You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Mist

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they at Stoke?

I know what you mean, John. But if they finish above us to get into the Europa League I'd be arsed. But other than that, I couldn't give two fucks.

Plus, here's the mother of all questions:

Would you rather the Mancs beat us to number 19? Or Everton finish above us for one season?

Saying that, are we just going to hope the Mancs don't win the league every season so they can't get to number 19 before we do?

We can't do that forever. They're far closer to winning the league than we are so I'd put my money on them winning the league again before us.

It is the shittest of scenarios in the shittest of seasons Mick I agree.

I would rather the blues finish above us I think but yes you are right United will win the title again within the next two seasons I would think. Could it be a case of being put out of our misery finally?

Another thing which people haven't touched on because of the 18-18 tie on titles is them possibly becoming the first to win four in a row. They have done the three in a row twice to our once as it is.

I seen Giggs getting interviewed recently and he played down the 19th title (this was a month or so ago when there was no definite proof that our game v Chelsea would have massive repercussions for them) but Giggs was saying the four in a row would be the ultimate thing for him.

Pensby I think.

Played for Cammell Laird if memory serves though I may be wrong there. Forest definitely got Peter Davenport from Lairds.

Just to go off topic for a minute, I was told by my cousin, who played with Davenport in the West Cheshire League, that when Davenport signed for Forest, Clough pulled out a crate of ale in his office, and those present had a couple of beers to "celebrate" his signing. Allegedly, one of Davenports mates said to Clough, "Being honest Mr Clough, what chance has Peter got when you've got Fashanu as your first choice centre forward?"

"Fashanu?" said Clough "he'll never make a centre forward as long as he's got a hole in his arse!"

I see Alan Hutton had is red card reduce to one match! So a red card that wasn't a red card, rather than being recinded becomes a one match ban instead.

Steve Bruce is manager of Sunderland in case anybody has forgotten.

Yep, and his Sunderland side got a point at Old Trafford earlier in the season.

They'll be well up for this, last home game of the season for them and there's a few players with points to prove and world cup places to fight for.

Yep, and his Sunderland side got a point at Old Trafford earlier in the season.

They'll be well up for this, last home game of the season for them and there's a few players with points to prove and world cup places to fight for.

That was Steve Bruce's first ever point against United, United will win four or five one, just as Bryan Robson's Middlesborough rolled over a week after Whiskeynose questioned Leeds integrity.

Anyone who wants us to lose is a disgrace to the club. We are LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB. The greatest club this country has ever seen. If the Mancs win 19 so be it. We will have become a small club by wanting to lose in order to see our rivals suffer. Disgraceful.

I hope we go out (in what i hope is Rafas last game at Anfield) and twat those rent boys. If it hands the scum the title so be it, they will win 19 eventually.

I dont think we will win as our genius will go with Lucas and Mascha in the middle which is as creative as a turtle with no legs but thats not the point.

Im disgusted that people want Liverpool to suffer a defeat to those cunts from London in order to see those pricks from Manchester suffer. The same knobheads laugh at Everton for such tactics.

Would Slur Alex play his reserves to stop us winning the title?? Of course he would. But thats what makes us the greatest club in the world. We wont. Our pride is worth more than anything else, play with pride, for our fans, players and supporters. Petty grudges matter not to us.

L.I.V.E.R.P.O.O.L. F.O.O.T.B.A.L.L. C.L.U.B

Y.N.W.A

No matter how much the mancs win, no matter what they do, we are liverpool football club, and will always hold our head high, and worry about ourselves and not give a shit about our rivals.

I can only agree with this but it hurts sooo much that I am desperatley looking for reasons not to agree with it.

That was Steve Bruce's first ever point against United, United will win four or five one, just as Bryan Robson's Middlesborough rolled over a week after Whiskeynose questioned Leeds integrity.

Not through lack of trying though. His Wigan side had a right go at them on the last day in 2008 and his sides always do. Say what you like about his fat head, but you can't question his professionalism.

It's a nonsense to suggest those who played under Ferguson will just bend over for them. In the same way people suggested Allardyce's side would let them have an easy time a couple of weeks back.

It doesn't happen. If they win the league it's not because of favours from Ferguson's mates or referees, it's because they've been the best team over 38 games.

The 19 thing is a massive monkey on our back. If Chelsea hadn't got their millions united would have gone past that before now. Of course I don't want united to do it, but to actively send out a weakened side would be very wrong. However, if we manage to qualify for the final then I would hope that rafa rests key players as I would have done against any team.

It's a horrible situation to be in but I hope to fuck that any player that ever pulls on the red shirt plays to win. No exceptions.

How would anyone feel if we lost but all of these other results came in?

Man City V Aston Villa DRAW

Tottenham V Bolton TOTTENHAM WIN

Liverpool V Chelsea LIVERPOOL WIN

Man City V Tottenham DRAW

Aston Villa V Blackburn ASTON VILLA WIN

Burnley V Tottenham BURNLEY WIN

Hull V Liverpool LIVERPOOL WIN

West Ham V Man City MAN CITY WIN

Final table:

Liverpool 68 (Our goal difference is best)

Man City 68

Tottenham 68

Aston Villa 68

It's incredibly unlikely all that will happen. I actually make the odds of those results coming in at about 600/1 but it's still remotely possible.

Guest TK-421
How would anyone feel if we lost but all of these other results came in?

Man City V Aston Villa DRAW

Tottenham V Bolton TOTTENHAM WIN

Liverpool V Chelsea LIVERPOOL WIN

Man City V Tottenham DRAW

Aston Villa V Blackburn ASTON VILLA WIN

Burnley V Tottenham BURNLEY WIN

Hull V Liverpool LIVERPOOL WIN

West Ham V Man City MAN CITY WIN

Final table:

Liverpool 68 (Our goal difference is best)

Man City 68

Tottenham 68

Aston Villa 68

It's incredibly unlikely all that will happen. I actually make the odds of those results coming in at about 600/1 but it's still remotely possible.

I'd feel poo, but the results of some of those games will be known before we play Chelsea, no?

I'd feel poo, but the results of some of those games will be known before we play Chelsea, no?

Ok, well assuming they go according to plan...

It's a real pisser all these games being at different times though. It'd be a lot more interesting if the Sunderland game was on at the same time as ours'.

The 19 thing is a massive monkey on our back. If Chelsea hadn't got their millions united would have gone past that before now.

I'm hearing a lot of this kind of talk recently. That we need to let them overtake us and become the most successful side for us to suddenly get our shit together. Its just not going to happen. The two things aren't in the slighest bit related.

No-one knows how things will pan out, Man City could begin to dominate very soon, Chelsea might start buying again, Ginsoak might croak it in a fit of apoplexy after we send out the reserves this weekend. No-one thought in 1990 that Moores would run the club into the ground but it happened. As long as they aren't on 19, they aren't ahead and I still firmly believe that with a proper manager and some astute purchases we aren't a million miles away from pushing for the title.

Stick out the kids Rafa lad, do us one last good turn before you head off.

Guest TK-421
Ok, well assuming they go according to plan...

It's a real pisser all these games being at different times though. It'd be a lot more interesting if the Sunderland game was on at the same time as ours'.

It could be that all issues (winners, CL & Europa places, relegation) will be resolved this weekend meaning that $ky won't have anything to hype up the last weekend. What a shame that would be.

Not through lack of trying though. His Wigan side had a right go at them on the last day in 2008 and his sides always do. Say what you like about his fat head, but you can't question his professionalism.

It's a nonsense to suggest those who played under Ferguson will just bend over for them. In the same way people suggested Allardyce's side would let them have an easy time a couple of weeks back.

It doesn't happen. If they win the league it's not because of favours from Ferguson's mates or referees, it's because they've been the best team over 38 games.

Just as its nonsense to suggest we will 'throw' the game against Chelsea.

Oh, and Steve Bennett is ref at the Mancs game.

I don't think Everton finishing above us or not will have any sway over that somehow. Whatever is going to happen will happen no matter if Everton finish above us or not. If they did then his position would surely have to be untenable even if I liked it or not.

I am talking about it from a fans perspective however and the whole bragging aspect of it not the manager's situation.

If we finish 8th and win the Euro league, would that mean Everton not getting into europe despite finishing 7th??

In one way that would be sweet....

Everton wont beat Stoke though.

I'm hearing a lot of this kind of talk recently. That we need to let them overtake us and become the most successful side for us to suddenly get our shit together. Its just not going to happen. The two things aren't in the slighest bit related.

No-one knows how things will pan out, Man City could begin to dominate very soon, Chelsea might start buying again, Ginsoak might croak it in a fit of apoplexy after we send out the reserves this weekend. No-one thought in 1990 that Moores would run the club into the ground but it happened. As long as they aren't on 19, they aren't ahead and I still firmly believe that with a proper manager and some astute purchases we aren't a million miles away from pushing for the title.

Stick out the kids Rafa lad, do us one last good turn before you head off.

I'm not saying we need to let them overtake us at all. If they do it is because they have been a superior team for many years. I don't think they deserve it this year though, but if they win it after we beat Chelsea, that won't be the reason and it is probably best to accept it. Like I said, if we are in the final, then I want changes, otherwise I don't. Chelsea may well win anyway as their desire should be more than ours if we do have nothing to play for.

I don't see why people are crying the blues over the fact some of us are quite happy to sacrifice one match to see the mancs lose the league. Think of what's at stake here, the manc squad is declining in quality every year while other clubs are rolling in cash - if they don't overturn our league lead this season they quite conceivably may not do so for years.

And the 'we are Liverpool Football Club' stuff doesn't do it for me either, this isn't quite the Liverpool football club we all remember, not at the moment - even if we get into the champions league, all it means is money in some suited American cunt's pocket, we won't win the fucking thing either, we won't even get out of the group stages probably, and any money we clear won't go into the squad.

The 'we are Liverpool' mantra has been used by various people at the club lately to give us all one up the arse, I don't need telling what Liverpool Football Club is or should be, I've known since I was six. I am, however, willing to forgo an interest payment-generator to stop our club losing its status as the most successful club in English football history.

Dave U quoted in the guardian:

The Anfield dilemma – win over Chelsea could hand title to United | Football | The Guardian

No-win situation: Fans caught in a dilemma

Dave Usher

Editor of the Liverpool Way fanzine

'There will be no satisfactory outcome on Sunday. If we win, we are basically handing the title to the Mancs and allowing them to overhaul us as the most successful side in the land. But if we lose, we are giving up any faint hope of finishing in the top four. I want us to win but if we don't you won't find me crying about it. There is a part of me that would find it hilarious if Rafa 'rested' most of our side and we lost, as it would cause Fergie's head to explode'

Les Lawson

Secretary of the Merseyside branch of the Liverpool Supporters' Club

'This match is not one I'm looking forward to. I never want Man United to win the title and particularly so this year as it will be title No19. The problem on Sunday, too, is that Liverpool kick off before United do [against Sunderland] and so we can't even go into our game hoping that they've slipped up and thus we can then go all out for a win. It's a very difficult situation'

Anil Patel

Kop season-ticket holder for 21 years

'For me there is no dilemma – I want Liverpool to win every game they play in, whether it be the first team, the reserves or the youth side. Too many of our fans are obsessed with United but they shouldn't worry about them. There is still a chance of us finishing fourth and we should aim for that until it's mathematically impossible

I don't see why people are crying the blues over the fact some of us are quite happy to sacrifice one match to see the mancs lose the league. Think of what's at stake here, the manc squad is declining in quality every year while other clubs are rolling in cash - if they don't overturn our league lead this season they quite conceivably may not do so for years.

And the 'we are Liverpool Football Club' stuff doesn't do it for me either, this isn't quite the Liverpool football club we all remember, not at the moment - even if we get into the champions league, all it means is money in some suited American cunt's pocket, we won't win the fucking thing either, we won't even get out of the group stages probably, and any money we clear won't go into the squad.

The 'we are Liverpool' mantra has been used by various people at the club lately to give us all one up the arse, I don't need telling what Liverpool Football Club is or should be, I've known since I was six. I am, however, willing to forgo an interest payment-generator to stop our club losing its status as the most successful club in English football history.

I can see where you are coming from secsh, and a large part of me wants that, but it just doesn't sit right. Maybe i am too honest. that's why i am hoping for a final to make any dramatic changes more justified.