You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

A little late on the uptake admittedly but I just finished watching all 5 series in the matter of 20 days. Just fucking wow. Brilliant series with all the twists, turns and subtle happenings that make one pay attention throughout. Probably my favourite scene in the entire series (though there were many great ones) was the end of Crawl Space. Possibly one of the most intense pieces of TV I have ever seen. Amazing.

Many thanks for having the balls to stick with your choice.

Thomas Golubić 

"Baby Blue" for me, absolutely their best song, and Pete, thank you for every special moment I continue to get from you and the band.

R.I.P.

Also R.I.P. Tom Evans - I feel your pain.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/why-breaking-bad-chose-badfingers-baby-blue-20131001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beM28FLdAzk

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm sick of people telling me that I look like Jessie Pinkman. Being compared to a useless crackhead is not complimentary!

Genetics, bitch.

• Upvote 1

A truly, truly great show.

I was given a box set of the first few seasons by a mate for my birthday, and he encouraged me to stick with it through the first few episodes which I thought were a bit slow. I'm glad I did. As said elsewhere, TV is "where it's at" and Hollywood could only dream of fitting this level of suspense and character development into a 90-minute format.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I'll admit to being a bit disappointed with the end though. Not because it wasn't well-crafted, well-directed, well-acted or appropriate. It was all of those things. But as rabble-rouser said above, the last two episodes seemed like a coda to the series and just (for me) went on too long. Once Hank died, there wasn't really anywhere else to go.

It's a shame, but the overlong ending has sorta coloured my view of the show -which at one time had surpassed The Wire as my favourite ever. Anyone else interested in the "peak and end" theory of memory formation?

But yeah. If you haven't seen it yet: do it.

I preferred the end of series 4 to the end of series 5 tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Am I the only one who thinks Gus was gay? I thought the reason he's in tears when his partner gets killed by the pool in the flashback is because it was his lover. I also thought it explained why he took a liking to Jessy, not that he fancied him as such, but that he had a soft spot for young good looking lads. He seemed to have a few working for him. Said this to a few mates and they didn't pick it up until I mentioned it.

Bryan Cranston this week said maybe the end of breaking bad isn't as cut as dried as we think. Google his interview with cnn, I can't do NSFW on here. But essentially he's saying never say never to another series.

Not sure myself where they can go unless Walter can do something miraculous.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Every time I hear or see the words Breaking Bad, for a brief moment I contemplate watching it all again. I only started watching it when it had finished and it didn't take me very long to get through it at all.

There's not many shows I could binge watch like I did with BB. I think the Sopranos and Wire are better shows, but I've never watched more than 3 episodes of either in one night, where as I once watched 8 episodes of BB one night/morning. 

Really addictive TV and one of the best shows ever. 

Gus is gay, Giancarlo Esposito strongly hinted on that in an interview when season 4 was airing.

And yes, I miss breaking bad even though I've rewatched it 3x already...

That seemed pretty clear - wasn't his original chemist partner who the cartel killed his boyfriend?

Agree with S31, Mike was a fantastic character. That spin-off seems an awful idea though, I felt that Saul's character was weak and cartoonish throughout the whole series.

• Upvote 1