You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Mist

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are "fans" really suggesting that we should lose this weekend and therefore just giving up on 4th place ? While there is still a chance ?

This defeatist attitude is nothing to do with the manager, the owners, the team etc.... this is some of "the greatest fans in the world" throwing in the towel...well done, take a bow. I'm sure Bill Shankly would proud of you. Jesus, it's like 3 year olds throwing their toys out of the pram. Fucking grow a set or go support Everton ( for your low expectations ) or Man U ( for their current run of success ), as clearly the down side of supporting a club not at the top of it's game is too much for you.

And I don't buy all this crap that Ferguson would throw the game in the same circumstances. This is just an excuse to make you feel better about wanting our team to lose

Are "fans" really suggesting that we should lose this weekend and therefore just giving up on 4th place ? While there is still a chance ?

This defeatist attitude is nothing to do with the manager, the owners, the team etc.... this is some of "the greatest fans in the world" throwing in the towel...well done, take a bow. I'm sure Bill Shankly would proud of you. Jesus, it's like 3 year olds throwing their toys out of the pram. Fucking grow a set or go support Everton ( for your low expectations ) or Man U ( for their current run of success ), as clearly the down side of supporting a club not at the top of it's game is too much for you.

And I don't buy all this crap that Ferguson would throw the game in the same circumstances. This is just an excuse to make you feel better about wanting our team to lose

We are not getting 4th spot, get a grip of reality ffs. And Ferguson WOULD fucking well 'throw' the game if he were in the same situation. He'd throw in his reserves as he's done countless times before in games which have profound effects on the fortunes of other teams. He wouldn't hesitate to do so in this scenario.

Besides our players must be knackered after 120 mins of football yesterday, best to rest the whole lot of them for Sunday's encounter. Wouldn't want them to be burned out or injured just before the world cup...

Yep, here we go, "Fergie's mindgames" as then press wankingly describe it.

Sir Alex Ferguson insists Liverpool will not "throw away history" by giving Chelsea the win to scupper Manchester United's Premier League title chances.

The Blues head to Anfield one point clear of United, who visit Sunderland bidding to overhaul the record of 18 English titles they hold with the Reds.

With two games to go, United boss Ferguson said: "They've been in 11 European finals and won 18 titles.

"Great clubs don't throw traditions away for one game. The fans know that."

The 68-year-old Scot added: "Do you think the fans want to go home saying their players capitulated and they didn't try and thinking it wouldn't happen again?"

Liverpool have endured a difficult season, which took a further downturn when they suffered a Europa League semi-final defeat at the hands of Atletico Madrid on Thursday, going out on away goals after Diego Forlan's extra-time strike.

However, with Ferguson's side facing Sunderland at the Stadium of Light two hours later, the Scot is hopeful that Liverpool's proud history and their professionalism will ensure they perform against Chelsea.

The Merseysiders themselves are battling for fourth place which comes with the chance to play in the lucrative Champions League but Rafael Benitez's Reds are seventh, two points behind fourth-place Tottenham having played one game more.

"It is difficult to say how Liverpool's players will feel," reflected Ferguson. "It is Rafa's job to prepare his players.

"The way we lost to Bayern Munich [in the Champions League] gave me a difficult job to raise players but you have to do it. That is your job.

"It took me a couple of days to get over it. But you can't wallow in pity.

"I would totally agree that we would have preferred last night's game to finish in 90 minutes and I have always said teams don't get the proper help when they are in Europe.

"Having to play Sunday lunchtime after a Thursday game is not fair but it happens time and again when we see repeatedly teams abroad being allowed to bring games forward to suit their programme. That is a fact.

"They say there is congestion but it is not that big you can't help a team by one day or a few hours.

"We have all had to cope with it over the years. You depend on the great resilience of the English player."

This weekend's fixture situation bears similarities to 1995, when on the last day of the season United headed to West Ham knowing it would take a victory at Upton Park and a Liverpool win over Blackburn at Anfield to give them the title.

United's failure to beat the Hammers 15 years ago made Liverpool's victory over Blackburn that day redundant.

But Ferguson is hoping Benitez's side can emulate their predecessors to aid the Red Devils in their quest to claim a record 19th league title by sealing an historic fourth in succession.

"We were depending on Liverpool producing - and they did," recalled Ferguson.

"You have to earn a right to win the title. Okay, there were a lot of English players in their team that day and they understood the history of Liverpool FC.

"But I don't think there has been such a swing that the current players do not understand the history of Liverpool."

Spare us your sanctimonious shite, Ferguson. We should do exactly what Wolves did when they played ManUre - field the reserves, and get humped.

You know given the season we have had that we will win against Chelsea not get fourth and they will beat our record!

What a season! Although if they do win the league I expect old red nose to retire and hopefully will mark the end of their lucky run.

Guest davelfc
You know given the season we have had that we will win against Chelsea not get fourth and they will beat our record!

I've been saying that for weeks, I'm still saying it.

There are smaller personal issues possible for the likes of Pepe on Sunday in pursuit of the Golden Glove award again. Remember Carragher's reaction when Spurs scored a consolation in the last home game last season. He was gutted for Pepe because conceding that goal meant Pepe didn't win it.

What a season! Although if they do win the league I expect old red nose to retire and hopefully will mark the end of their lucky run.

He will not retire - they'll have to carry that cunt out of Old Trafford in a box. And listening to him today makes me wish we would throw the game, the patronising twat.

As others have pointed out he would not hesitate to throw a meaningless game (because that's what our game against Chelsea is) if it meant damaging our prospects. Don't forget this is the fella who's whole raison d'etre since he joined the Mancs was to 'knock Liverpool off their fucking perch'.

Give him nothing.

I really don't care about the Golden Glove. I do care about who wins number 19, though. And I don't want it to be the mancs.

Well duh, it wasn't a point of whether we care about it but Pepe if anyone deserves some personal glory this season which he is professional enough to try and get by keeping two clean sheets in his last two games. I am sure Pepe cares whether he wins it or not.

Guest Pistonbroke
He will not retire - they'll have to carry that cunt out of Old Trafford in a box. And listening to him today makes me wish we would throw the game, the patronising twat.

As others have pointed out he would not hesitate to throw a meaningless game (because that's what our game against Chelsea is) if it meant damaging our prospects. Don't forget this is the fella who's whole raison d'etre since he joined the Mancs was to 'knock Liverpool off their fucking perch'.

Give him nothing.

Exactly. If they get number 19 he'll be hell bent on beating our European record.

This just in the Echo:

Liverpool midfielder, Steven Gerrard is just one of numerous Reds who are extremely doubtful for Sunday's vital clash with Chelsea. The Reds' skipper missed training this morning with what is being reported as a hangnail on his index finger, his place is expected to be taken by 16 year old Jimmy Price from the Liverpool youth team. Furthermore, vice captain Jamie Carragher is also a major doubt, the rock in Liverpool's defence was quoted this morning as admitting, "My car is a mess, insects stuck to the grill, fingerprints all over the windows, and the inside could do with a good vacuuming. I religiously give it a good wash on Sunday morning, I'm far too busy during the week." Other Reds gutted to be missing out on the big game are Pepe Reina, Glen Johnson and Javier Mascherano; Reina can't find a babysitter, Johnson has been putting off some home improvement for weeks, while Mascherano races remote controlled boats Sunday mornings.

Rafa's parting gift to Ferguson should be a monster dildo which he should present to him and tell him to go fuck himself, he should then send the lads out with specific instructions to ensure a comfortable Chelsea win. We owe the Mancs nothing and they know it, if the shoe were on the other foot they would take great pleasure in fucking us over and would probably be supported by the country's press arseholes.