You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reserves and Academy

RedLars

jvwA6YwywU4

I was looking for some examples of what this Shelvey guy can do and found this, Raheem Sterling. I'm not getting carried away as for all his stepovers, he doesn't generally beat his man and few of the passes go awry but I love the flick at 0:24.

LDV is training with the first team as cover in case Kuyt and N'Gog don't make the game tomorrow apparently. Obviously he'd be on the bench, but it'll be good for him to be involved. If we are piling on the pressure in the last 10and they are pushed back into their area, I'd bank on him to nab one.

LDV hasn't even proven he's good enough for the reserves yet.

He's struggled.

Yeah, I know but one thing he can do is finish, roll a dice and sometimes it comes up six. I'm just saying we don't have many options if the others are injured, anyway he's training with them, take from that what you will.

Kuyt looks like he was having a full session so he should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

U18s won 4-0 away to Huddersfield yesterday too. N'goo, Coady and 2 for Ince.

Ince at the double for Reds - Liverpool FC

Liverpool U18s wrapped up their Barclays Premier Academy League season with a comprehensive 4-0 victory at Huddersfield on Saturday afternoon.

Rodolfo Borrell's men turned in a sensational performance on a difficult surface to extend their unbeaten run to 10 matches.

Michael Ngoo opened the scoring for the Reds before captain Conor Coady added a second, just days after making his Reserves debut.

Tom Ince sealed the three points with a well-taken brace to ensure the Liverpool youngsters ended the season in style.

Liverpool U18s: Oldfield, Poor (Ihiekwe), Wisdom, Sama, McGiveron, Roddan, Coady, Sterling, Ince, Adjoran (Roberts), Ngoo (Emilsson). Subs: Chamberlain, Silva.

U18s won 4-0 away to Huddersfield yesterday too. N'goo, Coady and 2 for Ince.

Ince at the double for Reds - Liverpool FC

Liverpool U18s wrapped up their Barclays Premier Academy League season with a comprehensive 4-0 victory at Huddersfield on Saturday afternoon.

Rodolfo Borrell's men turned in a sensational performance on a difficult surface to extend their unbeaten run to 10 matches.

Michael Ngoo opened the scoring for the Reds before captain Conor Coady added a second, just days after making his Reserves debut.

Tom Ince sealed the three points with a well-taken brace to ensure the Liverpool youngsters ended the season in style.

Liverpool U18s: Oldfield, Poor (Ihiekwe), Wisdom, Sama, McGiveron, Roddan, Coady, Sterling, Ince, Adjoran (Roberts), Ngoo (Emilsson). Subs: Chamberlain, Silva.

Just watched this now, brilliant play, we have some really skillful players, Ince and Sterling especially. Roddan continued to impress and Coady played well too. Bit interested to see Emilsson come on, he looked kind of awkward, what're people's thoughts on him?

• 3 weeks later...

1493603_w2.jpg

Wisdom (no 6)... what a beast he is going to be. Even in the line-up photo he's just like "what the FUCK are you looking at?"

...we should get Ruddock back just to teach him how to hurt people.

Coady's guide to England hopefuls

Conor Coady hopes to become the first England captain to lift the UEFA European Under-17 Championship trophy on Sunday and gives UEFA.com an insight into his squad-mates.

1 Samuel Johnstone (Manchester United FC, goalkeeper)

Sam's a brilliant goalkeeper. A very lively person who lights up the whole team, a very good person to have around the camp.

2 Bruno Pilatos (Middlesbrough FC, defender)

Bruno's a funny kid! He can be a bit gormless in the head sometimes but he's a top, top player and has done well for us in this tournament playing every game, he's a brilliant player at right-back.

3 Luke Garbutt (Everton, defender)

He's had a run-out for Everton's first team and done really well for us at this tournament. He's a reliable defender who'll always do a job for you and brilliant to have in the camp as well.

4 Conor Coady (Liverpool FC, midfielder)

No comment

5 Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea FC, defender)

He's only 15, he's absolutely brilliant for his age. He comes in and does a job for us in every single game. He's very solid at the back, big built for his age and very strong, he can live up to any expectation you give him.

6 Andre Wisdom (Liverpool FC, midfielder)

Andre plays for the same club as me so I'm with him every single day. He's a brilliant lad and a great mate to have. He's solid on the pitch and very demanding, and you know if he says something you've got to listen to him – and he's right.

7 William Keane (Manchester United FC, winger)

Keane's very quiet around the team. He's a quiet lad on the camp but on the pitch he shows how good he is. He's a brilliant player and he shows it for Manchester United and England.

8 George Thorne (West Bromwich Albion FC, midfielder)

George is funny around the camp, he livens up the team. He makes it a great team spirit, he's a very good player on the pitch and very gifted technically.

9 Benik Afobe (Arsenal FC, forward)

Benik is a fantastic player to have, you know he'll always score goals for you and do a job up front. He's brilliant to have in the team and in and around the hotel he's a very funny player to have with you, he's a great friend.

10 Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion FC, forward)

Saido came in late but he's been a very big bonus to the team. He helps everyone around the team and he's a great laugh. He's a brilliant player when he gets on, he scored a goal so very good for him.

11 Robert Hall (West Ham United FC, winger)

He's still in school. He's a brilliant player, very nippy, very good on the ball, and when it comes to being around the hotel he's a good player to have.

12 Benjamin Gibson (Middlesbrough FC, defender)

Ben came in late, he's been an extreme bonus to the team. He's very good around the hotel and when he played the other night he did a really good job, you can rely on him.

13 Jack Butland (Birmingham City FC, goalkeeper)

He's had some storming games. He's been brilliant around the hotel, he's fantastic to have, a great friend to talk to.

14 Thomas Thorpe (Manchester United FC, defender)

Tom's quite quiet around the hotel, on the pitch he shows how good he is. He's a brilliant player to have in defence, you can always rely on him.

15 Joshua McEachran (Chelsea FC, midfielder)

Technically Josh is really, really good. He's funny in and around the hotel, he likes to have a laugh with you and a little joke, but on the pitch he shows what he's really about.

16 Ross Barkley (Everton, midfielder)

Ross is the joker of the team I'd say. You can just laugh at him, he comes out with some cracking jokes, on and off the pitch he's brilliant.

17 Connor Wickham (Ipswich Town FC, forward)

I think people see him as a target man but I don't think he is. You give him the ball and he can do anything with it, as he showed against France scoring two goals. Brilliant to have around the hotel as well.

18 Luke Williams (Middlesbrough FC, winger)

Luke's quite quiet but he just gets on with his job. When he played against Turkey he did a job for us and you can rely on him. He's done brilliantly.

http://www.uefa.com/under..ews/newsid=1493600.html

• 5 months later...

Time for me to bump this thread again as I can't be arsed with posting in two separate threads. Basically I've done a bit of research into how the loanees have been received.

All seems positive, Notts fans appear to feel that Darby is solid if not the most expansive. Tom Ince has been really well received, "touch of class", "another level" etc. The problems seem to be that he could struggle against physical sides and he was taken off on 72 mins as he started to fade. To be fair though they all pretty much said that he ran himself into the ground, lots of effort. Going to St James' Park to watch them down Exeter next weekend, will report back.

Palsson has also gone down well, people saying his class showed whenever he received the ball. One guy called him a fancy dan! Palsson! Still it appears they felt he lacks a bit of vision.

Judging by the overall attitude all three should be getting plenty of play.

Guest PurpleNose
Time for me to bump this thread again as I can't be arsed with posting in two separate threads. Basically I've done a bit of research into how the loanees have been received.

All seems positive, Notts fans appear to feel that Darby is solid if not the most expansive. Tom Ince has been really well received, "touch of class", "another level" etc. The problems seem to be that he could struggle against physical sides and he was taken off on 72 mins as he started to fade. To be fair though they all pretty much said that he ran himself into the ground, lots of effort. Going to St James' Park to watch them down Exeter next weekend, will report back.Palsson has also gone down well, people saying his class showed whenever he received the ball. One guy called him a fancy dan! Palsson! Still it appears they felt he lacks a bit of vision.

Judging by the overall attitude all three should be getting plenty of play.

May do the same. You going to be in the cow shed? Or posh seats?

Guest PurpleNose
Not a clue, never been to a match at St James' so I'm going to chat to a few regulars at work to see what the best approach will be.

Away terrace might be a go.

Cow shed is £16 I think. You'll have no problems getting tickets at the gate.

Away end may be trickier, small section.

TheFA.com - Team Sheets

Both Coady (as captain) and Robinson played for the u18s tonight.

Kelly also played for the u21s who were beaten by Germany 2-0 (keeper sent off).

Mini Derby - some thoughts

I was well impressed by Coady in the mini derby the other day (just going by what was on LFCTV), consistently kept the ball moving around the midfield and dictated play well at times (which was needed against a team of kickers). I know Dave mentioned him getting a headbutt in a tweet, but he did foul the toffee and goad him while he was getting up. That said his reaction says it all. Coady looks to go brow to brow, the toffee gives him a little butt and Coady laughs at him. The kid seems like a top bloke to have on the field, a real personality. The goal conceded was partly down to him, there was no organisation in the area and as captain he has to take some responsibility there, he'll learn from it though.

The least impressive thing about the mini-derby was Silva's play-acting. Some of it was Nani-esque.

Everton had some decent players (Garbutt and the little winger whose name I can't even pretend to spell) but they were defined by their captain. Basically he's that kid at school that was given the armband because he's "commited". Which at any decent level soon turns into "stupid"... sure enough clever play from Sterling bought repeated cheap set pieces from him. The guy was a meat-head just looking to kick people.

Some of the challenges from the blues were fucking disgusting as well. One early one on Sterling and the late foul on Coady were the worst, the ref should be ashamed for letting the players stay on the pitch, he has a responsibility to protect the youngsters in these games.

Having said all that, my impression from the highlights was that Flanagan was our MoM. Looked brilliant and the run that resulted in the (missed) penalty was absolutely top-drawer. I had my doubts when Dave was waxing lyrical about him last year, but he is improving every time I see him.

Smith, Sterling and Sama had good games too, I'm sure Ngoo would have wanted to do more with his chances though.

• 1 month later...