You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zola

Guest PurpleNose
Hang on. You mean there are other managers having to deal with shite?

I like Zola. Strangely large head for his body size, but a likeable enough guy and a tremendous player.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I think there are some similarities between what is expected/demanded of Zola and Benitez. Just on different scales. Beat your rivals on a smaller budget working for some utter cunts. The main difference is the style of football. Which considering how much better our squad is than their's, is really unacceptable.

I want West Ham to stay up. They try and play football the right way, and their manager isn't a xenophobic neanderthal like so many in this league.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt say he was utter gash, I just said I never thought he was as good as people made him out to be, therefore he was good, he might of been boss but he wasnt the player people say he was. He was no Pele or Maradona was he.

And no one's tried to make him out to be.

He was up there as one of the best to play in the Premier League though.

I never got him as a player I'll admit it. He was good dont get me wrong but i think SKY and Chelsea's media machine hyped him up and now people just take it as a given he was as good as some of the greats.

I think they'll sack him and If I was the chairman i'd sack him too.

Negged.

The man was a wonderful player.

I get a strange satisfaction from negging you, Mick.

Guest the boy
I didnt say he wasnt good everyone if you read my post.

I just never got the wank fest over him.

I'll take the negs with pride.

presumably, floating around in your Football Manager world of the game, every manager besides Ferguson is up for getting sacked if they embark upon a rocky run? Regardless of the fact that West Ham have been ravaged by injuries; regardless of the fact that they actually performed very well in parts last season under Zola; regardless of the fact that the squad is being stripped piece by piece.

And you implied that Zola had once been compared to Maradona and Pele. No one, media or otherwise, has ever compared Zola to Maradona and Pele. What player did people say he was?

Guest PurpleNose
The only fair way to even it up then would be for the Hammers to get rid of Zola, and get in say Bryan Robson

I think you'll find he's currently working very hard on making Thailand the worst football nation in the solar system.

presumably, floating around in your Football Manager world of the game, every manager besides Ferguson is up for getting sacked if they embark upon a rocky run? Regardless of the fact that West Ham have been ravaged by injuries; regardless of the fact that they actually performed very well in parts last season under Zola; regardless of the fact that the squad is being stripped piece by piece.

And you implied that Zola had once been compared to Maradona and Pele. No one, media or otherwise, has ever compared Zola to Maradona and Pele. What player did

people say he was?

He's in a dog fight with some of the worst teams the prem has ever seen managed by some of the worst managers the prem has ever seen. He should easily be atleast 6 or 7 places from the bottom three.

Some of his signings have been woeful but dont let that cloud anything cos he's clearly had no dough has he?

Who was the black lad he bought for about 10m? Nrzrenko?! Boss.

I agree with Walton Red, he was a bit of a poor mans Baggio for me.

Thats a good point.

I just said to Brownie, its not I dont think he was class cos I do, I just think he had comtempories who were much better but have been overshadowed by him.

Baggio is a class shout.

Guest PurpleNose
He's in a dog fight with some of the worst teams the prem has ever seen managed by some of the worst managers the prem has ever seen. He should easily be atleast 6 or 7 places from the bottom three.

Some of his signings have been woeful but dont let that cloud anything cos he's clearly had no dough has he?

Who was the black lad he bought for about 10m? Nrzrenko?! Boss.

Not sure what this is based on. West Ham have been asset stripped nearly as much as Portsmouth. Anything above 19th would be an achievement.

Do you really believe he's been in full control over signings and sales as well?

Guest PurpleNose
He should walk then.

I know in my 1st job if I was being had off left right and centre for players both in and out i'd walk rather than have it on my C.V.

He hasnt gone yet has he?

I think he realises he's little more than a coach. He probably also realises that with such little managerial experience he won't get a top flight job anywhere else yet.

I agree I'd have fucked off my first job if I was being undermined so often, possibly not if I was on tens of thousands of pounds a week though.

More of a pay off if he gets fired anyway.

I don't think replacing him now will change their fortunes a great deal. They might get lucky in that Hull and Burnley are even shitter.