You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm a Rafa fan...

Josef Svejk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as long as its not Rafa doing the signing, I agree with him.

I wouldn't mind him going out and spending big, that's not going to happen though, which means it'll be another season of average players being shipped out only to be replaced by some other average players, if we're really lucky we may get a new Degen or Voronin. God I hope that bald pikey kid turns out to be as good as some on here are making him out to be.

I wouldn't mind him going out and spending big, that's not going to happen though, which means it'll be another season of average players being shipped out only to be replaced by some other average players, if we're really lucky we may get a new Degen or Voronin. God I hope that bald pikey kid turns out to be as good as some on here are making him out to be.

I struggle with this 'give him lots of money for a season' stance myself. I guess my problem is more to do with his football philosophy than his Market successes or failures. His ultra caution doesn't wash for me.

Dignity?! Not from this man: "With speculation rife in Italy that Benítez is close to accepting an offer to join Juventus this summer, the Liverpool manager again refused to commit his future to Anfield. "The future is Chelsea now," he said. "Then Hull."

He wont walk, he wont admit mistakes, he pissed us about in the past when he was flirting with other clubs, he is now..

... and have been all along.

But, if he had any dignity, he'd quit...

What difference would that make with the current owners still here?

I think he deserves a chance to recover from this season with a decent board and a transfer fee. IF he doesn't deliver next season he has to go.

Guest PurpleNose
Dignity?! Not from this man: "With speculation rife in Italy that Benítez is close to accepting an offer to join Juventus this summer, the Liverpool manager again refused to commit his future to Anfield. "The future is Chelsea now," he said. "Then Hull."

He wont walk, he wont admit mistakes, he pissed us about in the past when he was flirting with other clubs, he is now..

You're slightly misquoting him, or at least being misleading. It was actually a moderately funny retort from Rafa.

What do you actually want him to say when asked about his future?

"I'm off to Juventus you cunt faces"

"I'm definately staying for another 14 years"

He can't win in the press, and frankly, its not that important.

... and have been all along.

But, if he had any dignity, he'd quit...

Was thinking the same myself. Obviously his working conditions hasn't been the best the last few years, but still he's really messed things up by himself. Why he keeps holding on I just don't understand.

Was thinking the same myself. Obviously his working conditions hasn't been the best the last few years, but still he's really messed things up by himself. Why he keeps holding on I just don't understand.

Maybe he loves the club and wants to take it back to where it belongs

Or (to keep the conversation equal) he just wants to get paid off.

Oh my God! We still have fans who think this?

The Leeches have nothing to do with the situation?

I despair.

His youngest daughter has a Scouse accent so not only should he stay, he should get a new(er) contract for 10 million a month. He loves us and we love him.

Those fucking Yanks are totally to blame, even before they came it was their fault. Bastards.

Remember what the song says ' hoe de head a pie ' we are Liverpool.

* The above may or may not represent my sentiments. Depending on my mood *

Is there anyone still backing him ?? I can think of a couple of people but they go awol after a bad result. Had we won last night and Aquilani got the crucial goal said posters would have been all over the forum like flys around shit.

The opposite is also true.

We'll forever be grateful for Rafa for doing what the previous 3 managers failed to - restoring us to the top of the European game. But this season he's gone backwards and has seen as once again become a joke in Europe and at home. Sorry Rafa but you only get so many chances at a top club and you've spent them all. Now please go before you drag us down any further.

If not thinking that Rafa Benitez is THE biggest problem we have at the moment,means that by default, backing him, then yes I am.

I've said til I'm blue in the face, he is not our biggest problem we have.

Get rid of our owners first, then everything else will sort itself out.

If he does leave I'm worried shitless we'd really fuck it up, but I'm sorry to all those who are happy with Martin O'Neil/McLeish etal, being linked with our club, but the only time they should be within a hundred feet of my beloved club is when their teams play us. Not fucking good enough.

Owners out first please, then dissect everything else.

If not thinking that Rafa Benitez is THE biggest problem we have at the moment, by default backing him, then yes I am.

If he does leave I'm worried shitless we'd really fuck it up, but I'm sorry to all those who are happy with Martin O'Neil/McLeish etal, being linked with our club, but the only time they should be within a hundred feet of my beloved club is when their teams play us. Not fucking good enough.

Yep agree with that mate, owners have to go before the management changes.

Guest Pistonbroke
If not thinking that Rafa Benitez is THE biggest problem we have at the moment,means that by default, backing him, then yes I am.

For the club the yanks are cancer and will be gone as soon as somebody is willing to invest. Might take a bit of time but they'll go.

Our main problem on the pitch is Rafa, he also has to go.

Is there anyone still backing him ?? I can think of a couple of people but they go awol after a bad result. Had we won last night and Aquilani got the crucial goal said posters would have been all over the forum like flys around shit.

I am. But if there's no new owners and 40-60m to spend in the summer, he might as well go, because we're finished as contenders. We might as well get in O'Neil or some other C lister, becuase we're only heading one way.

Simao, Alves, Silva, Villa, Barry, Tevez. If we hadn't had Parry fucking around and Hicks and Gilette sucking us dry, we'd have a fantastic first X1. People going apeshit about El Zhar last night, what the fuck is he supposed to do when we've spent less than Everton and Fulham for 3 transfer windows, and another one looming.

I feel sorry for him. He drives me fucking mad with some team selections, cautiousness and subs, and his pig headedness with players like Alonso (and Reira to an extent) but any momentum he had, and we had as a club went when Hick and Gilette began to rape us. A few more quid, we could have held on to Bellamy, to Crouch. But he's been robbing Peter to pay Paul for transfers, working on a budget of sweet fuck all, while the cunts stuffed the fans money down their fat cowboy pants.