You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

I hope all this ends soon and we name our new manager. Not just for our or the clubs sake ' date=' but for Fulham as well. A great club who have had nothing but speculation as to whether their going to lose their manager or not. It's not just us who's preparation time for the new season is running out.

While we're all concerned about LFC, and the majority on here seemingly not wanting to touch Hodgson, lets spare a thought for the Fulham supporters and club club as a whole. They have a manager in place who they're quite happy with and will be fucking gutted to lose. How will having to find a replacement manager in such a short space of time affect Fulham ? Relegation candidates ?

Every fucking season we go through weeks or months of press speculation about players or the manager supposedly wanting away. Remember what it was like with the Gerrard to Chelsea saga ? Or for those of you who dreaded Rafa going ? All the uncertainty ? All the current speculation about Torres and Gerrard, etc.

I have always said we should not think or worry about other clubs. Not this time though. While we're doing our best to shoot ourselves, it seems we're doing our level best to catch an innocent bystander in the crossfire.

I'm not for one minute suggesting Roy Hodgson is blameless in all this. He could easily put an end to all this by confirming his intentions. Mind you, I suppose Fulham another club whose name we might add to the list of those who hate us, because of the way we conduct our business.

Kenny Dalglish. If you want the fucking job, come out and say so in person and put an end to all the press speculation. At least then we'll know for certain it's the club preventing you from taking the job. I don't want to hear it from your son Paul, or Rafa. I want to hear it from you. In or out ? Yes or no ?

Roy Hodgson, for the sake of Fulham, say something.[/quote']

What the fuck? "How we have done our business"?????

Who in the club has mentioned him?

Did we?

I'm grateful he exposed the board for what they are.

With Roy's appointment imminent, it makes no sense haha. No Liverpool fans want him here, all Fulham Fans want him there, he's found his level. It's Purslow calling all the shots. Anyway, to all those who wanted Rafa out, it's now bye bye Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, followed by Reina, Johnson, Agger etc. next season. Even Ngog will do well to jump this sinking ship.

I'm grateful he exposed the board for what they are.

With Roy's appointment imminent, it makes no sense haha. No Liverpool fans want him here, all Fulham Fans want him there, he's found his level. It's Purslow calling all the shots. Anyway, to all those who wanted Rafa out, it's now bye bye Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, followed by Reina, Johnson, Agger etc. next season. Even Ngog will do well to jump this sinking ship.

How has Rafa exposed the owners? It could be argued that he formed an alliance with Hicks in order to suit his own agenda.

I hope all this ends soon and we name our new manager. Not just for our or the clubs sake ' date=' but for Fulham as well. A great club who have had nothing but speculation as to whether their going to lose their manager or not. It's not just us who's preparation time for the new season is running out.

While we're all concerned about LFC, and the majority on here seemingly not wanting to touch Hodgson, lets spare a thought for the Fulham supporters and club club as a whole. They have a manager in place who they're quite happy with and will be fucking gutted to lose. How will having to find a replacement manager in such a short space of time affect Fulham ? Relegation candidates ?

Every fucking season we go through weeks or months of press speculation about players or the manager supposedly wanting away. Remember what it was like with the Gerrard to Chelsea saga ? Or for those of you who dreaded Rafa going ? All the uncertainty ? All the current speculation about Torres and Gerrard, etc.

I have always said we should not think or worry about other clubs. Not this time though. While we're doing our best to shoot ourselves, it seems we're doing our level best to catch an innocent bystander in the crossfire.

I'm not for one minute suggesting Roy Hodgson is blameless in all this. He could easily put an end to all this by confirming his intentions. Mind you, I suppose Fulham will be another club whose name we might add to the list of those who hate us, because of the way we conduct our business.

Kenny Dalglish. If you want the fucking job, come out and say so in person and put an end to all the press speculation. At least then we'll know for certain it's the club preventing you from taking the job. I don't want to hear it from your son Paul, or Rafa. I want to hear it from you. In or out ? Yes or no ?

Spot on mate.

How has Rafa exposed the owners? It could be argued that he formed an alliance with Hicks in order to suit his own agenda.

Revealing the broken promises

Revealing the senior source leaks to the press

Revealing the transfer budget restrictions

Revealing the Owners as Cunts

An Alliance with Hicks?! Please, do ellaborate on that point.

He didn't exactly go out on a limb against them at his Inter press conference did he which does make you wonder why considering he supposedly fought the good fight against them and all.....

Hush money as part of his pay off or do the owners or other people have dirt on him?

He was entitled to a lot more than he eventually got judging by his contract. I wonder why he didn't get it?

And when the fuck did he do all this? He took his payrise he got for buddying up to Hicks that granted him a massive payout, the same contract that he agreed to keep his mouth shut in. If he was fucked over last year with the Alonso money, even though we spent what we earned and 7 first team players got payrises although I dont think that should be part of the transfer budgeting, why did he not come out and say they wont let me spend keane/alonso money/ now how is that revealing things if he kept his mouth totally shut, while Purslow was telling the world Rafa was happy with last summer and Januarys buisness, still think he did'nt wana break his gagging order?

Rafa Benitez formed a temporary alliance with Tom Hicks when they successfully ousted Rick Parry who was an ally of George Gillett. This alliance suited both parties. Hicks wanted full control of the club at the time, and Rafa wanted a new contract and greater control.

Ask yourself why there was'nt a whisper out of him after he was given his new contract, you know the one that 7 drafts were sent back, still think it was all about control.

He was persuaded to keep quiet on the back of the new investment promised by Purslow. As soon as it was obvious he'd been lied to yet again and he told Purslow he wasn't prepared to keep quiet any more about their their lack of investment in the team they sacked him.

But happy days. We'll get the new guy in sooner or later and things will soon be on the up.

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here (I haven't read many recent posts) but there is a rumour, and I emphasise the word rumour that both Woy and Kenny are smokescreens and that the Yanks have already got a new manager in place who is currently managing at the World Cup, but this won't be officially announced until after the World Cup out of respect for the nation/manager in question.

Can't see it myself like, reckon it's between Kenny and Roy now, but if true it makes you wonder who it could be. Knowing the Yanks it's probably Domenech.

You think these owners are going to appoint somebody like Dalglish ????

Think about it - Big sales, small buys - we WILL be shite. With Kenny in charge the whole crowd will turn on the owners as there is no way Kenny would get stick for us being rubbish.

With anybody else in charge, big proportion of the crowd will blame the Manager and the owners / board get off scot-free.

How do I know this? Because we've just watched it happen with Benitez and he was popular. Bring in a less than superstar Manager and they have their scapegoat and a minimum 6 months grace.

Collectively, we are idiots and they know it.

Hope those who were happy Benitez left are still happy now.

Yep perfectly happy thanks.

You can hire someone to coach the team but, as Rafa eventually discovered, if you can't inspire players and make them believe they can win then you'll ultimately get found out.

I'm sure Torres, Mascherano and Gerrard will be mightily inspired by our new manager before the season starts.

I'm not for one minute suggesting Roy Hodgson is blameless in all this. He could easily put an end to all this by confirming his intentions. Mind you, I suppose Fulham will be another club whose name we might add to the list of those who hate us, because of the way we conduct our business.

Agree with everything there Mick but I think Hodgson has too much class to officially put himself forward for a job unless the club approach him first. He wouldn't do that out of respect to the Fulham supporters.

He didn't exactly go out on a limb against them at his Inter press conference did he which does make you wonder why considering he supposedly fought the good fight against them and all.....

Hush money as part of his pay off or do the owners or other people have dirt on him?

He was entitled to a lot more than he eventually got judging by his contract. I wonder why he didn't get it?

It was his Inter Milan press conference John. It would have been crass and classless to start having a pop at his former employers when being introduced by his new ones. If the owners had some dirt on him then surely they'd be telling him to say nice things and that it wasn't all bad and they should get Roy Hodgson? No, Rafa over the last few weeks has shown a lot of dignity and he has not moaned about losing his job and has instead spoken extremely fondly about the club and the city. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he made a few comments about the owners once we eventually get sold.

Anyway by just saying "The owners are the owners" and moving on in the press conference, I thought he said more in 5 words then he could have in a 5 minute moan.