You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barclays Capital Appointed to Find a Purchaser for the Club

redheart

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They've been looking to sell it for some time if they get an unrealistic amount of money. What's changed?

That they are looking to sell the entire football club, both out of necessity and out of desire to leave.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Again, what's new?

Again, that they are looking to sell the entire football club, not a minority share. Not just because they are being forced to, either.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They've always been ready to sell the entire club for the right price. We're just going round in circles now though.

One of them was willing to sell his entire stake, the other wanted to sell a minority and hold on until the stadium was built and make a much bigger profit.

Hopefully we'll see something concrete and soon.

It would be great if RBS demanded repayment of the loan and the two cunts had no choice but to sell for a reasonable price. Maybe then we'd have a chance of getting some responsible owners in.

They've always been ready to sell the entire club for the right price. We're just going round in circles now though.

Have they? That's news to me to be fair, I'm aware they've looked for people to come in and basically give them cash for not much in return, but was always under the impression they were pretty much imovable, with Hicks especially determined to dig in.

I'm allowing myself to feel a little nugget of optimism here, I deserve it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think that, as a fan base, we've become so pessimistic because of their antics that it has become hard for us to see good news. This is good news.

Have they? That's news to me to be fair, I'm aware they've looked for people to come in and basically give them cash for not much in return, but was always under the impression they were pretty much imovable, with Hicks especially determined to dig in.

Fair enough, I'm completely drained of optimism.

They would have sold to DIC if they'd offered a billion a year after buying the club though, if we are to believe the same press we're believing now.

The price has come down, but they'll never find someone willing to pay £600 million either. This will play out until they have no other choice than to accept a fair value.

Nothing to see here. This is what the 3rd or 4th company we have approached to find the owners someone to invest a minority?

On a completely different subject, did SoS have anything planned for our next game?

Got it in one. Dunno why people seem to be excited by this news. Those two could appoint the guvenor of the bank of england but if they hold out for the amount of money they want, they wont sell the club.

Let me say that again, if they want too much money for the club, there will be no buyers.

Let's just say, that if someone employed me to sell Chelsea, I wouldn't do too god a job. I'd get them sold, but I wouldn't pick anyone that would add to our worries.

but then that wouldn't look good on your cv when you next went for a top job.but if on your cv it had that you had sold chelsea to one of the richest men in the world,all kinds a doors would open for you.maybe even the chance of selling liverpool to THE richest man in the world,who might even keep you on as liverpool chairman.