You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must be getting fucking desperate if we're deluding ourselves that Mourinho coming here would be a good thing.

The man's won a few trophies but with no fucking class on or off the pitch.

I reckon there's some reds fans so desperate to win the league that whole idea of entertaining football goes right out the window.

Of the two managers of last nights match I'd take Guardiola a million times over.

I reckon there's some reds fans so desperate to win the league that whole idea of entertaining football goes right out the window.

Of the two managers of last nights match I'd take Guardiola a million times over.

What kind of cunt would give a shit about "entertaining football" if it meant winning the title again?

Apart from you.

How can anyone say that Mourinho does everything for himself ahead of the team he's managing?

Name me a manager that isn't in it for themselves.

I don't need to find extremes to show that the point is fair. Some managers will have more self-interest than others. All of them will feel more or less responsibility to their clubs than others. There's a scale of managerial self-interest if you like. Mourinho strikes me as being so far up one end, he's got it coming out of his ears.

Pelligrini took a club like Villarreal with little in the way of resources and made them competitive in La Liga and Europe, playing football that was good to watch.

With our financial situation he'd be a good option to get the best out of the players we have now with his experience and style of pass and move football.

Pelligrini isn't a bad shout, him, Rijkard or Laudrup would do for me, IF Rafa were to leave.

Once again, "the Special One" proved that it was the Mourinho Show. Did he care which side he'd just managed to get to the CL final? Did he fuck. He thinks he's the fucking 'big I am' and makes me angry. Any class, humility, dignity at the end? Any shred of respect shown to the club that got him into football? Or respect towards Guardiola, one of the more decent managers out there? No, of course not.

Before anybody says "yeah, but you'd have him here and wouldn't complain when he acted the same way" yes I would. He's got fuck all loyalty and would drop us like a stone in a heartbeat if he thought a better offer was on the table. If we hold players to account for flirting with other clubs, or chasing moves away, then we should also do the same to managers.

Do you have a Newsletter? Couldn't agree more, great post.

As TK said I knew it would be wankfest today. The irony being that last night was exactly the type of result and performance that Rafa pulls out of his backpocket, year in year out. Yet the sheep insist we need a change.

You're right and you're wrong. No doubt about it Mourinho put out a defensive formation last night and if it had been us doing the same ( in a CL Semi) I certainly would've been happy. But could you see Rafa playing 433 at Chelsea like Mourinho did and 433 at CSKA which Mourinho did and both occassions he was defending a 1 goal lead?

Rafa has regularly pulled that out of his pocket at the likes of Wigan and Wolves this season.

Guest PurpleNose
In addition to my last post,

if the following managerial vacancies came up, who would you least and most like to be managing them:

United =

Rafa

Mourinho

O Neill

City =

Rafa

Mourinho

O Neill

Chelsea =

Rafa

Mourinho

O Neill

Arsenal =

Rafa

Mourinho

O Neill

I'd want O'Neill at any of the other big jobs. Because he'll do a shit job. Wouldn't want Rafa at Chelsea or Manchester City as I think he'd win the league with them. Same goes for Mourinho. Not sure what either would do at Arsenal. They'd both play worse football but possibly sign the centre half and central midfielder they need to reach the next level.

What kind of cunt would give a shit about "entertaining football" if it meant winning the title again?

Apart from you.

Ah, so wanting rid of our manager is not about our shit football, it's about us not winning the league?

You see I just thought it wasn't, because of the untold thousands of posts on here claiming we should fuck Benitez off because of the shit football we play.

Not a great effort from Valdes. I'm happy in the knowledge that Pepe would have knocked that hideous twat clean out.

Congratulations to Inter. A fine display of diving, cheating, time wasting, play acting, and cynicism. A win for Anti-Football.

All season the majority of our fans, both Pro Benitez and Anti-Benitez, have rightly complained about style of football. Why the fuck would any of you want this absolute tool to take over and make it even worse?

You think Barca would have behaved any different if they had been in Inter's position. Sorry but it's the name of the game in Europe and has crept into the prem over the last few years.