You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election

JER

Who will you vote for (if at all?)  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for (if at all?)

• Labour
    • Tories
    • Lib Dems

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the option for revolution?

Among other things, the Natural Law Party proposed to:

Establish a team of 1,000 yogic flyers. According to the party, such a group "dissolves collective stress, as indicated by significant reductions in crime, unemployment, sickness, and accidents, and improved economic indicators and quality of life";

Introduce daily Transcendental Meditation for all school students;

Establish a group of yogic flyers in the armed forces, who would provide an "invincible defence". According to the party, yogic flying would result in "the raising of coherence within the country, thereby replacing negative socioeconomic indicators with positive indicators, and the radiating of positivity and harmony to all other nations";

Lower taxes, as yogic flyers will supposedly increase prosperity, allowing the government to collect the same amount of money with a lower tax rate; and,

Ban genetic engineering, and encourage organic farming.

SD isn't going to like me for this, but I really can't take to Clegg at all, he comes across a smug, shouty get.

Agreed. Strange that the Lib Dems greatest asset (Vince Cable) is not their leader. If he was, I think they'd have a serious chance to dramatically increase their number of seats in parliament.

All I know is this county has gone fucking downhill under the Labour party over the past decade. I've seen it get worse day by day. Lib Dems are just a joke.

Even though I don't like them, I'll be voting Conservatives. I have never voted for the before or even considered doing so ever.

Always voted Labour before, but enough is enough.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
All I know is this county has gone fucking downhill under the Labour party over the past decade.

I can't see that that's true at all.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I've seen it with my own eyes mate.

Are you honestly telling me you haven't?

I've seen many things get much better. Some things have got worse, just like they do under any government. I can't see how your statement that the country has gone downhill is true, with the exception of the global financial crisis that has hit fairly hard.

You think things are bad now? You wait 'til the Conservatives get in and show their reptilian skin that lies beneath that fake shiny plastic exterior.

picture1ksi.png

What has gone so bad that you're voting for these horrid cunts?

All this shit about the wives is getting on my tits. "could Clegg's Spanish wife be his secret weapon!?" Why the fuck should she be?!?

I think it says a lot for our society that we could be electing our next leaders based on how the perform on a single live debate and on the basis that their wife calls them 'Dave' and not 'David' meaning he is therefore 'down with the kids'.

Brown could still turn it around though if he's spotted weeping at a Susan Boyle concert.

Is it just me, or is politics starting to seem as shallow and as estranged from its roots as a certain sport the name of which can not be mentioned?

Tony Blair, what did you do?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
All this shit about the wives is getting on my tits. "could Clegg's Spanish wife be his secret weapon!?" Why the fuck should she be?!?

I think it says a lot for our society that we could be electing our next leaders based on how the perform on a single live debate and on the basis that their wife calls them 'Dave' and not 'David' meaning he is therefore 'down with the kids'.

Brown could still turn it around though if he's spotted weeping at a Susan Boyle concert.

Is it just me, or is politics starting to seem as shallow and as estranged from its roots as a certain sport the name of which can not be mentioned?

Tony Blair, what did you do?

I am a blue blood I will admit that.

I dance in blue shoes and wear a blue hat.

Live in a blue house, on a blue street,

in a blue town by a blue creek.

I write my blue songs with my blue pen.

I sing the blue notes to my blue friends.

Now I don't know that much about you,

but I like you because you’re true blue.

I had a blue dream about a blue star.

In it I drove there in my blue car.

And when I got there, I met a blue dog

with a blue tongue, we had some real fun.

We bounced a blue ball. It broke a blue glass.

We banged on blue drums and called it bluegrass.

Guess the thing I'm trying to tell you,

is that it’s best kid if you're true blue.

Once I had gangrene, I got it real bad.

And so the Doc came with his black bag.

I said "You know doc, I don't feel swell.

If you had a blue bag I think I'd feel well."

So he came right back with a blue sack.

He said, "Will this do?" I said, "Why not? Yeah."

That’s how I am here today to tell you,

that it’s best man to be true blue.

Out on the blue sea I sailed a blue ship.

I had a first mate, always had blue lips.

His name was Bluebeard.

He had a weird twitch.

We flew a blue flag on a big stick.

And we ate bluegill and we ate blue chips.

Oh, I felt real blue eating that blue fish.

Because there ain't much that I won't do,

unless it keeps me from being true blue.

Once in a blue moon there’s a blue sky.

I wear my blue jeans and fly my blue kite.

Hangs like a bluebird until the wind dies

and then the tears pour out of my blue eyes.

If it’s your birthday, we'll bake a blue cake

and then we'll eat it off these blue plates.

‘cause kid I don't know much about you,

but I like you because you're true blue.

Yeah, I don't know much about you,

but I like you ‘cause you're true blue.

Tactical Voting*UK General Election 2010**www.tacticalvoting.org

Scroll down a page and you'll see who you need to vote for in order to stop the Conservatives from getting into power.

Looks like a Labour vote for me. I was thinking about Lib Dems but I'd rather a Tory loss than a Lib Dem win. The latter appears very unlikely give those numbers.

All I know is this county has gone fucking downhill under the Labour party over the past decade. I've seen it get worse day by day. Lib Dems are just a joke.

Even though I don't like them, I'll be voting Conservatives. I have never voted for the before or even considered doing so ever.

Always voted Labour before, but enough is enough.

I can't see that that's true at all.

Nor me. I was 22 in '97 and things have gone pretty well for me in the intervening years. There's all this intangible "gone to the dogs" Daily Mail bullshit and its empty headed crap by and large.

Read through the Independents round up of policies today and I gotta say, some of the Tory ones are hilarious, the big news story today is the marriage tax breaks... because giving people a financial incentive to pointlessly stay in broken down relationships can NEVER backfire... inb4littlemo

also, the suggestion that one of their ideas will increase the number of faith schools in the country... what a terrible idea! People learning monocultural perspectives in a multicultural society is only ever going to widen social divides, but oh well, that kind of is the tories prime purpose. That's before I even approach their plans for the economy... cut inheritance tax? yay, go nepotism!!

Lib Dems for me, Vince Cable as chancellor puts them well ahead of the rest imo, even if their environment pledges seem a little rose-tinted.

The idea that people get divorced because marriage doesn't offer enough tax breaks is the thought process of a maniac. If they or anyone else wants to help the cause of marriage, maybe they should see if they can get the price of a starter home down to below nine hundred million grand.

I agree, although I don't think I phrased my original post very well. The tories' talk is all about "strengthening the institution" which is utterly pointless when you consider that it's an increasingly outdated one. Mind you, they're perfectly happy to undermine this country's truly great institutions... the socially owned ones...

If they wanted to actually offer change and strengthen "the family" then they'd offer breaks based around the child rather than the status of the parents.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
All i want to know is will the general election outcome have any effect on petrol prices? I'm pissed off with the rising prices.

Yeah, if you vote for Labour they will give you cheaper petrol.

All i want to know is will the general election outcome have any effect on petrol prices? I'm pissed off with the rising prices.

The most recent rise is partly down to the weak pound as oil prices are traded in $US. So if the pound gains strength it might reduce the price a little.

I was staggered to see the cost at around £1.20 a litre recently though. I don't drive anymore and haven't for about 5 or 6 years, back then I remember buying fuel at around 75p or 80p a litre.

It takes the piss, for the first time ever I'm actually factoring it into my decisions, for instance I've been looking at another job, but the cost of actually getting there (not that far, about 15 miles) and parking means I'll probably be out of pocket so might swerve it. Problem is, they've got you coming and going, because public transport is expensive too. The country really doesn't ever give you a break, it feels like you're constantly treading water. Things like buying a house are as unrealistic a dream for me now as it was when I was four, I haven't got a pension, and even shit like physically getting around is now becoming expensive.

These are the issues that matter, making the country somewhere were you can actually afford to make plans and fucking live.