You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things that shit you up as a kid

Section_31

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doors with small oval windows in them. It wasn't the oval shape itself, as if I see a pair of net curtains with small oval holes in them I get the irresistable urge to poke my nose through the hole, but just doors. With oval windows.

Even now it gives me a bit of a shiver.

That and nuclear war.

*edit*

And Bagpuss is fucking ace. I bought a bagpuss pyjama case at Carmarthen car boot sale a few weeks ago. I was jumping around and "oooh"ing and "ahh"ing all fucking morning after getting that for a quid. It's even got Charliemouse sitting on its paw.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc46Gk-6qrA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc46Gk-6qrA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Ghostwatch fucked me up a little bit (quite a lot actually) I don't mind admitting, I was 11 at the time. Threads was a similar experience.

Other things that got me when I was younger.

tripod95.jpg

picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=81

FThing%20Hap%2060.jpg

Fuckin' Lion.

Another one of mine was Mike Reid. In an episode of Sooty, he played a burglar called 'Banana Briggs' and it proper shit me up. We went on holiday to Marbella as well a few months after I watched that episode and he was in the same place where we were having a meal. Fuck me, I absolutely shit myself and had to get calmed down by my mum and dad.

16004914-EEDA-3673-83CD337567017200.jpg

Scary fucker.

Judge Doom however is nothing compared to this monstrosity.

KHT-Tf4RSXo

Read the comments, I saw the episode they were talking about and... even reading about it while listening to the theme has brought me out in a cold sweat. I remember watching it... and then running down the garden to my dad in tears, one of my earliest lucid memories.

This might sound mad, but does anybody remember a programme shown on CITV in the mid 90s? I can't remember the name of it, but it seriously shit me up and gave me bad nightmares for ages!

Basically, it was about some rock thing that came down from space and when people went near it, it shot a green laser beam into their eyes and they became possessed by this alien type thing. Their eyes would glow green and they'd turn into baddies. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was called but it scared the shit out of me.

If anybody helps me put a name on this thing that's antagonised me 15 years or so, then you'll be suitably repped.