You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fowlers God

Chris Eagles Yeah or Neigh  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Chris Eagles Yeah or Neigh

• Yes, a good talent
    • Maybe in a few years dont want to take a chance now
    • No, once a manc always a manc

That's not the point that SD was making though. The person he was responding to was sneering at the idea that we would buy a player from Burnley. Age wasn't even mentioned.

A 24 year old who can't get in Burnley's team. This thread is a joke.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

Ian Wright was a late developer, signed while playing for a Sunday League team when he was in his twenties.

I reckon I can still make it for the Reds. 34 now, couple of years left at the top.

I'm not sneering of the fact we would buy from a "lower" club, merely pointing out what we have become. Chris Eagles cannot even get a regular starting berth at Burnley. Football in the 70's and 80's was so different, players find their "level" at a much younger age now so I don't think we can compare the signings of Keegan,Rush,Barnes etc. But maybe you would settle for Chris Eagles. I know I wouldn't. Each to their own

I'm not sneering of the fact we would buy from a "lower" club, merely pointing out what we have become. Chris Eagles cannot even get a regular starting berth at Burnley. Football in the 70's and 80's was so different, players find their "level" at a much younger age now so I don't think we can compare the signings of Keegan,Rush,Barnes etc. But maybe you would settle for Chris Eagles. I know I wouldn't. Each to their own

You didn't say that though. You said "Can't believe that we are debating whether a Burnley player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club. " No mention of Chris Eagles, his age, or his ability, just the club that he played for.

He hasn't started 30. Why? because he hasn't regularly been one of their best 11 players.

He's their best attacking player. Why he's on the bench now I don't know. Ask Brian Laws... Maybe he hasn't responded well to Laws, who knows. He didn't start the season in the team - he was behind Robbie Blake. But once he got into the team he was excellent.

But he's easily their most dangerous player when on form. I know this because I watched him play a fair few times over a two or three month period where he was excellent. Maybe that was his career purple period - i don't know becuase I don't know that much about the player. But I do know what I saw during that period and it's pointless denying that he was fantastic then.

He's their best attacking player. Why he's on the bench now I don't know. Ask Brian Laws... Maybe he hasn't responded well to Laws, who knows. He didn't start the season in the team - he was behind Robbie Blake. But once he got into the team he was excellent.

But he's easily their most dangerous player when on form. I know this because I watched him play a fair few times over a two or three month period where he was excellent. Maybe that was his career purple period - i don't know becuase I don't know that much about the player. But I do know what I saw during that period and it's pointless denying that he was fantastic then.

When people are on their period, it's advisable to agree that they are fantastic at all times, even if they weren't.

You didn't say that though. You said "Can't believe that we are debating whether a Burnley player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club. " No mention of Chris Eagles, his age, or his ability, just the club that he played for.

I think you are being a bit picky here, so let me spell it out. I don't think Chris Eagles is good enough at this or any age and I'm surprised that we are debating whether a player of his level is good enough for our club. Someone once said to me - if you settle for 2nd best, that is what you will get. This club has settled for that for years now and you mention Chris Eagles. :wallbutt:

Again, he has played 30 out of 32 league games and been their best player.

Has he fuckers like. Relegation candidates tend to play their best players in more than 56% of their league games

STAT ATTACK

Is he better than El Zhar?

No. He's that shit.

He's a council estate Zlatan weened on chips and white label lemonade

I think you are being a bit picky here, so let me spell it out. I don't think Chris Eagles is good enough at this or any age and I'm surprised that we are debating whether a player of his level is good enough for our club. Someone once said to me - if you settle for 2nd best, that is what you will get. This club has settled for that for years now and you mention Chris Eagles. :wallbutt:

I'm not being picky, I'm responding to the words that you posted and assumed that you meant what you'd typed.

I'm not advocating signing him by the way, although I think he's a better player than he looks at Burnley and a better player than the likes of El Zhar.

Another pile of shite manc!

The premier league is littered with these overated fuckers, Bardsley, McShane (easily the worst defender in the league), Higginbotham, This prick, Danny Pugh, Frazier Campbell, Richardson all shite, all over hyped, all coincidently sold for millions! It's a fucking joke.

Another pile of shite manc!

The premier league is littered with these overated fuckers, Bardsley, McShane (easily the worst defender in the league), Higginbotham, This prick, Danny Pugh, Frazier Campbell, Richardson all shite, all over hyped, all coincidently sold for millions! It's a fucking joke.

It's also something that people overlook with regards to the purchasing of youth players. They don't need to necessarily be good enough to make it with us, they just need to be good enough for another club to give us decent wedge for them.

So he wasn't considered one of Burnley's best 11 players in 1 out of 3 of their games.

Yeah, we should sign him. Go get him Rafa.

I think you need to read that again.

He has started 18 of their 32 league games and been a sub in another 12.

It's also something that people overlook with regards to the purchasing of youth players. They don't need to necessarily be good enough to make it with us, they just need to be good enough for another club to give us decent wedge for them.

Which is what pisses me off so much,

Frazier Campbell went for 5 million, Richardson went for 5 Million, we got just under 2 for Warnock, McShane cost more for christ sake! Iv'e seen epileptics mid seizure with more composure than that prick.