You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has Alberto Fucked the Arse off Montse?

Red Nick

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roma must have pissed their pants when the deal for AA was put to them last summer they probably bought a couple of decent players on the money they will get for the crock they offloaded , look where they are in the league after winning the LFC lottery because thats what it must of felt like .

He'll be dropped for Lucas on Thursday no doubt.

If you think back to Aquilani's last three games for us, he's actually done really well. I think he's a very good player and given a run of 10-15 games he'd prove it.

He'll never get that run under Benitez though, it seems.

Think he was great today, hopefully he can rest up in the summer as i dont think he'll be in the italy wc squad and rafa has some time to work with him.

Dont think he willl be sold personaly, you can see the things in his game which would worry rafa, hopefully he can improve his work rate and stamina over the break.

He'll be dropped for Lucas on Thursday no doubt.

If you think back to Aquilani's last three games for us, he's actually done really well. I think he's a very good player and given a run of 10-15 games he'd prove it.

He'll never get that run under Benitez though, it seems.

We dont agree on that much but I am with you on this 100%

Was watching one of his few games with a fellow formite down here on the coast in Spain we both remarked how much he was an old style LFC Player ie right in the shanks mould of Pass N Move, however you will never see the best out of him in a Rafa team. For example if he was playing for Arsenal we would all be complaining. why cant we buy players like that.

Always said Aquilani had an eye for goal....

The other one drifted off towards the bench.

Woo, can you teach an old cunt how to use a phone?

(Or point him in the right direction. This isn't, to your possible disapointment, a grooming exercise)

Seriously, point an old twat in the right direction

Woo, can you teach an old cunt how to use a phone?

(Or point him in the right direction. This isn't, to your possible disapointment, a grooming exercise)

Seriously, point an old twat in the right direction

It depends on the phone, I'd imagine.

A more detailed PM may be required before we can procede towards solving this dilemma.

We got the same phone, (partly) from the same TLW thread.

I am 37. You are not.......

I am turning into my dad

Ah right, I see now.

Any questions you have regarding it, feel free to send me a PM/email, mate. More than happy to help.

I think he's a really, really good player. Look at his last few appearances:

Tonight - scored and was brilliant in the first half.

Burnley - assists.

Fulham - Most likely player to score before being dragged off.

Portsmouth - scored, MOTM.

He's a really good player, but Benitez just doesn't rate him.

I think he's a really, really good player. Look at his last few appearances:

Tonight - scored and was brilliant in the first half.

Burnley - assists.

Fulham - Most likely player to score before being dragged off.

Portsmouth - scored, MOTM.

He's a really good player, but Benitez just doesn't rate him.

I agree Ian, I think he's a very accomplished player.

I think tonight showed a bit of both why we bought him and also why Rafa hasn’t played him.

He’s good on the ball but so completely lightweight that he can’t play centre midfield.

If we’re going to keep him we’ll have to move Gerrard back into the centre and play Aquilani in the hole. I don’t mind that really as Gerrard bombing from deep in the first half (and occasionally in the second) looked really good.

Still, I think people have been overrating his performances a bit just because we’ve been so poor this season. I don’t really think he’s done anything so far that makes me think he was ever worth 18 or 20 million quid, but then because Rafa hasn’t picked him that much he hasn’t really had the chance to get going properly.

The reason Benitez doesn't rate him is that he does not, or will not, take defensive responsibility. In the role he was bought for, to play back with Masch but join Gerrard in attack, this is a problem.

It's been clear as day since the first glimpses we got of him that the solution is to play Gerrard in that role and put Aquilani forward of him, IF we actually want to use him. This has the added advantage of saving Gerrard's legs over the next few years so we can get more out of him. It would also put Lucas on the bench, where in my opinion he belongs.

I've had doubts previously over whether Aquilani can be good enough in the attacking midfield role to justify breaking up the Gerrard/Torres partnership. I think last night showed that it could work really well. The understanding Alberto had with Gerrard was suberb, and his ability on the ball was allowing Stevie to join the attack very effectively, particularly in the first half before we went into our shell.