You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Some people get him and some dont.

If you dont get him you are the type of person I love because you are obviously wound up far too easily.

Yes the South Central ambulance services are way too wound up. fancy taking offence to claims they endangered the life of a man they treated with expert care & attention.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so wanting rid of our manager is not about our shit football, it's about us not winning the league?

You see I just thought it wasn't, because of the untold thousands of posts on here claiming we should fuck Benitez off because of the shit football we play.

So because of one poster it can't be the case???

So because of one poster it can't be the case???

Start a poll league or great football, see what the outcome is.

And for every one person that says good football there'll be ten that say the league.

But that isn't reflected in the attacks on the manager, with us playing shite football one of the biggest sticks used to beat him with.

It's utter hypocrisy.

At least in Brendan's case he was honest, despite his sarcastic attitude.

Yes the South Central ambulance services are way too wound up. fancy taking offence to claims they endangered the life of a man they treated with expert care & attention.

He wasnt our boss then.

Cech isnt our player.

South Central ambulance service isnt my local ambulance service.

arsed? Not a bit.

Guest PurpleNose

He's definately a cunt. Don't understand some people's assertion that he'd win us the league so we wouldn't care he's a cunt. Whether people would or not, I couldn't see him winning us the league. Certainly not under the same conditions/constraints our manager has worked with in the last six years, especially the last two.

He has never won a league title in a decent league without having the greatest resources.

What makes people think he will now?

I also dislike the fact he doesn't give a fuck about the long term stability, or growth, of a football club. He doesn't care about youth systems, he'll spend money for the sake of it if he can, and he doesn't create any sense of footballing philosophy. He cares only for the short term, or rather, the time he's at the club. Doubt he'd bat an eyelid if Porto and Chelsea went into administration.

And for every one person that says good football there'll be ten that say the league.

But that isn't reflected in the attacks on the manager, with us playing shite football one of the biggest sticks used to beat him with.

It's utter hypocrisy.

Will there be an option for those of us who want both?

Guest PurpleNose
Rafa wouldnt win the league with Real so I doubt he'd do it with City and Chelsea.

He's won La Liga with an inferior squad than Real Madrid's so I've no idea how you've come to that conclusion.

He wasnt our boss then.

Cech isnt our player.

South Central ambulance service isnt my local ambulance service.

arsed? Not a bit.

How is that relevant to what you said:

Some people get him and some dont.

If you dont get him you are the type of person I love because you are obviously wound up far too easily.

The man is a cunt for saying it's immaterial where he said it.

Guest PurpleNose
You think Barca would have behaved any different if they had been in Inter's position. Sorry but it's the name of the game in Europe and has crept into the prem over the last few years.

Yes I do. The entire philosophy of that club is diometrically opposed to Shitcoat and his antics.

Certainly has, Mourinho helped.

It's utter hypocrisy.

You're possibly right especially given we now live in the Sky generation. Personally I want both ( yep I'm a greedy twat) but I can accept that if it's not possible I would happilly settle for us playing good football.

He's won La Liga with an inferior squad than Real Madrid's so I've no idea how you've come to that conclusion.

He sure did. I think that was one of the main reasons we gave him the best job of his life. And he then decided he couldn't win the league without bucketloads of cash and hasn't stopped moaning about it since.

Hmmm, Liverpool finished 4th under Ged and we appointed a manager who had just won his second la liga title in three years, alongside a UEFA cup, sorry but doing all that on a budget wasn't really at the forefront of my good points!

We were looking at Curbishley and Ranieri, not sure where this 'he can win the league on a budget' has come from?

And people talking about attacking football, pre Barnes we were known as a methodical, robotic side, the fact that this is bollocks isn't the point, that was how we were perceived.

It's not the point Zig, the number one issue to attack the manager with is the style of play. It's used time & time again to beat him with and at least this season with some justification.

But it's irrelevant if Mourinho won the league playing shit football very few would complain.

It just bugs me that style of play is used as the primary stick, when in reality it's us not challenging for the title.

Yes I do. The entire philosophy of that club is diometrically opposed to Shitcoat and his antics.

Certainly has, Mourinho helped.

Really???? Watch the game against Chelsea last season, the first leg in Milan and then watch the sending off last night Thiago hardly touched Sergio who fell down like he was shot and then rolled around holding his head watching the ref through his fingers. Like I said they all do it. Rooney did it against Man City too.

That aint a poll though is it? Everyone wants winning, attacking, free flowing football.

The question is IF Rafa is to go what would you want?

As you can not guarantee winning football (whether shit coat is manager or not nothing is certain) I would prefer to see a more adventorous manager come in.

That immediately rules shitcoat out.

Guest Pistonbroke

That was then, could he do it again ? Times change and his style of management wouldn't cut it with a team full of ego's. His style of management isn't suited to the Premier league either. I think he'd do well at Juventus, Roma or a workmanlike team in Spain. He'd last 6 months tops at real Madrid and the like in my opinion. He'd last less at the likes of City or Chelsea.

I don't know how people can get so wound up by him. Fuck's sake, people, it's only football. Get some perspective. People are going on as if he's the love child of Hitler and Stalin after they got a little frisky the night they signed the Nazi- Soviet Pact. (awaits for some pedant to pull me up on the dates, of which I'm aware).

I'm pretty ambivalent towards him. He doesn't arse me in the slightest, although I do smile at some lines he comes out with from time to time.

If he ever became our manager, a lot of people's tunes would change.

It's not the point Zig, the number one issue to attack the manager with is the style of play. It's used time & time again to beat him with and at least this season with some justification.

But it's irrelevant if Mourinho won the league playing shit football very few would complain.

It just bugs me that style of play is used as the primary stick, when in reality it's us not challenging for the title.

Lifetime fan answered this quite well for me mate, but I'll chip in as well.

I don't blame Rafa for us not challenging for the title this season. I do blame him for us not coming top four though, and have serious questions about his philosophy, which I explained in more detail here.

As you can see it's not as simple for me as "shit football". I don't mind winning football in fact, but I would always prefer to play and win in style. That hopefully goes without saying for all footie fans. I don't see it as an either/or choice. Many managers have had great success playing decent football.

Guest PurpleNose
Really???? Watch the game against Chelsea last season, the first leg in Milan and then watch the sending off last night Thiago hardly touched Sergio who fell down like he was shot and then rolled around holding his head watching the ref through his fingers. Like I said they all do it. Rooney did it against Man City too.

Watched all of the games.

The Chelsea game was decided/ruined by the ref, not Barcelona's players.

The first leg in Milan should have seen Barca having at least one penalty. If anything they should have gone to ground more.

Motta put his hand in Busquets' face. It could have been a yellow or a red, both would have had the player sent off.

Ensuring a player is booked or sent off simply doesn't compare to some of the shite that Inter did last night. Ribery did it when one of the Olsens pulled him back. Didn't see anything wrong with that. Refs, by and large, are fucking shite. They won't give penalties unless someone ends up on the ground. They won't book or sent off players unless someone stays down and/or pretends to be hurt.

But spending 10 minutes of the game on goal kicks, diving at every single oppurtunity, and kicking the ball away at every oppurtunity to waste time is the sort of shite that ruins football.

The ref was rubbish last night, simply not strong enough to stamp this stuff out. Inter players knew they could get away with it, and did.

Guest PurpleNose
That was then, could he do it again ? Times change and his style of management wouldn't cut it with a team full of ego's. His style of management isn't suited to the Premier league either. I think he'd do well at Juventus, Roma or a workmanlike team in Spain. He'd last 6 months tops at real Madrid and the like in my opinion. He'd last less at the likes of City or Chelsea.

Agree with all of this.

I think at Real, the fans would get sick of the shite football, but he'd win stuff with them.

Chelsea and City are small clubs where the fans have less impact. If he won trophies for them, especially the latter, they wouldn't give a fuck about the style.

I think Juventus is perfect for him, and I wish him well when he leaves us for them this summer.