You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Whether we like it or not Kenny came back in an Ambassadorial role. Doesn't Bobby Charlton do the same at Manchester United? He doesn't have a say on the executive footballing decisions as far as I know does he?

Maybe Purslow doesn't want Dalglish having the job for his own well being. They are friends after all. Imagine if it went totally tits up under Kenny what would happen then?

Maybe as much as Stevie and Carra love and respect Kenny they wouldn't want the line crossed and friendships ruined if they have had any say over this. What happens if they fall out with Kenny at some point if he was manager? That would be a lot messier than them falling out with an outsider as such.

Whether we like it or not the Americans are letting Purslow run the show because they don't give a fuck.

Just seen a programme on dalglish on sky, all the current board members of the club should be made watch it, then stop fuckin around and give king kenny the job. I swear ti god if Roy or sven get the job I'll lose the plot ( more than I already have)

Whether we like it or not Kenny came back in an Ambassadorial role. Doesn't Bobby Charlton do the same at Manchester United? He doesn't have a say on the executive footballing decisions as far as I know does he?

Maybe Purslow doesn't want Dalglish having the job for his own well being. They are friends after all. Imagine if it went totally tits up under Kenny what would happen then?

Maybe as much as Stevie and Carra love and respect Kenny they wouldn't want the line crossed and friendships ruined if they have had any say over this. What happens if they fall out with Kenny at some point if he was manager? That would be a lot messier than them falling out with an outsider as such.

Whether we like it or not the Americans are letting Purslow run the show because they don't give a fuck.

Your final point is spot on. However, do you really believe that relationships should be allowed to hinder the man best equipped to manage this club at present from doing the job? After all, Kenny doesn't, if reports are to be believed, seem too shy in voicing his opposition of his friend, Roy. It would be a tad ridiculous to thwart a perfectly suitable way forward for the sake of sparing-possible-unrest in the future. Kenny is the best candidate. Nothing should keep him from taking the reigns--ill-health aside.

Remember Purslow giving the thumbs up “he’s gone” when some crackheads in the ground let him know they didn’t want Benitez, horrible bastard, now this cunt is deciding on our future, fuck me if he could make himself manager he would, hopefully someone will get hold of him and wring his smarmy fucking neck.

Shoot me now, I think Kenny fucked up here.

I said it at the time that you cant be king maker and want the job yourself.

If he didnt think Hodgson should get the job he should have stated that and then resigned if he didnt get the job, however now the spin will be he has resigned because we wouldnt give him the job and we believe Hodgson is the more up to date experienced candidate.

As the Rev put it he should have resigned his position and asked to be considered rather than play a game of politics which he has baiscally lost

Kenny has played this absolutely beautifully, and with the club's best interests (not his own) at heart.

So Purslow the suit, thinks he knows more about football than Benitez. And now he thinks he knows more about football than Kenny. What a bloody mess.

Hodgson is more and more looking like a patsy who they can go over and above and sell Torres and possibly Gerrard so they can reduce the interest.

Oh here you go roy We will give you 20 million to spend of it though, cause we know you can work on a budget.

Worried about Broughtons influence in this decision as well, especially with his love of all things Chelsea

Remember Purslow giving the thumbs up “he’s gone” when some crackheads in the ground let him know they didn’t want Benitez, horrible bastard, now this cunt is deciding on our future, fuck me if he could make himself manager he would, hopefully someone will get hold of him and wring his smarmy fucking neck.

Never heard about that, but wouldnt surprise me from the publicity seeking idiot.

Ooooh is that a tv camera.........................

not a chance. He's against it because Kenny has far too much power and sway with the fans.

I think the 'friends' stuff is being massively overplayed

The latest 'revelations' from the Times are huge imo

It is hardly revelations though is it? More just Tony Evan's opinion really and the friends thing really isn't. Phil Thommo is another one who is friends with Purslow.

I don't ever remember Bobby Charlton being a title winning manager at Man u.

and who is Purslow to decide whats best for Kenny, when Kenny has already stated he wants the job, fallouts happen in every job in every walk of life, but adults work out their differences and get over it.

To expect their never to be any differences of opinion within any football club is naive.

It is hardly revelations though is it? More just Tony Evan's opinion really and the friends thing really isn't. Phil Thommo is another one who is friends with Purslow.

I'd say Kenny leaving if Hodgson is appointed is a revelation.

Tommo has been critical of Cecil so they can't be that close. Before he became CEO he was just another rich suit mulling around the corporate area's during matchday. The guy is a fucking tosser of the highest order.

and who is Purslow to decide whats best for Kenny, when Kenny has already stated he wants the job, fallouts happen in every job in every walk of life, but adults work out their differences and get over it.

To expect their never to be any differences of opinion within any football club is naive.

Has Kenny actually said he wants the job, or is it other people saying he wants it ?

Doesn't matter what Charlton won at United he is as big a legend to them as Kenny is here and he has an Ambassadorial role at Old Trafford in the same way Kenny does here which he was happy to take on last year.

Purslow is basically the victim of a lot of hearsay in the same way people say the previous manager was and it all seems a bit too convenient for me.

If he is making the football decisions for the Americans then the major one he has had to make up to now in my opinion he got spot on. Obviously people will disagree with that that is fair enough.

I'd say Kenny leaving if Hodgson is appointed is a revelation.

Tommo has been critical of Cecil so they can't be that close. Before he became CEO he was just another rich suit mulling around the corporate area's during matchday. The guy is a fucking tosser of the highest order.

Has Kenny actually said that? News to me if so. I have heard the rumour but how do you know that is all it is?

Doesn't matter what Charlton won at United he is as big a legend to them as Kenny is here and he has an Ambassadorial role at Old Trafford in the same way Kenny does here which he was happy to take on last year.

Purslow is basically the victim of a lot of hearsay in the same way people say the previous manager was and it all seems a bit too convenient for me.

Nope. The perception of the majority is quite correct.

what happens when you were/are against both John.

I honestly cannot fathom the 'support' Purslow gets from a few on here. He's a million times more devious than Parry ever was (he was just imcompetent). He's in it for one thing & one thing only - himself. Not the good of the club or stability otherwise he wouldn't be flashing a mobile phone text from the club captain criticising the then manager. Shithouse tactic regardless of my opinion on Rafa.

Eh?

Am i reading this right?

Purslow is a victim?

:whoops: