You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joy Division/New Order

Juniper

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I've always considered JD and NO the same band - different stages of the same band. Obviously Ian Curtis was/is a big miss. 

And if you put both together then that is some back catalogue of music. 

I don't think there's ever been such a massive change in sound with the lead singer hanging himself then the drummer bringing his bird in on keyboards. Might be wrong though. 

4 hours ago, cloggypop said:

He never had the strongest voice. There's a reason why he was the guitarist. 

Saw Peter Hook & the Light a while back and he shouldn't be singing. Had his lad playing bass with him on vocals and yeah. 

Shame him and the rest of them don't get on these days. He's a boss bass player. 

Did he take over bass for love will tear us apart? We saw them a few years back, and he kicked the kid out the way for that, plus he had his bass whacked right up. Boss bassist, bit of a cunt.

as you say shame they can’t work together, but hooky will wring every last penny out the JD back catalogue.

15 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I don't think there's ever been such a massive change in sound with the lead singer hanging himself then the drummer bringing his bird in on keyboards. Might be wrong though. 

The first NO album sounds identical to JD. Bernard even does a good IC impression! They'd already started to incorporate synths just look at Isolation on Closer or These Days on Joy Divisions Substance. Even Love will tear us apart had plenty of synth. 

I reckon NO went the way JD would have. I think they all started to cheer up when they started taking drugs and going clubbing. 

Who knows though, that's the great mystery. People who knew him said his illness meant he'd had enough of music and wanted to just write poetry and stories.