You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Benitez

d.k.E.

This season has been poor, I grant you, but it could still end with a trophy so still not a write off altogether.

I think we have consistently challenged for better honours under Rafa than we did with Houllier. We've been nearer to the league, won the European Cup and been close on a number of occasions.

I liked Houllier's Liverpool and he signed some great players, and bought back some respect and good times, but Rafa has taken it a bit further, just my opinion.

I think he will be quite a hard act to follow if all this Juve stuff materialises. If not, I'll be happy that he stays.

A good post TK.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this season wasn't bad enough, listening to these whiny little ferrets fanny on just makes things worse. Man up and grow a cock. Rafa should get another season and we should stand up and give him the support he deserves for dragging us back into the modern game.

Posting negative comments in a thread called 'fuck off benitez' makes you a fickle, flaccid cock. No arguments.

Edited by Voltaire

Houllier:

1998/99 54 Pts

1999/00 67 Pts

2000/01 69 Pts

2001/02 80 Pts

2002/03 64 Pts

2003/04 60 Pts

Total points = 394 Pts

Average points = 65.66 Pts

Benitez:

2004/05 58 Pts

2005/06 82 Pts

2006/07 68 Pts

2007/08 76 Pts

2008/09 86 Pts

2009/10 59 Pts * 3 games left to be played

Total points = 429 Pts

Average points = 71.5 Pts

Whether we've played better football is down to each individuals interpretation, how we have actually performed on the pitch isn't.

So this european tactical genius is just an average of 5 points better than Houllier and you think that's something to write home about?

Seems you're easily pleased, mate as it suggests to me that in reality, there's just one win and 2 draws difference between them. Hardly head and shoulders endorsement, is it?

Ryan babel, arsenal vs Liverpool. Champions league quarter final. Scores a goal and wins a peno, fuck you tactical genius and peado! A sub that changed how the game was going?

If you are going to rewrite history, at least use the facts?

Jesus fucking christ. One sub and he's the tactical genius again eh? This the same babel you've been slagging off for the last couple of seasons too?

This season has been poor, I grant you, but it could still end with a trophy so still not a write off altogether.

I think we have consistently challenged for better honours under Rafa than we did with Houllier. We've been nearer to the league, won the European Cup and been close on a number of occasions.

I liked Houllier's Liverpool and he signed some great players, and bought back some respect and good times, but Rafa has taken it a bit further, just my opinion.

I think he will be quite a hard act to follow if all this Juve stuff materialises. If not, I'll be happy that he stays.

Wouldnt disagree with most of this. I consider benitez has reached his peak with us and is now on the downwards slope.

I wouldnt give him another season as I dont consider he will turn it around. He'd have done that this season if he could.

So this european tactical genius is just an average of 5 points better than Houllier and you think that's something to write home about?

Seems you're easily pleased, mate as it suggests to me that in reality, there's just one win and 2 draws difference between them. Hardly head and shoulders endorsement, is it?

You Clown,in defence of Benitez no Manager in Liverpool's history as had to put up with the shit behind the scenes,Houllier had stability behind the scenes.

Agreed.

For all the hate (its gotten to that) thrown at the man, you'd think that we won nothing in his time here. And yet, for all his faults (a rational discussion of which is pointless on this forum, of all places), here's what he has done:

European Cup: 1 win, 1 runners up

League: 0 wins, 1 runners up

FA Cup: 1 win

League Cup: 0 wins, 1 runners up

UEFA/Europa: semi-final (to be determined)

Take out the following events:

- a SteveG own goal in the 05 League Cup final

- Macheda's last ditch winner v Villa at Old Trafford (I know they won by 4 points, but I think without that, we would have won the title)

and we could have won every trophy in his first 5 years. How does that match the vitriol thrown at him, I don't know.

And yes, its a fools game to play "what if". One could easily play "what if" another way, and we end up winning nothing at all. But just 2 small "what if's" between Rafa and winning EVERY TROPHY in his first 5 years.

Thats not a huge bridge to gap (which is the only thing you can take away from "what if's" , ie: how close you really are, or not)

Agreed.

For all the hate (its gotten to that) thrown at the man, you'd think that we won nothing in his time here. And yet, for all his faults (a rational discussion of which is pointless on this forum, of all places), here's what he has done:

- Macheda's last ditch winner v Villa at Old Trafford (I know they won by 4 points, but I think without that, we would have won the title)

and we could have won every trophy in his first 5 years. How does that match the vitriol thrown at him, I don't know.

And yes, its a fools game to play "what if". One could easily play "what if" another way, and we end up winning nothing at all. But just 2 small "what if's" between Rafa and winning EVERY TROPHY in his first 5 years.

Thats not a huge bridge to gap (which is the only thing you can take away from "what if's" , ie: how close you really are, or not)

Yossi's goal 24 hours earlier, you forget about that? How many other last minute winners did we get last season, a hell of a lot, its all ifs and buts, IMO since the winter of last season when the negative shit started. Fulham West Ham at home, Arsenal away taken off his only striker when Arsenal go down to ten men etc etc, he's not been the right man for the job, the last 10 games when he'd nothing to lose he decided to play attacking football, this season back to norm, sometimes you gottta say thanks for the good times but its time to move on, as it was with houllier.

I swear. No matter how much care one takes in making an even-handed post, someone will always read 5% of it, and jump the gun.

Yossi's goal 24 hours earlier, you forget about that? How many other last minute winners did we get last season, a hell of a lot, its all ifs and buts

Paddy, as I PREVIOUSLY said:

:wallbutt:

Agreed.

Pointless argument though since all of these above events DID happen and you could easily play this game the other way and with every manager we ever had. What if we had not conceded from an unjust corner in the last minute against Coventry in 1997? Evans would probably have won the league and would be one of THE legends of this club (he should be anyway for his contribution over 30 years).

I think it is a problem with great parts of our support and indeed our management. We constantly talk about 'what ifs', but they do not fucking matter. What if we had more money, what if the Mancs had not scored in injury time blah, blah, blah.

If we, as a club, could start dealing with what is as opposed to what might be or might have been, we may actually get somewhere.

I swear. No matter how much care one takes in making an even-handed post, someone will always read 5% of it, and jump the gun.

Paddy, as I PREVIOUSLY said:

:wallbutt:

Fair enough but thats the thing its all what ifs, what if digger had kept the ball in the corner in 1989, what if Aldo had gone the other way in 1988, thats just the game and it cant be used as a defence for failure.

Oh sweet .... , are you like buses? 2 coming at the same time?

Pointless argument though since all of these above events DID happen and you could easily play this game the other way and with every manager we ever had.

I refer you to the answer I gave the right honourable gentleman some moments ago.

You Clown,in defence of Benitez no Manager in Liverpool's history as had to put up with the shit behind the scenes,Houllier had stability behind the scenes.

You clown. No manager in Liverpool's history has had the money to spend that benitez has.

You bastard. For as long as Liverpool FC remain a top-flight club (argue amongst yourselves what that means), every new manager will always have more money to spend than those who came before him.

Its called inflation.

Guest TesticleOReilly
You clown. No manager in Liverpool's history has had the money to spend that benitez has.

Houllier spent £150M. Adjust for inflation. Add to that Houllier recouping around £70M and that leaves him with the dreaded net spend of £80M. Benitez net spend is around £100M. Adjust that for inflation, too, and you're once again talking poo on both counts. Hugs and kisses.

Houllier spent £150M. Adjust for inflation. Add to that Houllier recouping around £70M and that leaves him with the dreaded net spend of £80M. Benitez net spend is around £100M. Adjust that for inflation, too, and you're once again talking poo on both counts. Hugs and kisses.

Benitez net spend is £85m

I want Rafa to stay just to piss all you half arsed, illiterate fuck wits off. Sitting there listening to scouse house, pranking pete price and omitting vowels. To he honest, fans like you are as much as an anathma as our infamouse owners.

Classic. Don't bring the wheezing vermin into it.

Its easy to say 'adjusted for inflation' blah, blah. benitez has spent over 220m compared to houllier's 150m.

Once again you're talking shit.

You bastard. For as long as Liverpool FC remain a top-flight club (argue amongst yourselves what that means), every new manager will always have more money to spend than those who came before him.

Its called inflation.

Yes and inflation not only inflates the price we pay for a player, it inflates the price we get for a player. Plus other factors have made benitez's net spend look better than it would otherwise be.

benitez's 'net spend' is skewed lower in real terms because a huge injection of the then new tv money inflated all transfers. This meant he was able to get more for players such as crouch and bellamy plus, a massively one off fee for alonso of 30m when 12 month previous he was fully prepared to let him go for less than 15m. (For clarification, alonso's fee wasnt tv revenue inflated.)

That transfer alone massively massages benitez net spend which is why the gross spend is the most realistic yardstick.

But you and a few others carry on with your heads in the clouds.

If this season wasn't bad enough, listening to these whiny little ferrets fanny on just makes things worse. Man up and grow a cock. Rafa should get another season and we should stand up and give him the support he deserves for dragging us back into the modern game.

Posting negative comments in a thread called 'fuck off benitez' makes you a fickle, flaccid cock. No arguments.

I like you.

I'd rep you again if I could.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Its easy to say 'adjusted for inflation' blah, blah. benitez has spent over 220m compared to houllier's 150m.

Once again you're talking shit.

Not as easy, it seems, as ignoring the most basic form of economics. Put it this way, would you rather earn your wage from today, or from 20 years ago?

Don't bother answering. Bored. Ignoring. xxx

Not as easy, it seems, as ignoring the most basic form of economics. Put it this way, would you rather earn your wage from today, or from 20 years ago?

Don't bother answering. Bored. Ignoring. xxx

You forget, we're not talking 20 years difference. But, if you make such simplifications, perhaps that's why you glibly state 'adjusted for inflation' and dont take into consideration one transfer he got 30m when 12 months previous he was desparate, yes, desparate to move the same player out of the club for less than 15m.

You also conveniently forget or dismiss, the tv money inflating all transfers which meant he was able to get more than he paid for several players such as those I mentioned in a previous response.

But dont bother answering because we all know you'll just give some other glib response.

Wenger didn't see Alonso as good value for 14-15 million in the summer of 2008.

Alonso then goes onto have a fantastic season, his stock rises and a rich club on a spending binge from his native country negotiate a massive deal to sign the player.

All down to a rise in TV revenue?

Nah.