You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can we sack Benitez now

Antynwa

Guest Pistonbroke
And essentially simply walk away from the majority of people that have marched for him and sang his name week in and week out?

The deluded can't be helped. You sure it is the majority ? I doubt it.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way cyber warriors like you seem to think that because they have 6000 posts on a forum think they can tell something about someone else.

I mean, you probably jumped on the bandwagon in the mid 80's when we were top dogs.

Dont see you posting much about your time before the 80's, you know like the early 70's before we started winning again.

I dont see you posting about going to Anfield during the wilderness years of the 60's either.

Yep, I wonder where you were when I was going to places like Rotherham in the 2nd Division to support my great club.

You utter fucking clueless shithouse johnny come lately. You think I'll jump ship because some manager isnt winning a few pots?

Tell you what lad, if you want to debate things LFC, gladly, then get debating but dont try and pull the 'you're a jump shit type when the results arent good. because it dont fucking hold water. Pretty much like your half arsed reasoning in fact.

I was born in 1983.

Cyber warrior? Cluless shithoue Johnny come lately? Who called all these places?

and its 6.223 posts. each one more sexy than the last.

Behave yourself, he already said in the previous post about 2 titles and FA Cup.

What's your definition of wilderness years then if it isnt the years you win things? The lufc championship year was the only time after our second title we challenged for anything.

By any reasoned person's definition, those years were wilderness years as we were finishing 4th or 5th.

And please, Charity fucking shields!? We used to laugh at the mancs for including their 2nd division champions being added to their honours list in the early 70's (Im sure stumptown will remind me the exact year they were 2nd div champions!)[/quote

To single out a decade when we had won the Title twice, the FA Cup (for the first time) and all from the base of having JUST been promoted as "Wilderness years" is a little disingeneous if you ask me.

Not at all. At a time when the league and FA Cup were our main stay (Europe was the icing on the cake, remember) being 4th and 5th then was the wilderness.

post war wilderness years would have been the 50's

No, they would be the desolate austerity years!

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
That majority has now turned into the minority. So the polls have proven. And the "Rafa, Rafael" at games is pathetic, you can bearly hear it.

One poll, on here, a forum which is renowned for it's poor opinion of him.

Neither credible or a fair reflection of the total fanbase

You may as well go to an EDF rally and ask them what they think of immigrants and present it as a balanced poll

And in regards to your "Rafa, Rafael", am I to assume you missed the Lille match, because it was pretty emphatic on Thursday and not even a minute into the game?

You may as well go to an EDF rally and ask them what they think of immigrants and present it as a balanced poll

And in regards to your "Rafa, Rafael", am I to assume you missed the Lille match, because it was pretty emphatic on Thursday and not even a minute into the game?

Thats poor form and you know it.

At the beginning of the season we had a poll and it showed a major backing of Rafa on this site, do the poll again and we all know it will have changed massively.

Why do you think that is?

No. He's not the biggest problem at the club. And the club cannot go forward at all until the top problem is gone. Then we can see about a change in manager. PLus it will take £30M out of the new man's budget of £0 in the summer which means we'd have to sell Masch just to sack Rafa.

If we don't get 4th then it is a legitimate reason to me for sacking him (whilst I don't agree with it.)

Perhaps that's what you'd like to believe I'm saying - for clarity, we didn't have a rich Arab with deep pockets last season and we almost won it. Had the Owners stuck to their promises of funding the team correctly we would be a lot closer this season with Benitez.

Still - I don't expect you to admit that as it doesn't fit your agenda which as I've said, is bollocks when compared to the problems with the Owners.

So, what happened between last season and this? Owners cheated Rafa, Rafa sold Alonso (willingly) and bought Aquilani (willingly) and Johnson (willingly). He also probably wanted to buy Silva (willingly) but the owners cheated Rafa.

Poor Rafa.

Oh look, someone lost their 42 goal player. And look again, someone lost their first choice striker and first choice central defender. Poor Ferguson and Wenger.

You are talking as if you are the only one here with some sense and others having an "agenda". Tell you what though, having an agenda is much better than burying your head in sand.

At the beginning of the season we had a poll and it showed a major backing of Rafa on this site, do the poll again and we all know it will have changed massively.

Because our season has gone to shite, so of course there will be a swing.

Only way to do it properly would be to poll right across the boards, like we did when we started SOS, and tally the results, and we'll see then who has the majority

Don't forget, this is the forum where he was getting slaughtered when we were enjoying the best form of about 15 years.

I think it's because a proportion of the 300 or so people that voted have swung in favour of him going. Considering the sample group is therefore a percentage of the people that post on one internet forum, it might be representative of the wider fanbase, then again it might not be.

If we got rid of Rafa now, who would take over? We can still win a trophy and with a massive finish to the season qualify for th C/L next season. With Sammy at the helf not a chance of iether. Got to give Rafa at least till the end of the season.

We've no need to sack Rafa. If he doesn't finish in the top 4 as he guaranteed back in December, then I'm sure he'll do the honourable thing and walk.
I wouldn't bank on it.

everything else is spot on

the other noticeable thing, and its fucking sipmple

is when utd attack, they commit about 5 men into the box to attack the cross, sure when you've that many men attacking the ball, the chances are in your favour

then you have us, who when a ball is pinged into the box, we'll have torres, and if we're lucky, possibly Gerrard, so thats 1 or 2 attackers against 4 defenders, its so obvious it hurts

what does our mastermind manager think of that???

he should have been gone a long long time ago

Every time I see posts relating to Rafa's unwillingness to commit men into the area I'm always reminded of the of the time he said. 'Having more men in the area doesn't mean you will create more chances' Or words to that effect. Rafa in a nutshell I'm afraid.

What I meant was that Benitez probobly sees resiging as giving into the owners thus why hecwont resign. Or he is after a pay off.
He gave in to the owners when he got his new contract.

Renowned by who ? Poor opinion why ?

Don't forget, this is the forum where he was getting slaughtered when we were enjoying the best form of about 15 years.

I dont agree with you on that one, last season was made up by our results against the top 4, we won more points against the other 16 teams in the 05/06 season and for me that tells more about a teams season than a few specific results against 3 teams.

This forum might be the most vocal against Rafa, but why?

Personally I have a feeling its because you actually are allowed to have that opinion without getting banned or shouted down like on other forums around.

I touched upon it the other day as well, the majority and among Liverpool fans even more than usual will always stick with the mangewr until the day he actually is sacked or walks so it does not really tell you much about the "opinion", its the 30-40% who are likely to change their opinion who are the interesting group to look at.

Again, at least in my opinion.

So, what happened between last season and this? Owners cheated Rafa, Rafa sold Alonso (willingly) and bought Aquilani (willingly) and Johnson (willingly). He also probably wanted to buy Silva (willingly) but the owners cheated Rafa.

Poor Rafa.

Oh look, someone lost their 42 goal player. And look again, someone lost their first choice striker and first choice central defender. Poor Ferguson and Wenger.

You are talking as if you are the only one here with some sense and others having an "agenda". Tell you what though, having an agenda is much better than burying your head in sand.

"Burying you head in the sand" - what are you referring to?

Your agenda appears to be getting the better of you.

My main focus is getting rid of the Owners.

I dont agree with you on that one, last season was made up by our results against the top 4, we won more points against the other 16 teams in the 05/06 season and for me that tells more about a teams season than a few specific results against 3 teams.

This forum might be the most vocal against Rafa, but why?

Personally I have a feeling its because you actually are allowed to have that opinion without getting banned or shouthed down like on other forums around.

I touched upon it the other day as well, the majority and among Liverpool fans even more than usual will always stick with the mangewr until the day he actually is sacked or walks so it does not really tell you much about the "opinion", its the 30-40% who are likely to change their opinion who are the interesting group to look at.

Again, at least in my opinion.

So, let me get this straight, your saying that your opinion isn't valid unless you change your mind?

Priceless

I just don't get the "who will take over argument" Is that any reason to keep a man who has lost it? The inescapable fact is we're shit, we're going nowhere and we need a change of direction, it's plain as day.

Neither do I, if it was so bad being manager of our club why did Rafa sign his new contract and why is he still here?

I just don't get the "who will take over argument" Is that any reason to keep a man who has lost it? The inescapable fact is we're shit, we're going nowhere and we need a change of direction, it's plain as day.

I'm not sure if anyone is disagreeing with you, the matter under discussion is should it be the manager or the owners. In my opinion getting rid of the manager will make no difference at all regardless of who is brought in if the Owners are still there.