You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Benitez

d.k.E.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421
I don't ever remember Rafa winning three trophies in one season either and he is destined to finish lower than any of Houllier sides did which was 5th. We finished 7th in 98-99 which Houllier only had half the season for so that was effectively a write off season after the joint manager farce but when Houllier had full control we were no lower than 5th. I can't see us finishing 5th this season sadly.

This season has been poor, I grant you, but it could still end with a trophy so still not a write off altogether.

I think we have consistently challenged for better honours under Rafa than we did with Houllier. We've been nearer to the league, won the European Cup and been close on a number of occasions.

I liked Houllier's Liverpool and he signed some great players, and bought back some respect and good times, but Rafa has taken it a bit further, just my opinion.

I think he will be quite a hard act to follow if all this Juve stuff materialises. If not, I'll be happy that he stays.

This season has been poor, I grant you, but it could still end with a trophy so still not a write off altogether.

I think we have consistently challenged for better honours under Rafa than we did with Houllier. We've been nearer to the league, won the European Cup and been close on a number of occasions.

I liked Houllier's Liverpool and he signed some great players, and bought back some respect and good times, but Rafa has taken it a bit further, just my opinion.

I think he will be quite a hard act to follow if all this Juve stuff materialises. If not, I'll be happy that he stays.

That's a fair post.

Lets see these owners out the club before we start on who should or shouldnt be sacked its funny that its all Rafa's fault now no one is having a go at Sammy Lee or Dalglish who also have imput into what goes on at LFC

The players we have in the squad are the players we have when Torres gets injured we are light up front we all know that but Rafa wasnt given any money to get anyone in for that role people quote the money he wasted on Johnson and Aqualani but we have paid nothing for Johnson yet as the crouch money owed to us from Pompy brought him in like wise the Itallian is on 5m down and the rest is in installments so for a net outlay of 5m please tell me where you would get a RB a AM and a CF from

Rafa has gotton us to a European Semi final again and our first team squad is to light to tackle every comp we enter and the Prem if we get to the final or even win it it will be better than finishing 4th Liverpool Football Club is about winning trophies Rafa knows this and with what we have to play with this was the bigest Comp we could have won this season if we manage to do so than Rafa has done very well this season and given money to bring in new players we might just be able to have a crack at the Prem

I cant be arsed with all this Gloom and Doom merchants or star to say this is the worst team they have seen in 300years they must have selective memory because this team is far from that have they forgot about the Souness and Ged teams that were left here

Come on Rafa Come on Reds we have a hand full of games left to win this season and a trophy to bring home so get behind the lads and lift them across the line

Not stand on there fucking heads

His reign has been no better or worse than Houlliers really has it? No disgrace in that like but it hasn't exactly been winning football throughout Rafa's reign, that is being very economical with the truth.

If we end up 7th like we are right now then that is unjustifiable and not winning football. That is mid-table mediocrity but some people are easily pleased.

No it's been better, simple as and i'm not about to start undermining what he has done for this club because of idle rumour or irrational dislike.

The club's in crisis yet i'm not going to pin that on one man, I know this has been a shit season but despite all my frustrations i'm not going to waste my time sat here trying to vilify and pin all the blame on Benitez because quite simply i'd only be doing that out of ignorance and i don't consider myself an ignorant person.

Wouldn't surprise me if quite a few of the players did the same thing.

Seriously I think Ant said that in jest but there are people who will be delighted when he does go and that is their perogative. It means those people who pay hard earned money for their tickets may actually begin to enjoy going to the game again and seeing a much more successful, attractive attacking Liverpool side which if we aren't challenging for honours then I am sure the likes of Ant could live with that as a consolation.

I want to enjoy going the game again and i'll start paying my way once these parasites have upped sticks and left. I haven't stopped going to Anfield because of Benitez, what sort of excuse would that be especially considering our home form is better than last seasons? If it was just a matter of a manager failing us as fans that wouldn't stop me going just as it didn't stop me going when Souness was in charge or in Houlliers last couple of seasons. You're far too fixated with Benitez for whatever reason but a manager who is giving his all shouldn't be the reason to stop going the match or to throw a party when he leaves. He's worked fucking damn hard for us and my opinion will not be swayed by unsubstantiated rumour or agenda.

He's made us competitive in Europe again, giving us some great nights whilst trying to get it right in the league which is no mean feat. I'm not going to stack the odds against him and criticise him for every mistake he's made removing any margin for error because simply that sets a precedent that the next manager has to , unfairly, live up to and what would be the point in that?

I'm not arsed about winning things, i'll be happy to see us live within our means playing decent football and doing things in our own way just like Bilbao do amongst others these days. What's the the point in vilifying Benitez right now and ignoring realities this club faces right now? If he's not the right man anymore as this season suggests then so be it, we move on and we look to another manager who can lead us differently. Thing is i'll be quite happy to give any new manager the benefit of doubt and some margin for error that many haven't afforded Benitez or this club in a long time.

The reality is the next manager will come in for the same kind of criticism Benitez has once results and performances stop going our way despite the infrastructure, the finances and the players at our disposal. The precedent has been set these past couple of years and there really isn't any going back.

Challenged!!!!

Rafa has brainwashed you with his, what was it "Winning trophies is not important, challenging for them is".

Houllier won more in one season than Rafa has in six.

Challenged!!!!

Rafa has brainwashed you with his, what was it "Winning trophies is not important, challenging for them is".

Houllier's Liverpool teams played the most cowardly football I have witnessed from any Liverpool team, his whole philosophy was summed up by himself when he said "they can keep the ball, we'll keep the result". Once his take the lead and then defend and play on the counter style got found out, he had no answer and no plan b.

I know the football hasn't always been sparkling under Rafa, but I've enjoyed the way we've played under Rafa during his six seasons (this season apart) far more than the football played under Houllier's six seasons.

Houllier's Liverpool teams played the most cowardly football I have witnessed from any Liverpool team, his whole philosophy was summed up by himself when he said "they can keep the ball, we'll keep the result". Once his take the lead and then defend and play on the counter style got found out, he had no answer and no plan b.

I know the football hasn't always been sparkling under Rafa, but I've enjoyed the way we've played under Rafa during his six seasons (this season apart) far more than the football played under Houllier's six seasons.

I can only really remember the period from 2001 onwards under Houllier.

What I will say is this season has been more frustrating and demoralising than Houllier's last two combined.

I need Rafa to go so I don't look back at his reign and feel nothing but resentment.

When I think of Houllier I think of the good times.

Also that quote is alot better than that of Benitez when we played stoke 'It's important to win, more important not to lose'

Challenged!!!!

Only a gobshite counts the charity shield and the super cup as trophies. And, don't use quotation marks if you are simply making a quote up, you bleeding nonce.

"Liverpool is a great club, but i've read comments by some illiterate fuck wits, people who know more about fingering their sister than football. It saddens me, like when the waxing moon falls beneath the stars during the winter solstice." - Rafa, 2009

Edited by Voltaire

Neither. Both not good enough, same with Souness and Evans.

Yet one took us back to the pinnacle of European football; respected and feared once again. A European giant once more, with semi finals a regular occurance, also a genunie title push only last season. But 'not good enough' is the rallying cry. I wonder what will happen when you get your wish, and this season becomes the norm, and European anonymity is our regular medicine?

One leaves us with world class players, having bought the best keeper and striker in the league, and a monster of a centre mid. But all the others have the same claims, of course.

For me, there is no point replacing a Manager unless we can attract someone better. At the moment I don't think we can.

I don't want a situation where we appoint a "half way house" Manager. Some people do not remember the Souness, Evans years.

Some lad in the pub after the West Ham game wanted Souness back!!! I asked how old he was ( 20 )

Rafa has not had the best of seasons, some of this is his own making, but I think we have greater problems to sort first. I would like to see him backed and not in a position where we have to canibalise the squad

Yeah, Houllier was noted for throwing the towel in against teams like Reading and Birmingham. Fucks sake.

The football under benitez has been absolute dire. Even subs are made according to the clock not how the fucking game is going. And some say benitez is a tactical genius? yeah right. Oh, its 65 minutes, I'll chuck a sub on because that's what I always do at this time!

And to make out benitez has a plan b while slagging houllier for the same thing, fucking joke.

Sorry, if people have 'enjoyed' the way we've played under benitez for 6 years they must be stevie wonder.

Yeah, Houllier was noted for throwing the towel in against teams like Reading and Birmingham. Fucks sake.

The football under benitez has been absolute dire. Even subs are made according to the clock not how the fucking game is going. And some say benitez is a tactical genius? yeah right. Oh, its 65 minutes, I'll chuck a sub on because that's what I always do at this time!

And to make out benitez has a plan b while slagging houllier for the same thing, fucking joke.

Sorry, if people have 'enjoyed' the way we've played under benitez for 6 years they must be stevie wonder.

Ive come to the conclusion that you are a massive tool. Do shut up.

Ryan babel, arsenal vs Liverpool. Champions league quarter final. Scores a goal and wins a peno, fuck you tactical genius and peado! A sub that changed how the game was going?

If you are going to rewrite history, at least use the facts?

To all the half wits out there, the fickle small ones with the small cocks, cast your mind back to this time last season. Think. Think. Would you have believed your bile and views on rafa? Would you still your future self and beg for more belief? Or are you akin to newcastle's board, change at the first sign of problems? Self serving little gobshites who have no idea of the grander picture.

I'm ashamed I have to share my club with you.

Edited by Voltaire

Guest ian garro
Ryan babel, arsenal vs Liverpool. Champions league quarter final. Scores a goal and wins a peno, fuck you tactical genius and peado! A sub that changed how the game was going?

If you are going to rewrite history, at least use the facts?

Is that someone getting "pwned" as well ?

There's a lot of it about.

Houllier:

1998/99 54 Pts

1999/00 67 Pts

2000/01 69 Pts

2001/02 80 Pts

2002/03 64 Pts

2003/04 60 Pts

Total points = 394 Pts

Average points = 65.66 Pts

Benitez:

2004/05 58 Pts

2005/06 82 Pts

2006/07 68 Pts

2007/08 76 Pts

2008/09 86 Pts

2009/10 59 Pts * 3 games left to be played

Total points = 429 Pts

Average points = 71.5 Pts

Whether we've played better football is down to each individuals interpretation, how we have actually performed on the pitch isn't.