You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benitez fate should be sealed tonight

Mitch

Guest Pistonbroke
They're much like politicians football managers aren't they? And by that i mean full of shit. So he decided to stay because of the fans hey. The clear inference being he wanted to leave but stayed for the fans. Yeah OK. And before the usual suspects get on my case this is broadly aimed at most managers and players alike; they expect you to swallow any old yarbles.

Most are happy to take the money and say the right things at the time. But as many ex players have proven over the fight against the Yanks, they care little afterwards it seems. I refuse to swallow the self pitying lines about doing it all for the fans, if that were the case he wouldn't have haggled as he did over his new contract.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most are happy to take the money and say the right things at the time. But as many ex players have proven over the fight against the Yanks, they care little afterwards it seems. I refuse to swallow the self pitying lines about doing it all for the fans, if that were the case he wouldn't have haggled as he did over his new contract.

They're all the same mate, they think you're stupid.

They're all looking out for no.1 maybe? Just lke the rest of us. Granted the figures are much larger than those we're used to, but we do the same with our employers as well, I doubt many of us would resign and forfeit our severance payments when we're facing the sack. I don't doubt that many of our players and our manager do have an affinity towards our club, I just don't expect them to put the fans and the club's interests before their own.

They're all looking out for no.1 maybe? Just lke the rest of us. Granted the figures are much larger than those we're used to, but we do the same with our employers as well, I doubt many of us would resign and forfeit our severance payments when we're facing the sack. I don't doubt that many of our players and our manager do have an affinity towards our club, I just don't expect them to put the fans and the club's interests before their own.

Nor do i, i don't blame him at all. But i wouldn't bullshit about it.