You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Yes, I've just gathered that he isn't Spanish.

But looking at it from the Boards point of view, given the experience they have just had with Benitez and seeing the monumental fuck up Ramos made of things over here, I'd say that going 'Spanish' (or Chilean) again would be well down on their list of priorities.

My own point of view is that I don't care a jot about the Nationality of the next manager as long as he is up to the job, but I imagine the Board will want someone who can come in, put the kettle on and get on with it, without all the dicking around learning the language and adapting to the 'culture' (or lack of) of English football. I'm not saying that is what it should be, but I imagine that is the type of candidate they are looking for.

But....if Pellegrini was approached do you really think he wouldn't talk to Rafa about the club, what is going on and ask his opinion? And Rafa wouldn't give it? It's not that ridiculous an idea is it?

The only problem with them type of candidates are that they aren't very good.

Which one then:

Ottmar Hitzfeld (Aged 61, German)

Clubs Managed: FC Zug (83-84), FC Aarau (84-88), Grasshopper (88-91), B. Dortmund (91-97), B. Munich (98-04 and 07-08), Swiss National Team (08- )

Honours Won: 2 Swiss Super Leagues, 3 Swiss Cups, 2 Champions Leagues, 7 German League Titles, 3 German Cups, 2 Intercontinental Cups.

Individual Honours

2 World Coach of the Year (1997 and 2001)

Voted Bayern Munich's greatest coach ever

Rated the best Bundesliga-coach of all time

Frank Rijaard (Aged 47, Dutch)

Clubs Managed: Dutch National Team (98-00), S. Rotterdam (01-02), Barcelona (03-08), Galatasaray (08- ).

Honours Won: 1 Champions League, 2 Spanish League Titles, 2 Spanish Cups.

Individual Honours

UEFA Manager of the Year: 2005-06

UEFA Team of the Year for Best Coach of the Year : 2006

IFFHS World's Best Club Coach: 2006

Onze Do'r Coach of the Year: 2006

Don Balon Award Coach of the Year in La Liga: 2005, 2006

Kenny Dalglish (Aged 59, Scottish)

Clubs Managed: Liverpool (85-91), Blackburn (91-95), Newcastle (97-98), Celtic (98-99).

Honours Won: 4 League Titles (5 Runners Up), 1 Scottish league Runners Up, 2 FA cups (1 Runner Up), 1 League Cup Runners Up, 4 Charity Shields (2 Runners Up), 1 Scottish Cup.

Individual Honours:

1985–86 Manager of the year award

1987–88 Manager of the year award

1989–90 Manager of the year award

1994–95 Manager of the year award

Marcello Lippi (Aged 62, Italian)

Clubs Managed: Pontedera (85-86), Siena (86-87), Pistoiese (87-88), Carraese (88-89), Cesena (89-91), Lucchese (91-92), Atalanta (92-93), Napoli (93-94), Juventus (94-99 and 01-04), Inter (99-00), Italy (04-06 and 08-10).

Houners Won: 5 Italian League Titles (1 Runner Up), 1 Italian Cup (3 Runners Up), 4 Supercoppa Italia (1 Runners Up), 1 Champions League (3 Runners Up), 1 european Super Cup, 1 Intercontinental Cup, 1 UEFA Cup Runner Up, 1 World Cup.

Individual Honours:

Seria A Coach of the Year: 1997, 1998, 2003

IFFHS The World's best National Coach: 2006

IFFHS The World's best Club Coach: 1996, 1998

Onze d'Or Coach of the Year: 2007

Guus Hiddink (Aged 63, Dutch)

Clubs Managed: De Graafschap (82-84), PSV (84-87 and 02-06, Assistant Coach 87-90), Fenerbahce (90-91), Valencia (91-94), Dutch National Team (94-98), Real Madrid (98-99), Real Betis (2000), South Korea (00-02), Australia (05-06), Russia (06-10), Chelsea (09), Turkey (2010-)

Honours Won: 6 Dutch Titles, 4 Dutch Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 Intercontinental Cup, 1 FA Cup.

Individual Honours:

AFC Coach of the Year - 2002

Rinus Michels Award - 2005, 2006

Louis Van Gaal (Aged 58, Dutch)

Clubs Managed: Ajax (91-97), Barcelona (97-00 and 02-03), Dutch National Team (00-02), AZ (05-09), Bayern Munich (09-)

Honours Won: 4 Dutch League Titles, 3 Dutch Super Cups, 1 Dutch Cup, 1 Champions League (1 Runner UP), 1 UEFA Cup, 2 UEFA Super Cups, 2 Spanish League Titles, 1 Spanish Cup, 1 German League, 1 German Cup, 1 Audi Cup.

Individual Honours:

2 × Rinus Michel Awards (2007, 2009)

1 × Dutch Sports Coach Of The Year (2009)

1 × Die Sprachwahrer des Jahres (2009)

Roy Hodgson (Aged 62, English)

Clubs Managed: Halmstad (76-80), Bristol City (82), Orebro (83-85), Malmo FF (85-90), Neuchatel Xamax (90-92), Swiss National Team (92-95), Inter Milan (95-97 and 99), Blackburn (97-98), Grasshopper (99-00), Copenhagen (00-01), Udinese (01), UAE (02-04), Viking (04-05), Finland (06-07), Fulham (07-).

Honours Won: 4 Swedish Titles, 6 Swedish Cups, 2 Swedish Super Cups, 1 Danish Super Liga, 1 Danish Cup, 1 Europa League Runner Up.

Individual Honours:

LMA Manager of the Year 2010

Martin O'Neil (Aged 58, Irish)

Clubs Managed: Grantham Town (87-99), Shepshed Charterhouse (89), Wycombe Wanderers (90-95), Norwich (95), Leicester City (95-00), Celtic (00-05), Villa (06-)

Honours Won: 1 Football Conference, 2 FA Trophys, Division 3 Play-Off Winner, 2 League Cups (2 Runners up), 3 SPL Titles, 3 Scottish Cups, 1 Scottish League Cup.

Individual Honours: 3 x Scottish Manager of the Year.

Funny you should say that my mate has just emailed this to me.

Hi everyone, I posted on here two days ago regarding a contract that had been drawn up for a Directorship of Club football within a premiership club but I didn't know who it was designed for. The contract was apparently used as a tool by the LFC board to extract Rafa from his 1st team coaching role by offering him a "promotion" (thereby not sacking him and having to pay the termination settlement) within the club, safe in the knowledge that whichever way it went the board would get what they want. A route to a new manager without having to pay 19.34€million into Rafa's bank the next day! Instead negotiations took place on a basis that he would receive compensation for not taking up the new post while losing his previous role – clever huh!

Now, some more interesting and relevant information I've heard from the same senior HR source that gave me the previous tip hours before the news of Rafa's departure broke (not that she told me who it was for at the time!) An offer has been drawn up and sent to a solicitor in Finland for a role of 1st team coach, under a mentor. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the mentor is already at Afield and a fans favourite but he doesn't want the manager role fulltime but does want to have influence in the changing room. the proposal has been made for a previous fans favourite and a man who commands GREAT respect by the existing playing staff to return to Afield after a year away to gel the team alongside Kenny (and it gives the current Captain something to really think about as they are good friends still..)

It's cost effective, would no doubt keep the fans happy, the players would relate and have instant respect for him and want to play for him, is a trouble free individual and will not have high expectations thrust upon him from day 1..

It looks like it might be time for LOC fans to say..welcome back Sami Hyypia!! I'm not saying its a done deal or anything but it makes perfect sense and the wheels seem to be in motion!!

Presumably the solicitor sent it back with a note attached telling them it would be best to send it to a solicitor in Leverkusen if they wanted Sami to see it:whistle:

The only problem with them type of candidates are that they aren't very good.

Yeah I know that mate, and that is a big concern. I think a few of us who didn't want Rafa to go were in the 'better the Devil you know' camp given the current fucking Maelstrom at the club from top to bottom.

I see no point at all in sacking Rafa and then appointing Hughes, The Goblin or any fucker else who isn't up to the job.

Presumably the solicitor sent it back with a note attached telling them it would be best to send it to a solicitor in Leverkusen if they wanted Sami to see it:whistle:

Or even Merseyside seeing as he still has his property here.

:thumbsup:

Honestly, he is a great great coach.

Miles better than O'Neill.

My Nan's better then MON and she's been dead for 8 months.

Seriously though what he acheived with Fulham was fantastic especially the result against Juventus. you lot should and hopefully will be doing everything in your power to keep him there.

Woo has had a great shout earlier today for me - Lippi.

Yeah, was talking to my mate earlier about that very prospect Dan. he is available after the WC with no compenation to pay, and given that Cancer and AIDS only see $ signs, that would be most appealing to them I reckon.

To be fair, I wouldn't be distraught to see Lippi get the job. Persuading him to come might be easier said than done mind.

kenny's my call, It might be enough to get torres and gerrard to stick around for another year... The only other manager I think could come in and get all the players more optimistic about the future would be hiddink, imagine england bottle it as usual in the quarters or semis in the world cup gerrad the new england captain picks up the paper boarding the plane home and see's we have signed Mark Hughes, before that plane lands he will have a deal boxed off with madrid.

Next Liverpool Manager - Manager Specials Betting - Football Betting on Paddy Power

Who will be the next Permanent Liverpool Manager Friday, 4th June 2010, 22:00

Next Liverpool Manager

Applies to next permanent manager of Liverpool F.C.

Does not apply to any interim manager who receives the position.

If joint managers are announced, dead heat rules apply,

Singles only,

Others on Request .

Martin O'Neill 2/1

Felix Magath 50/1

Luis Aragones 100/1

Roy Hodgson 3/1

Marco Van Basten 50/1

Steve Nicol 100/1

Kenny Dalglish

Ronald Koeman 50/1

Ruud Gullit 100/1

Jurgen Klinnsmann 11/1

Fabio Capello 50/1

Sam Allardyce 100/1

Gus Hiddink 12/1

Bernt Schuster 66/1

Kevin Keegan 100/1

Mark Hughes 14/1

Marcelo Lippi 66/1

Gianfranco Zola 100/1

Alex McLeish 20/1

Gerard Houllier 66/1

Alan Shearer 100/1

Manuel Pellegrini 22/1

Juande Ramos 66/1

Carlo Ancelotti 125/1

Frank Rijkaard 25/1

Sammy Lee 66/1

Alan Curbishley 125/1

Slaven Bilic 25/1

Giovanni Trappatoni 66/1

Paul Ince 150/1

Quique Sanchez Flores 25/1

Avram Grant 80/1

Stuart Pearce 150/1

Louis Van Gaal 28/1

Graeme Souness 80/1

Roy Keane 200/1

Martin Jol 33/1

Ottmar Hitzfeld 80/1

Gareth Southgate 200/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 33/1

Dick Advocaat 80/1

Steve Coppell 250/1

Harry Redknapp 33/1

Paul Le Guen 80/1

Gordon Strachan 250/1

Bert van Marwijk 40/1

Jamie Carragher 80/1

Alan Hansen 300/1

Luiz-Filipe Scolari 40/1

Jose Mourinho 100/1

Robbie Fowler 500/1

Raymond Domenech 40/1

Roberto Mancini 100/1

John Barnes 500/1

Laurent Blanc 50/1

Steve McClaren 100/1

Jamie Redknapp 500/1

Didier Deschamps 50/1

David Moyes 100/1

Steve Staunton 750/1

Michael Laudrup 50/1

John Toshack 100/1

Whats with all the hate for Roy Hodgson?

Mark my words, he is a great great coach. He would revitalize your team.

Personally I like Hodgson. I wouldn't have him here if we could attract people like Lippi instead, but I don't understand why people are knocking Hodgson either.

However I can understand the logic - it's a step down from a man who has won 2 La Liga titles, a UEFA Cup, a Champions League and an FA Cup whichever way we go but it was something we just had to do.

Whats with all the hate for Roy Hodgson?

Mark my words, he is a great great coach. He would revitalize your team.

its not hate he is a decent coach just not good enough to get our best players to stick around IMO. I seen fulham at anfield a couple of months back and to say that they came and parked the bus is an understatement, Ive seen enough robotic boring football last season id rather a fresh start, and a manager that will unleash his team attack and play good football... Then i wake up and realise we have no money and 2 geebag owners and get all depressed again.