You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Benitez

d.k.E.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a member of the site, who met Vladi and whom confirmed the story, Didi did break his foot in the build up to the game when demonstarting penalities to the squad using a coke can and a table. Sure the poster will confirm this if he sees this.

Hence why Kewell started, probably. But lets just blame Rafa anyway for not starting him, it's easier.

Now it's his foot!

Will someone please explain why Rafa himself did not say any of this after the match? I can understand silence before, to keep Milan in the dark, but why afterwards - especially when he took so much stick for it?

And while that remains unanswered, Phil Neal, mates who spoke to Vladi blah blah are of no use.

Now it's his foot!

Will someone please explain why Rafa himself did not say any of this after the match? I can understand silence before, to keep Milan in the dark, but why afterwards - especially when he took so much stick for it?

And while that remains unanswered, Phil Neal, mates who spoke to Vladi blah blah are of no use.

Sorry, Foot/Toe (that better?) just passing on what I've read.

I don't know...ask Rafa as I guess he's the one that would only know I guess, or Didi...or a member of the squad that night who apparently has confirmed it.

That's cool though, you've obviously made your mind up that Rafa fucked up the Starting lineup.

All the best with that.

Blah Blah

I don't know...ask Rafa as I guess he's the one that would only know I guess

Still haven't got an answer to my question, but thanks for the contribution.

No, you did get an answer.

I'm going by what a couple of ex-reds have said. Rather then speculate further than it simply being a case of Rafa fucking up the starting 11.

Kewell had only just come back from injury that night, I guess him being placed into the squad at last minute, rather than a world class holding midfielder starting would make a bit more sense.

But I am, like you are, speculating. Just that a couple of people connected to the club have backed up the story that I mention. Not saying it's the gospel, but it holds a little more weight.

What you don't know though jnp, is who would have started if Didi didn't break his toe. The obvious person to bring in for me if there had been a tactical decision to close down Kaka's space but Didi had broken his toe, would be the fit midfielder you had used effectively in previous games in the competiton, not the crocked winger who was just back from injury. Both are a bit of a gamble, but one changes your whole game plan, and the other .... doesn't. It's simpler for me to believe that he wanted to use the players he did, and he certainly made some kind of informed decision to do so, which certainly hurt us badly as Kaka was heavily involved in all three goals. I don't know if Igor would have stopped him all three times of course, but it's a fair bet that he would have had less space to operate in.

Fuc king ell. The lengths some people will go to to big up benitez.

Yep, its been such a secret that its 'only just' coming out 5 years later when the manager is in the shit! Oh yeah, vladi told someone 5 years ago but its been kept quiet for so long> Get to fuck, will ya's.

Boss that, people cannot debate on an internet forum without being accused of excuse making or being labelled a Rafapologist or a Rafa hater or whatever shite term one eyed beauts like you offer up.

Tedium.

What you don't know though jnp, is who would have started if Didi didn't break his toe. The obvious person to bring in for me if there had been a tactical decision to close down Kaka's space but Didi had broken his toe, would be the fit midfielder you had used effectively in previous games in the competiton, not the crocked winger who was just back from injury. Both are a bit of a gamble, but one changes your whole game plan, and the other .... doesn't. It's simpler for me to believe that he wanted to use the players he did, and he certainly made some kind of informed decision to do so, which certainly hurt us badly as Kaka was heavily involved in all three goals. I don't know if Igor would have stopped him all three times of course, but it's a fair bet that he would have had less space to operate in.

Exactly, I don't know who he would have gone with, but it doesn't really matter as what happened, happened.

If we were talking about his selection at Athens then I'd be well up for talking down his tactics that evening as he got it horribly wrong and personally that was the begining of the end of my trust in him and I think is more justified in dissecting.

But I'm not going to talk down his acheivements, probably the greatest night of my life so far, just for the sake of internet posters scoring points against the manager who clearly most fans, match going or not, are in agreement needs to go and is getting more than his share of abuse.

Fuc king ell. The lengths some people will go to to big up benitez.

Yep, its been such a secret that its 'only just' coming out 5 years later when the manager is in the shit! Oh yeah, vladi told someone 5 years ago but its been kept quiet for so long> Get to fuck, will ya's.

I'm not a Benitez supporter, by the way.

Get to fuck, will ya's (yourself)

But I'm not going to talk down his acheivements, probably the greatest night of my life so far, just for the sake of internet posters scoring points against the manager

Is that what you reckon I'm doing? I thought I was just disagreeing with a point someone else made about a footie match. I think I've given Rafa some credit in the same discussion though.

Is that what you reckon I'm doing? I thought I was just disagreeing with a point someone else made about a footie match. I think I've given Rafa some credit in the same discussion though.

I quoted your post zigackly, but I was talking in general about some of the posts I've read. Not personally against your writting.

I'm not a Benitez supporter, by the way.

Get to fuck, will ya's (yourself)

Look, let's be honest about this, yeah?

The story about Hamann taking the pen with a broken toe is well known and came out within hours of the final.

There was none of this stuff about it keeping him out of the starting 11. Kewell was picked ahead of him by benitez because thats who he wanted to play.

My earlier question has been answered.

From 'A Season on the Brink' - says Hamann. 'I felt the injury during the match but never told anyone. I did not pay attention to it. I must have done it seven or eight minutes before the end of the game after landing awkwardly.'

An argument about the mistakes our manager made as we won the European Cup. I see. Well I had a great day that day so I'm going to remember that. Oh, and I love Didi Hamann. Proper man love. He's ace and I wish he was 22 and back with us.

Does it not add to the magic for you that we fucked up and came back from the dead? Surely that made it more than if we'd gone to penalties at nil nil. It's always been part of the whole wild ride for me. And I do remember every second of it including the mammoth journey there and back. Didi goes without saying, the big leg.