pipe dream anyway).

Jesus, I can't believe it's come to this.

ferguson is on a win-win, we get a result = he gets a result.

We don't get a result and he has a ready made excuse for only winning the Carling Cup this season.

Everyone is assuming that united will beat Sunderland and Chelsea and united will win their final games of course.

"If you want to beat Chelsea tomorrow, you are not a Liverpool fan".

If you want to beat Chelsea on Sunday, you are not a Liverpool fan | Manchester United - Times Online

Only one thing can save the season for Liverpool fans: defeat by Chelsea tomorrow. Any other result would open up the possibility of a summer of pain.

That statement will provoke the inevitable question: how can you say you are a Liverpool fan and want the team to lose? The opposite is true. No real Kopite could want to beat Chelsea. Victory for the home side at Anfield would probably deliver the title to Manchester United. It is hard to see Sunderland getting a result if Chelsea fall flat.

The antagonism between Liverpool and United is well documented and handing the trophy to Old Trafford is bad enough. But there are bigger forces at work. Sir Alex Ferguson, piling on the pressure in typical style, said: “Great clubs don’t throw their history and traditions away for one game.”

He is right. For once, his logic is spot-on. If Liverpool lose, only three points are at stake. A defeat will soon be forgotten at Anfield. If, however, the result goes the other way, it will probably hand United two unprecedented achievements. It will be Old Trafford’s nineteenth title and the fourth league win in a row. Liverpool, left on 18 titles and one of four clubs to have won three in a row, would fall behind their rivals on two fronts.

For United it would be an historic moment, one to savour. Liverpool’s claim to be English football’s enduring force would be, for want of a better phrase, history. Until United edge ahead, it is still the history, especially when the five European Cups are taken into account.

Which brings us to Europe. The club certainly need the Champions League income. However, the proposition would be more attractive if Liverpool’s ownership and boardroom were not so destructively erratic. If Uefa’s cash props up George Gillett Jr, Tom Hicks and the rancid regime at Anfield then Europe can keep it. Defeat could force Martin Broughton, the new chairman charged with selling the club, to ask a more realistic price than the £500 million that potential buyers are being quoted.

Some will ask what of the rivalry with Chelsea? What rivalry? Fans of the West London club are desperate to hate Liverpool, but it does not work in reverse. Chelsea are inconsequential — think Nottingham Forest in the late 1970s. The antipathy is all one way.

It is not the same with United. The East Lancs Road rivalry is deep-seated and venomous. It comprises the sort of mutual loathing that gives the elation of victory an extra edge and the despair of defeat a greater depth. Agony for United fans tomorrow would be a delicious little sweetener after a bitter season.

By contrast, losing at Anfield would cause Liverpool little consternation. The best thing that could happen is a Chelsea victory.

If you do not understand this, you do not understand the history and traditions of the club and the city.

If you want to beat Chelsea tomorrow, you are not a Liverpool supporter.

Edited by Hermes