You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

I can understand people wanting the Special Twat here as Rafa's replacement, but I see not many people who are creaming themselves at the prospect offer a 'realistic' option as an alternative to softening their blow of him not coming. Which I believe is this case.

How many managers like The Twat, or Guardiola would leave where they are to come to a club thats a shambles more off than on the pitch?

My ideal replacement for Rafa would be Guardiola for simply his football style, and also he could carry on the youth development that Rafa has built (admittedly it's in it's early stages and no success has come from it yet) without too much upheaval.

If not one of my favourite midfielders then one of my favourite dutch players in Rijkaard.

I don't want Mourinho anywhere near Liverpool Football Club as his tactics offer no difference to Rafa's and people are moaning about them constantly. Their styles are no different, it's just the personalites that are.

They will pay him what he wants. Plus if rumours are to be believed we will be getting investment sooner rather than later.

But even if we weren't, this would be the biggest feather in Mourinho's cap. Taking on Baconface, taking over from a rival, a different sort of job and if he could deliver us the league, it will outrank everything he has achieved before.

If he's as egotistical as people say he is, he will take it.

That's a pretty huge "if" right there! If we get fresh investment then the whole landscape changes. But that still seems pretty far off to me.

Maybe you're right and that it would be the biggest feather for Mourinho, who knows? But it still doesn't change the fact that he can see so clearly that he has no chance of doing that here with the funds currently available!

They will pay him what he wants. Plus if rumours are to be believed we will be getting investment sooner rather than later.

But even if we weren't, this would be the biggest feather in Mourinho's cap. Taking on Baconface, taking over from a rival, a different sort of job and if he could deliver us the league, it will outrank everything he has achieved before.

If he's as egotistical as people say he is, he will take it.

Kinel Ant where do you pull these from.

The owners are skint, no money, fuck all to spend yet you expect them to sack a manager and pay him off plus then pay compensation to Inter Milan and then pay the new manager double what we currently pay.

Plus you then expect the owners to suddenly find another £30-70m to help fund the new players we require.

Don't worry though cos there is a sugar daddy just waiting to buy us.

Are the Moomins your neighbours Ant in that little world you live in.

But Ant the bad man told us to 'ssssshhhhhush'

If you get wound up by that you really do need to sort it out.

I was there that day and wanted to rip his fucking head of, but you grow up don't you?

Football is like a pantomime sometimes and people can take it far too personally. Don't get me wrong, i'm still as passionate about it as i've ever been during the match with emotions etc, but I suppose as you get older you naturally become more objective.

That's a pretty huge "if" right there! If we get fresh investment then the whole landscape changes. But that still seems pretty far off to me.

And not any investment will do either. The £100M alternative leaves us with both G&H still here, but with a third party at the boardroom table. I fail to see how that is a giant leap forward for our club.

Then we could have a complete buy out. Who knows what those people will be like?

Like you said, a pretty big if.

Mourinho would walk in the dressing room, say "right, Torres, shut up Carra, you're the best striker in the world" "Stevie, you're the bes.. Insua you like eating yes, put the Mars bar away, you're the best midfielder in the world, "I am Jose and we will be champions by next season". That's how it would go down, tellin' yer.

I dont go with this we cant get rid of him because it will cost too much \ who else is there.

Unless there's some very specific clause in his contract about payment up front if he's relieved of managerial duties, he can be stuck on gardening leave on weekly pay. I dont think benitez will want to sit and draw this money for too long especially if Juve or someone else comes calling.

He can forget the Real job imo, doubt very much they'd touch him with a barge pole (or the spanish equivalent) after the shambles he's got us in. If he is on the Real wanted list, he'll be about 5th or 6th choice at best.

We've never gone down the route of a stellar manager so I dont see why people get stuck on this one. Benitez wasnt considered a stellar manager when we went for him and his competitors for the manager's job were strachan and curbishly.

The point is, he's a busted flush here and we demand a change. If he has given up on 4th for the EL, that's an absolute disgrace and should speed up his time in the garden..

I don't think Mourinho would ever get the United or Barcelona jobs. His style of play is very different to what those 2 clubs play, I remember an interview with Bobby Charlton on this a few years ago and he said Mourinho's style of play wouldn't suit United and he doubted that he'd be considered to replace Ferguson. It'd be the same with Barca in my opinion.

Mourinho is far more likely to end up at Real Madrid or Man City, were the style of play is less of a culture thing (and he'd have a wedge to spend).

I don't think we're in a position were we can reject someone as successful as Mourinho because of his style of play.

bought the premiership trophy

There's no such thing as buying the League.

Money gives you an advantage, but you've still got to buy the right players, find a winning system and keep a hell of a lot of egos happy.

For all their resources, they've only been able to win an FA Cup since he left.

What I like about Mourinho is he believes he's the best, he makes others feel they are the best, he takes the pressure off the players as he gets so much scrutiny on himself. He will pick his best team (the 'untouchables'), make subs when something needs to be changed (rather than waiting to the predetermined 60 minutes) and he's a winner.

He can't play any worse than we have under Rafa this season. I seem to remember he got Chelsea playing some superb stuff with Robben and Duff. Inter looked good against Chelsea the other day. He plays to teams strengths, as he did at Chelsea using the direct approach to Drogba because it was effective.

He'd look at the players we had and he'd relaise you don't need to play two defensive midfielders, when one is Mascherano who is arguably the best in this position in the world and we're playing against poor teams more often than not and we need our best footballers in possession, ones that can give us the best chance of winning the game.

The Chelsea fans would love Mourinho back at their club.

baffled why people want mourinho as our manager. his footballs as negative as raffas. all the millions he had at chelsea and they were unwatchable. same with inter

I would agree that Mourinho's Chelsea in the last couple of seasons of his reign were not the most pleasing on the eye, but I thought the Chelsea side that beat Liverpool 4-1 at Anfield with Robben & Duff/Cole on the flanks were excellent.

What I like about Mourinho is he believes he's the best, he makes others feel they are the best, he takes the pressure off the players as he gets so much scrutiny on himself. He will pick his best team (the 'untouchables'), make subs when something needs to be changed (rather than waiting to the predetermined 60 minutes) and he's a winner.

He can't play any worse than we have under Rafa this season. I seem to remember he got Chelsea playing some superb stuff with Robben and Duff. Inter looked good against Chelsea the other day. He plays to teams strengths, as he did at Chelsea using the direct approach to Drogba because it was effective.

He'd look at the players we had and he'd relaise you don't need to play two defensive midfielders, when one is Mascherano who is arguably the best in this position in the world and we're playing against poor teams more often than not and we need our best footballers in possession, ones that can give us the best chance of winning the game.

The polar opposite of our man.

Talkshyte have been using the phrase "sucking the life out of" all morning.

I've posted elsewhere on this thread that Rafa knows Mourinho is coming as he's trying to sabotage the place. Oh and get the sack, pocket £15 mill and got to Madrid. The more bizarre the decision, the more it confirms my theory.

Hes playing a giant game of chicken with the yanks at the clubs/fans expense.

There's no such thing as buying the League.

Money gives you an advantage, but you've still got to buy the right players, find a winning system and keep a hell of a lot of egos happy.

Since he left...around the time the funding started to get cut...