You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lose against Chelsea if it guaranteed the Mancs didnt win 19?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Lose against Chelsea if it guaranteed the Mancs didnt win 19?

• Yes
    • No

The ultimate nightmare scenario is now looming large

Speaking to mates and opinions are split right down the middle

Beat Chelsea and hand the mancs their 19 league title, thus overtaking us as the most successful English club domestically and fulfilling Taggarts 22year dream of "knocking us off our fucking perch"

or

Lose to Chelsea, who then win the title at Anfield. Mongo, Lampard et al winning a League Championship in our backyard.

Personally speaking, and I hate to say this, but pour me a pint of Bitter and hand me my blue shirt because I'd happily see us lose that day if it meant them cunts not winning the league. I hate myself for saying this, it goes against everything I stand for. But, I believe the mancs are on the wain and I'm still harbouring a faint desperate hope that we may just sort ourselves out this summer and spend some money. Therefor I'm hoping that the "they'll over take us sooner or later anyway" idea is wide of the mark.

What does everyone think?

In normal circumstances i'd say 'We are Liverpool.... lets dot he best we can possibly do and then see what happens' but i've become bitter/pissed off and depressed about football so...... I hope we field a team of 14 year olds, lose the game and Chelsea win the league by a point. Fuck the reprisals (hopefully we'd still be in a positon to say we've a Uefa Cup final to plan for) - the reaction of Fergie would be fucking priceless.

Hopefully he might have a heart attack.

I started supporting Liverpool in 1995 when we beat Blackburn 2-1 and they were crowned champions at Anfield. Man Utd drew with West Ham that day and came second. If Man Utd had won that day they would have been champions.

We should always try our best to win no matter what.

I think that Everton can still finish above us.

I really couldn't give a shiny shit about that. This season has been as much fun as a bout of dysentry which turned into arse cancer. It would be quite fitting to choose the chelsea game to produce one of around five decent performances this term and hand the vermin number 19.

I'd cheer on a child molester select eleven if it stopped those cunts winning something.

The ultimate nightmare scenario is now looming large

Speaking to mates and opinions are split right down the middle

Beat Chelsea and hand the mancs their 19 league title, thus overtaking us as the most successful English club domestically and fulfilling Taggarts 22year dream of "knocking us off our fucking perch"

or

Lose to Chelsea, who then win the title at Anfield. Mongo, Lampard et al winning a League Championship in our backyard.

Personally speaking, and I hate to say this, but pour me a pint of Bitter and hand me my blue shirt because I'd happily see us lose that day if it meant them cunts not winning the league. I hate myself for saying this, it goes against everything I stand for. But, I believe the mancs are on the wain and I'm still harbouring a faint desperate hope that we may just sort ourselves out this summer and spend some money. Therefor I'm hoping that the "they'll over take us sooner or later anyway" idea is wide of the mark.

What does everyone think?

I think the words "Bitter" and "blue" go well with that sentiment.

Guest PurpleNose
You won't be able to shrug aside the feelings of nausea when you are forced (yet a fucking gain) to watch purple nose and rat boy absolutely GRINDING our faces in it with "ah well , at least we beat Chelsea"

And you know that as well as all the United fans, the media will shove it in our faces for years to come.

The day that Liverpool, with nothing to play for, gifted the title to United, to take them to 19.