You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Instant cunt identifiers

Remmie

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Its only done when I'm being compassionate. It is the right thing to do to show that it isn't sarcasm. 

But you know what, I actually agree. Its not really done consciously. I like to think I'm a nice guy. Who am I kidding. It can go straight in the bin with the 'lols' and smiley cunts. 

You cunt. 

x

Part of the reason I gave up on Facebook, me cousins throwing fucking kisses around at the end of messages. Yet at the same time taking the piss out of the “u ok hun” it’s the same mentality, not everything has to be a pisstake, that’s sound, but sticking a fucking x in is like a fucking 13 year old girl. Shows a lack of literacy that you cannot express yourself without resorting to teenage shorthand, or it’s just a lazy and somewhat empty gesture.

FU

7 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We used to call the living room the kitchen and the kitchen the back kitchen. Must have been to to with people years ago spending a lot of time in the actual kitchen due to small houses, big families. Probably just us with grandparents from off Hayworth St.

Same here, I think kitchen is old school for when it was all one room, then people started getting a separate kitchen so this became the back kitchen. I was Brought up by grand parents born in the 20’s and 30’s.

11 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Dinner is the midday meal, hence dinner ladies, dinner money, school dinners. The other hint this is right, they all revolve around school the place where we are educated on correct use of language.

So when you work late are you on detention? 

xx

Just now, TK421 said:

So when you work late are you on detention? 

xx

It would depend on whether or bit I have been a bad lad or not wouldn’t it. Or maybe I’m doing my homework, or some extra curricular activities. But really let’s be honest, it’s a bit of a shit response. As it’s not detention, as you are not being detained, you are free to leave, there maybe consequences however, so no, not detention, not at all.

9 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Part of the reason I gave up on Facebook, me cousins throwing fucking kisses around at the end of messages. Yet at the same time taking the piss out of the “u ok hun” it’s the same mentality, not everything has to be a pisstake, that’s sound, but sticking a fucking x in is like a fucking 13 year old girl. Shows a lack of literacy that you cannot express yourself without resorting to teenage shorthand, or it’s just a lazy and somewhat empty gesture.

FU

Go fuck yourself.  x

5 hours ago, Remmie said:

The ambassador was said to have looked very suave at the reception, decked out in fine jewellery and a resplendent teajacket

The ambassador is a cunt, and we didn’t see many of them growing up in Liverpool. 
to be fair it’s deffo a class thing, the fact it’s more common now to use the l word is symptomatic of those who have “left” the working class and forgotten their roots (certainly in the north west).

4 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

It would depend on whether or bit I have been a bad lad or not wouldn’t it. Or maybe I’m doing my homework, or some extra curricular activities. But really let’s be honest, it’s a bit of a shit response. As it’s not detention, as you are not being detained, you are free to leave, there maybe consequences however, so no, not detention, not at all.

Good luck in your final semester

Xx

Completely disagree it's a class thing with Lunch/Dinner/Tea, class only comes into it if they say supper. Cricketers say lunch and tea for fucks sake!

It's completely regional as many have rightly observed, most of the English speaking world say Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The North and parts of the Midlands like saying Dinner for lunch and then Tea in the evening, never noticed what Scottish, Welsh and Irish people say.

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Completely disagree it's a class thing with Lunch/Dinner/Tea, class only comes into it if they say supper. Cricketers say lunch and tea for fucks sake!

It's completely regional as many have rightly observed, most of the English speaking world say Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The North and parts of the Midlands like saying Dinner for lunch and then Tea in the evening, never noticed what Scottish, Welsh and Irish people say.

Some people just like to be as Yozzer Hughes as they can on an internet forum when in reality they are fuck all like that and wouldn't correct Mr Bean if he said dinner at tea-time. 

Oh its still brekkie, dinner then tea by the way you wannabe middle class cunt. 

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

"Fuck off you english bastards".

Just guessing like .

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Same here, I think kitchen is old school for when it was all one room, then people started getting a separate kitchen so this became the back kitchen. I was Brought up by grand parents born in the 20’s and 30’s.

I was brought up by grandparents of the same era as my mum and dad waited years for a house suitable for a child. Some of the gentry on here had duvets when they were kids. Probably cut the crusts off sarnies too.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

We had a supper later on after our dinner.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I was brought up by grandparents of the same era as my mum and dad waited years for a house suitable for a child. Some of the gentry on here had duvets when they were kids. Probably cut the crusts off sarnies too.

Had to use a towel for a while, and for a bit longer just the quilt cover and no quilt inside it. Horrible gong to sleep with socks, trackies and a jumper on. 

15 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Scottish all say tea.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Fella called zeb, deffo middle class. Indicated by the use of cricketers day lunch and tea, cricket is a very middle class sport, it’s played at lords get fucks sake.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Some people just like to be as Yozzer Hughes as they can on an internet forum when in reality they are fuck all like that and wouldn't correct Mr Bean if he said dinner at tea-time. 

Oh its still brekkie, dinner then tea by the way you wannabe middle class cunt. 

Yosser was a manc in the beginning, you wouldn’t have got that yer wool. Him and Loggo went on the rob, which got them kicked off the black stuff, and they were the tea leaves.

58 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Had to use a towel for a while, and for a bit longer just the quilt cover and no quilt inside it. Horrible gong to sleep with socks, trackies and a jumper on. 

Dunno if it was Tommy Tiernan or Dylan Moran did a bit on going away to uni for the first time and their ma had packed them a duvet and quilt cover as they were going to London. He brought a bird back for the first time and she pissed herself laughing when he climbed into the quilt cover with the duvet.

it may have been Ed Byrne.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Interesting. I’d always assumed it was a class thing and that, historically at least, working class people in this country, regardless of region, said dinner and tea and the middle classes said lunch and dinner. When watching episodes of Eastenders from the 1980s, Pauline Fowler prepares Arthur’s evening meal, a meal she calls tea.

Nowadays, I see and hear so many people, Northerners and Southerners, referring to their midday meal as lunch. I just assumed this was another Americanism that had crept in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Interesting. I’d always assumed it was a class thing and that, historically at least, working class people in this country, regardless of region, said dinner and tea and the middle classes said lunch and dinner. When watching episodes of Eastenders from the 1980s, Pauline Fowler prepares Arthur’s evening meal, a meal she calls tea.

Nowadays, I see and hear so many people, Northerners and Southerners, referring to their midday meal as lunch. I just assumed this was another Americanism that had crept in.

It's a creeping cunt's trick.

1 hour ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Fella called zeb, deffo middle class. Indicated by the use of cricketers day lunch and tea, cricket is a very middle class sport, it’s played at lords get fucks sake.

I don't say tea though I say Dinner as evening meal. My point was if posh cricketers say tea is it really a class thing?

I maintain its regional though with plenty of exceptions like the one Tony provided. It's said that everyone in Liverpool says Dinner and Tea but does that mean all Scousers are working class? Milton Keynes is a new city so has lots of influences from around the country but 80%+ would say lunch over dinner.

Not that any of that matters anyway, I mean who the fuck knows what class they are in today's society. Some may look at my double barrelled name, vegetarianism and my living in the Home counties as the trifecta of middle class bingo but I spent part of my childhood living in squats and a shared house with 4+ non sibling other children, family never had a car, my Northerner dad's job on my birth certificate says road sweeper. What the fuck does this make me?