You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How would everyone feel if we win tonight and Rafa ran to the cop pointing to the fans and showing some emotion?

I'm not defending him as I think he can be a complete cock but everyone would be blowing smoke out of Rafas arse if he showed passion like that. He won't though he will give a quick wave and walk down the tunnel.

As it stands I don't see moron coming here and I don't see Rafa leaving so another dead end thread on the matter.

Why would Rafa want to celebrate with the bizzies??

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he would be a great manager for us, look what he did to Chelsea,

But nothing against Rafa, we have been ravaged by injuries and it didnt help losing xabi and then signing an injured Aquiliani, anyway i would be happy to have Mourinho at the club as he may attract more signings after making the Champions league final with Inter

Guest PurpleNose
How funny would it be seeing Rafa do something like this. Hahaha what was Valdes doing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQVU-Wb2xTU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQVU-Wb2xTU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Not a great effort from Valdes. I'm happy in the knowledge that Pepe would have knocked that hideous twat clean out.

Congratulations to Inter. A fine display of diving, cheating, time wasting, play acting, and cynicism. A win for Anti-Football.

All season the majority of our fans, both Pro Benitez and Anti-Benitez, have rightly complained about style of football. Why the fuck would any of you want this absolute tool to take over and make it even worse?

Not a great effort from Valdes. I'm happy in the knowledge that Pepe would have knocked that hideous twat clean out.

Congratulations to Inter. A fine display of diving, cheating, time wasting, play acting, and cynicism. A win for Anti-Football.

All season the majority of our fans, both Pro Benitez and Anti-Benitez, have rightly complained about style of football. Why the fuck would any of you want this absolute tool to take over and make it even worse?

Dedicate my 1000 post to totally agreeing with you, 100%, without any doubt.

As bad as things are, we d'ont need this prat adding to the embarrassment.

Guest The Chimp
He's immense

He's an immense twat . . . . . but he does get results. I can't stand him, but you've simply got to respect his record (if not the gargantuan uber twunt himself). I've said it here before, all this "he's had the money to spend"; "he only goes where you can guarantee success" is actually a testament to his own-self confidence and to his belief in his own ability in my eyes. You go to clubs like that and anything other than first place is unacceptable - which in itself must bring its own kind of pressure. Also, why does he get the top jobs? It must be because of his track record? There's been many a manager gone to big clubs with big budgets - favourites - and failed miserably (on my third glass of Cav. Sav. so "getting there" - you'll have to do the research yourself, I can't be arsed). I'm certainly not a fan of the man, but as a manager, as much as it might pain some of us to admit it (me included), he's right up there.

You cant argue with what he has achieved. He could potentially have won the league in 3 different countries and the champions league with 2 clubs. Thats a fantastic achievement even for a cunt.

I think a lot of the showpiece stuff takes the pressure off his teams because all the media focus is about him. This worked superbly at Chelsea and he continues to do it.

If Rafa ran across the pitch last night and celebrated in front of us we'd be loving him for it.

I see no problem with what he did.

He wont be coming here anyway. Who the fuck would want to. Maybe Alex McLeish.

I think he would seriously consider it:

- He wants to leave Seria A.

- I think our side is better than Inters.

- He gets to have Reina, Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres - four of the best players in the world.

- He wants to come back to the Premiership.

- He always says good things about our club.

- Think he'd love to win us the title after 20 years of hurt.

Not saying he will come, but I think we have lots of selling points to tempt him.

Sorry mate, he'll go to Madrid, where the weather is better, the money is more free and he can continue to win.

i think even entertaining the notion he'd come to us is head in sand time.

If Rafa ran across the pitch last night and celebrated in front of us we'd be loving him for it.

Haha do you think so. You don't think there'd be any comments of "how embarrassing was seeing our manager celebrating getting to the Europa fucking league final"?

Haha do you think so. You don't think there'd be any comments of "how embarrassing was seeing our manager celebrating getting to the Europa fucking league final"?

It would be embarassing alright, but mostly because of his lack of pace. Fat people run slowly (word on the street).

Last season when Rafa was asked to congratulate Ferguson and declined, instead congratulating United there was a thread questioning the 'class' of Rafa in not doing so, and there was lots of posters, currently salivating over the Time Bandit, who were insistant upon Rafa's lack of class!

That Inter Milan performance, from a defensive point of view was superb (incidently it was also superb against us in 2008, again down to ten men, but for two last minute goals), but it was no different to what Rafa or Hiddink have done recently.

Obviously not for the Europa Cup. A ten second jig of joy on the centre circle tonight will suffice.

If Rafa was to go there are only 3 people I would seriously want to be on my list:

Mourinho

Wenger

Guardiola

Guardiola and Wenger, mainly for the quality of the football. But at the end of the day they’d be shit house choices mainly because I’m saying them only for the fact that the quality of the football being played would compensate for not winning things (it would be much more satisfying than not winning whilst watching ‘chess match’ football like we are seeing now).

I don’t think Wenger would manage another English team anyway, and he’s as stubborn as Rafa in certain departments anyway.

Equally, how much of Guardiola’s success has been down to the players he inherited and the style of football that is expected of Barcelona dictating his management and playing style? I think there’s potential for either complete success or total failure if he moved elsewhere, so he would be bit more of a risk.

Thus, Mourinho is the one for me.

I acknowledge the ‘cunt’ aspect of him. But the fact is that he is a winner, and I think that’s his objective. And credit to the man for doing anything and everything in his power to make it happen. He knows how to motivate his players, he knows how to get in the faces of the opposition, every trick in the book.

WINNING and the ability and desire to WIN is the best ‘tactic’ of them all.

I don’t think Alex Ferguson is a tactical genius by any stretch of the imagination at all. I just think he is a man who instills a winning mentality into his players and that’s why they’ve been so fucking successful for so long.

No matter how great or how shit United are playing, the fact is that when they need to they attack with 10 men at the end of games and get results more often than not. If 10 men are attacking against you, you aren’t in a position to win a game, simple as. It’s all about a fear factor. And that mentality is what makes United what they are. Not bland, safety first, rigid, methodical, counter attacking, underdog football.

For me, Mourinho is capable of that.

I don’t think Rafa is capable of that, I certainly don’t feel it when I hear him speak, and I don’t see it in his substitutions or when we’re behind in games. Tactics and training and physical strength and fitness win games of football, but there’s an extra 20% needed from sheer mental strength and a winning psychology that wins trophies season in season out.

I may be fantasising slightly, but I believe Mourinho has proved what he can do and at the end of the day you have to wonder what he’s getting out of it at the likes of Chelsea, Porto and Inter Milan. I believe managing Liverpool is the job he really wants, and he would be capable and would want to do it even without the finances and transfer funds he could obtain elsewhere.

I think he’s ready, and would only ever be truly satisfied, if he was given a job at a ‘proper club’. He never had the ‘Kop’ at Chelsea. Inter are a great club but I don’t think the romance is there in Italian football. Real Madrid are another ‘proper’ club but I think the politics there is an issue.

United are in the same category as us, but in all honesty, if you had an ego like his would you rather manage the team that is ‘desperate’ to restore its true glory and be the orchestrator of the new bastion, or take the easy route and move somewhere and follow an established winning machine built by Alex Ferguson and never get the credit.

I believe Mourinho, if he wants to go down in history as an all time great, would like to be a Shankly-esque figure and build a legacy proper, thus Liverpool is made for him, and at the present time, Mourinho is made for Liverpool.

I think he knows he couldn’t carry on like he has done in the past and get away with it here, but I think he’s smart enough to know how to get the fans on his side and prove who he really is.

I’ve said it before, if he came here, his first press conference would be monumental.