You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We sack Benitez and doing everything we can this summer to get Mourinho.

Hopefully he sells Kuyt, Riera and any other players who he feels could generate some funds to improve (possibly Babel - although I'd like to see him under a different manager).

Areas to improve:

- Left back, release Aurelio and have Insua as back up.

- Left wing, sell Riera and get an upgrade.

- Striker, to play with or back up to Torres.

But sacking Rafa and his backroom staff will cost £16M + and then we may need to pay compensation to a rival club to bring in a new manager and coaching staff. We haven't got a pot to piss in.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the owner issue that needs sorting first imo. Sacking Rafa etc. doesn't make any point to me while we still have these pair of cunts in charge.

Doesn't matter who the manager is, the club is still fucked while cancer and aids are 'owners' of the club.

Obviously disapointed with the defeat, I'm trying to think positive if we dont get 4th then hopefully then the club will be sold.

Either way though with the squad of players available and the money thats been spent in last 3 years(dont start with net spend bollocks) £130m has been spent since Athens, to lose 10 out of 31 league games and be out of 3 major competitions by January and now seems likely no CL football next season, its totally unacceptable and whatever the ownership situation and I pray to God theres a change, the manager is the problem regarding the 1st team, and i would'nt trust him with another penny.

Houllier ultimitley paid for his disasterous signings mainly 2002, but the summer of 2008 was as bad, and last summer while Johnson has been ok, the Aqualani signing has been confusing to say the least, we finished 1 point behind Man united in 2006 and IMO bar the 3 months at the end of last season its been awful, while we've had to watch the mancs win 3 titles 2 league cups and a CL, while playing great football, while week after week we've had to watch defensive shit.

As I said i pray for a change of owners, but hopefully it happens and they change the manager, because whats happening now is Rafa is hiding behind the ownership situation and the owners are getting away it because alot of fans just wana blame the manager, from the owners to the manager the club is rotten, LFC deserves better, lets hope it comes soon, YNWA

I'm really getting fed up with the amount of wide players we have gone through since rafa has taken over. It's probably the areas that he has changed the most since he has arrived. Now I read this morning that riera, babel and benayoun are to be sold this summer. benayoun and babel have done quite well, they've had 3 years here. Most wide men get a maximum of 2 years. Kewell who was injured for about 3 years somehow managed to stay for 4 years. Now we have maxi who was a good little player 4 years ago but now looks like a slightly faster version of Kuyt. A bit like Zenden, a player past his peak. The amount of money we have wasted on wide players since rafa has arrived we could have bought two top class wide men for either side. People have been saying this for years but it needs to be addressed this summer and don't just sign another couple of 6 million pound stop gaps.

Fucking hell...without getting all girlish about it...Bitters are only 6 pts behind with a game in hand. Now that really would be the end of civilisation as we know it

They have already finished above us once in the league while Rafa has been in charge.

I'm really getting fed up with the amount of wide players we have gone through since rafa has taken over. It's probably the areas that he has changed the most since he has arrived. Now I read this morning that riera, babel and benayoun are to be sold this summer. benayoun and babel have done quite well, they've had 3 years here. Most wide men get a maximum of 2 years. Kewell who was injured for about 3 years somehow managed to stay for 4 years. Now we have maxi who was a good little player 4 years ago but now looks like a slightly faster version of Kuyt. A bit like Zenden, a player past his peak. The amount of money we have wasted on wide players since rafa has arrived we could have bought two top class wide men for either side. People have been saying this for years but it needs to be addressed this summer and don't just sign another couple of 6 million pound stop gaps.

Good point, but if Rafa had been allowed to go through with the Dani Alves and Simao deals, would we still have a problrm on the wings?

I'm not defending Rafa, as I think he should go, but not being allowed to sign the players he wanted, has arguably forced him to waste money on the revolving door. Signing players that are gambles is not the way to sustain top quality football and a team.

However, that said, and rather bizarrely, Spurs first match of the season was the final straw for me. After watching us sweep all before us for the last few months, we instantly went back to safety first, try and nick a goal football. If Rafa hadn't been thrilled and inspired by our football last season, he never would be.

I have no idea who we can get for some magic beans and some belly button fluff, but I've resigned myself to us moving from the top table and feeding for scraps around 6th / 7 th each year if the owners stay. Therefore, the most we can hope for is an attacking approach to the match. I think I'd slit my wrists if we are watching defensive footie and finishing 7th each year, at least a bit of excitement might give us the odd bit of hope.

Rafa has made his mistakes, but he is not the real problem at our club. Unfortunately, the club is riddled with cancer, and I'd like to see see everyone out and start again. I'm seriously considering jacking the club in and getting behind AFC.

In fact, that could be a protest idea, skip a match, get AFC to hire out a bigger stadium (Tranmere) and we pack out that stadium. Just to show people what we may do as a group if things don't change.

I think Alan Hansen just blamed our whole season on Insua and Rafa for continuing to pick him

A little bit hars there, but Insua`s continued presence in our first 11 has certainly not had a positive effect on our season.

He is so far out of his depth its almost criminal to watch.

A little bit hars there, but Insua`s continued presence in our first 11 has certainly not had a positive effect on our season.

He is so far out of his depth its almost criminal to watch.

Definently.

I'd like to think he'll make it as a top player but hes tough to watch sometimes. He could have done with a year out on loan somewhere.

The result yesterday was disappointing especially after going one up. It is time for a change but I think some of the anti Rafa stuff one this site is over the top.

Just my opinion and no dig at anyone in particular, I just wanted Rafa to succeed but he has made too many mistakes. I think that six years on we are looking at positions that need fixing and they needed fixing when he arrived that is bad and no excuses.

His team selection and use of substitutions at times is baffling to say the least. His man management leaves a lot to be desired so it is best in my opinion that we move on.

Who I have not got a clue but when the vast majority of match going reds are against him then it is time for a change, again.

This is the first season in my opinion that we have failed to move forward but I think last seasons signings was part of the problem, that was a disaster and has bit us up the arse.

I only have one more thing to say and it is at you John, it was in a thread yesterday, cannot be arsed to look it up but you mentioned that those of us who have supported the manager used the owners as an excuse.

I think taking everything into context you have to have a look at their leadership or lack off. It is not an excuse but a fact, that said they have nothing to do with a lot of Rafas failings but they are a cancer and have played a big part in where we are now.

Guest simon

Ok its thge next day im still hurting but here goes..

I dont want Rafa here. Quite frankly im suprised anyone does. BUT We can not afford to sack him. We could call for him to resign but it would need every fan there is to say so. This will never happen SO.. We do whats most important first and thats oust the club of the desiese that is G&H. Lets all make a stand last care if mine is results now this season has been fucked from the start. As long as these parasites are here we wont change. We dont have long till RBS call in what th yanks owe. We MUST stop RBS from refinancing. If a Boycott is needed then so be it we must do what we can to stop this from happening.

• 2 weeks later...