You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lose against Chelsea if it guaranteed the Mancs didnt win 19?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Lose against Chelsea if it guaranteed the Mancs didnt win 19?

• Yes
    • No

Are you sure he was there? there were thousands of Liverpool fans cheering when Blackburn took the lead. It was a very strange atmosphere.

Yes, he was. He said that's what happened- a few cheered when Shearer scored, but as the game went on, he said the mood changed. I'm not sure whether that means a few people around him or the ground in general, but he said that the attitude changed to 'fuck off, if you deserve to win it then you will.'

Just going by what he said because I wasn't there.

Didn't stop the most confused celebration ever when Redknapp scored. For some reason, I love listening to it when I see that goal on the telly- a kind of 'YEEEEAAAAHHH-OOOOOOOOOHHH.'

Are you sure he was there? there were thousands of Liverpool fans cheering when Blackburn took the lead. It was a very strange atmosphere.

It was bizarre to say the least but I think after the game settled down our fans did get behind us in the main. There was some playful booing when we touched the ball in the first couple of minutes or so.

To think some of our fans were wearing Blackburn shirts that day is fucking mad. Anyone caught wearing a Chelsea shirt on May 2nd deserves the shit kicked out of them.

Yes, he was. He said that's what happened- a few cheered when Shearer scored, but as the game went on, he said the mood changed. I'm not sure whether that means a few people around him or the ground in general, but he said that the attitude changed to 'fuck off, if you deserve to win it then you will.'

Just going by what he said because I wasn't there.

Didn't stop the most confused celebration ever when Redknapp scored. For some reason, I love listening to it when I see that goal on the telly- a kind of 'YEEEEAAAAHHH-OOOOOOOOOHHH.'

Most people knew United weren't winning, that's the reason the mood changed.

I can't believe what I'm reading here. Some people on this forum need to get their shit together. Have we become Everton in red?

The last day game against Blackburn was slightly before my match-going time, but I've spoke to my dad about it and whether or not he wanted us to lose. He said that he obviously didn't want the Mancs to win, but he didn't want us to lose the game. Basically, what he told me is one of the reasons why I'm proud to be a red; because he said you could see that Blackburn turned up that day expecting an easy ride and us to roll over, but we didn't. He said the collective attitude of the crowd was 'fuck you- if you win the League then you've got to earn it'. Obviously the outcome we all wanted happened that day, so hopefully if it comes down to it when we play Chelsea, the same thing happens.

There's an inevitability to the Mancs winning number 19. If it doesn't happen this year, it'll only happen next year or the year after that. We've had 20 years to get our house in order and we've been a shambles.

In the cold light of day, all we have is our history. I'm sick of people going '18' or '5 times' on auto pilot because we look a million miles from adding to either of those totals as it stands.

And this is what we've become. Acting like fans of small time club saying we should lose. Get a fucking grip.

Spot On, I never want us to lose, I remember a couple of idiots buying Blackburn shirts. There is an inevitability to the Mancs winning number 19 but we have no one else to blame but the way Liverpool has been run for the last 20 odd years. We have had ample opportunities to improve our tally over that period but have continually mis managed or wasted money. We need another regime to come and shake this club from its slumber the same way Shankly did in the 60's. We are Liverpool fans and all we should care about is Liverpool not the fuckin nomarks over the park, or the glory hunting twats down the east lancs or West London. I agree that when they do win 19 this will be the kick in the arse we need. I want to believe we will one day get a coach and setup and a coach will stand in front of a group of players in red and say "Lets knock them of their fuckin perch".

Just to emphasise we are Liverpool and I dont want anyone to beat us regardless of what it means else where.

Most people knew United weren't winning, that's the reason the mood changed.

That's probably one reason like, but a goal at Upton Park would have changed everything and seeing as United were battering West Ham, the destiny of the title was far from certain even going into the last few minutes.

Guest Super Sub

I think it will get up the mancs noses more if we beat Chavs and they won the league because of a defeat we inflicted on Chavs, than them losing the league because we lied down and let them beat us.

If we can take one thing about united winning the league it will be the dignity of us beating Chavs handing united the league.

I can't believe what I'm reading here. Some people on this forum need to get their shit together. Have we become Everton in red?

The last day game against Blackburn was slightly before my match-going time, but I've spoke to my dad about it and whether or not he wanted us to lose. He said that he obviously didn't want the Mancs to win, but he didn't want us to lose the game. Basically, what he told me is one of the reasons why I'm proud to be a red; because he said you could see that Blackburn turned up that day expecting an easy ride and us to roll over, but we didn't. He said the collective attitude of the crowd was 'fuck you- if you win the League then you've got to earn it'. Obviously the outcome we all wanted happened that day, so hopefully if it comes down to it when we play Chelsea, the same thing happens.

There's an inevitability to the Mancs winning number 19. If it doesn't happen this year, it'll only happen next year or the year after that. We've had 20 years to get our house in order and we've been a shambles.

In the cold light of day, all we have is our history. I'm sick of people going '18' or '5 times' on auto pilot because we look a million miles from adding to either of those totals as it stands.

And this is what we've become. Acting like fans of small time club saying we should lose. Get a fucking grip.

Best post on here for ages. There are some hysterical people on here at times but I'd never thought I'd see fans of our club wanting us to lose as some clearly do

Everyone seems to missing the point here.

Our players will never go out or be sent out to lose.

The question that needs to be asked is what team will Rafa send out for the Chelsea game. It'll all depends on how we get on before we play that game. Another thing to consider is the Atleti games.

Even though he's a stubborn fuck, he's not stupid. There's no hiding his hatred of the cunt and he'll know the implications of us beating Chelsea, in terms of possibly handing number 19 to the Manc cunts. Lets see what happens in the next round of Premiership games firstly. I'm sure Spurs will get bummed as usual at the toilet.

Will he risk the wrath of Fergie cunt and the FA and put out a weakened team?

That's the question that needs asking, as the Premiership this time of the season has always maintained it's integrity.

Seeing as 4th place will have been decided by then ie we wont be in with a chance of 4th, I wont be surprised if chelsea did win at Anfield.

Besides, it would be another nail in Benitez's coffin so every dark cloud and all that.

Holloway really is crazy. Tells it like it is too. If his team has been shit, he says so. Not like the loser we have in charge who chucks the towel in at Reading and birmingham.

Fucking hypocritical dickhead.

To be honest, without our record, we are no better than Everton. So yeah, we are Everton in red once that goes. We'll just be another team that's won stuff in the past and nothing more. No bigger than Forest.

I want us to win and I don't give a fuck who wins the league. United or Chelsea? It's like chosing between Hicks and Gillett or Fred and Rose West isn't it.

If United do win the league then so be it; well done. We should use it as motivation to spur us on to more success ourselves. If they do overtake us it doesn't deminish our achievements in anyway, we'll still have won 18 league titles.

Come August we go again and try and win OUR 19th, as we have done every autumn since 1990. Let's focus on ourselves and not United, or anyone else for that matter. Get our own house in order and we'll have a much better chance of winning number 19.

• Upvote 1

I want us to win and I don't give a fuck who wins the league. United or Chelsea? It's like chosing between Hicks and Gillett or Fred and Rose West isn't it.

If United do win the league then so be it; well done. We should use it as motivation to spur us on to more success ourselves. If they do overtake us it doesn't deminish our achievements in anyway, we'll still have won 18 league titles.

Come August we go again and try and win OUR 19th, as we have done every autumn since 1990. Let's focus on ourselves and not United, or anyone else for that matter. Get our own house in order and we'll have a much better chance of winning number 19.

Everyone seems to missing the point here.

Our players will never go out or be sent out to lose.

The question that needs to be asked is what team will Rafa send out for the Chelsea game. It'll all depends on how we get on before we play that game. Another thing to consider is the Atleti games.

Even though he's a stubborn fuck, he's not stupid. There's no hiding his hatred of the cunt and he'll know the implications of us beating Chelsea, in terms of possibly handing number 19 to the Manc cunts. Lets see what happens in the next round of Premiership games firstly. I'm sure Spurs will get bummed as usual at the toilet.

Will he risk the wrath of Fergie cunt and the FA and put out a weakened team?

That's the question that needs asking, as the Premiership this time of the season has always maintained it's integrity.

Hmmm. I remember Paisley telling the boys not to try too hard at home after we'd won the title and Sunderland who we played needed 3 points to avoid relegation.

Not sure if that was the season we took a couple of point out of 7 games once we'd won the title but it does happen sometimes.

Fucking hypocritical dickhead.

Totally consistent, dickhead.

• 9 years later...
On 18/04/2010 at 03:13, Redshadow said:

Sorry; Meant to say for part of that;

''And I haven't even mentioned yet the disgusting cadre of managers who just 'happen' to have been either previously associated with OR players of Ferguson whose teams line up to give them three points year in-year out Home AND Away - You know? Roy Keane, Steve Bruce, ANY Wigan Manager (Courtesy of Dave 'I love Alex' Whelan their Chairman), Bryan Robson, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince etc, etc The list goes on and is just Disgusting in it's implications. Also, don't you find it funny how those teams of these ex-players of Fergies's (Sunderland, Wigan, Blackburn, City, Boro' etc) Often fight to the death against ALL the other Title Contenders but when it comes to United? They often surrender without a fight? Indeed, on at least one such occasion, such skullduggery has decided THE destination of the League Title at the end of the season - Does anyone remember Emile Heskey in the VERY last minute at Stamford Bridge a few seasons back? I do and even Ferguson pinpointed THAT as the moment his side won the 2007/2008 title - WHO were Heskey's team at the time? Wigan Athletic. Their manager? Why one Steven Bruce of course. Make of that what you will..........

Come back please.

• Upvote 1

Didn't Stevie hit a shit back-pass in that game, enabling Drogba to score? He usually gave Thierry Henry that sort of gift. Actually, Chelsea have been a very unlucky opponent for Stevie. He's had a bad back-pass gift them a goal. He had that unfortunate slip 5 years ago. He even scored an own goal against them in a League Cup final.