You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

It was okay. Fat Jesse Plemons was putting me off anytime he was on screen and it pulled me away from the story when this is supposed to be just after the events of the final season and we're flashing back to a porky looking Todd. Still looked and felt like a BB episode as I expected it would but would have liked a bit more. 7.5/10.

I loved it. Jesse was excellent. Because I'd avoided trailers and blurb, I had no idea it was the same writers as the series until the credits and then I was like "yup, that makes sense". Great movie and, I want to say, a worthy epilogue, but it also felt a little like they were doing the spadework for the possibility of further series/films. Jesse's progress in Alaska perhaps? 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Arr ehy, just heard Robert Forster has died, he was great in this, I was actually checking on IMDB last night to read about him as he had a really familiar face and has been in loads of stuff. RIP.

He was ace in Black Hole. Favourite film as a kid. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Arr ehy, just heard Robert Forster has died, he was great in this, I was actually checking on IMDB last night to read about him as he had a really familiar face and has been in loads of stuff. RIP.

The movie can now act as a bit of a tribute to the guy.

It was merely Ok, nowhere near as good as the absolutely awesome conclusion to Breaking Bad.

The bits with Todd would have fitted in well as part of an episode in the last season. 

The bits of Jesse’s escape were a bit pointless. You left the show pretty sure Jesse escaped, you left the film sure Jesse escaped in a very anticlimactic way. 

5/10. Disappointing. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

It was merely Ok, nowhere the near as good as the absolutely awesome conclusion to Breaking Bad.

The bits with Todd would have fitted in well as part of an episode in the last season. 

The bits of Jesse’s escape were a bit pointless. You left the show pretty sure Jesse escaped, you left the film sure Jesse escaped in a very anticlimactic way. 

5/10. Disappointing. 

I was expecting it more to be about his current life in hiding in Alaska, not 2 hours of flash backs and his means of getaway.

It does lead nicely to Saul and Jesse once BCS is up to current day.

Jesse Plemons plays a great psychopath though, needs more roles (And less rolls, the fat fucker).

14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Jesse Plemons plays a great psychopath though, needs more roles (And less rolls, the fat fucker).

He was never that fat in the show was he? I seem to remember him piling on the pounds, for I think, Fargo. But that was years ago and he doesn’t have seemed to have bothered going to the gym since. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He was never that fat in the show was he? I seem to remember him piling on the pounds, for I think, Fargo. But that was years ago and he doesn’t have seemed to have bothered going to the gym since. 

No he was quite slim in Breaking Bad. He's a quality actor though, he's been good in everything he's been in. He's not one dimensional either, he plays the 'nice guy' role as well as the 'unhinged weirdo/psychopath'.

Apparently the older chap from Jackie Brown (played the bondsman) was also in Breaking Bad (can't say I remember him in it) but he has passed away. Aged 78. RIP. 

31 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

It ended Jesse’s arc satisfactorily. Arguably it’s better to have uncertainty but no reason not to have a clean ending. 

IMO, the series ended his arc satisfactory & the film did nothing to enhance it.

Only my opinion though.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Apparently the older chap from Jackie Brown (played the bondsman) was also in Breaking Bad (can't say I remember him in it) but he has passed away. Aged 78. RIP. 

He was in El Camino too. He was the fella who provides the new identities and went to see Walt in his wooden hut. 

I thought the film was decent, but nothing approaching the drama of breaking bad. Also, I rewatched BB in August/September, so it was really striking how much they'd all aged (or grown in Todd's case) and I found that really distracting as it was supposed to directly follow on in the days after BB (and in flash backs before). All on all though I was left feeling they'd just extended the final season of breaking bad and didn't really have a story to tell us. 7/10 for me.