You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger can not defend

Dracco

He showed it again today...

He is affraid of defending, that is even worse.

Not a theory to be dismissed out of hand. Why was he where he was when Valencia went forward? That gaping hole was horrible.

Good player not having a good season, but I think the point is valid overall.

Predictably, Carra, Mascherano and of course Torres fought like dogs for 90 minutes. As per usual, Pepe deserved better too. Not all share the spirit of those four though.

United seemed a lot more like a team today than we did.

I agree with that.

It was actually Insuas fault for both goals.

Huh? Agger not plugging the hole gambling for a pass on the outside and mascher not able to bring the cunt down before he entered the box is Insua's fault.....

Agger made a mistake on that occation it does not mean he cannot defend....

If so, then Neville should retire after Torres made a fool out of him on our goal...

Mascher should never have given the diving cunt the opportunity to dive headfirst into the box, he could have just put him down at about 20 yards...

Huh? Agger not plugging the hole gambling for a pass on the outside and mascher not able to bring the cunt down before he entered the box is Insua's fault.....

Agger made a mistake on that occation it does not mean he cannot defend....

If so, then Neville should retire after Torres made a fool out of him on our goal...

Mascher should never have given the diving cunt the opportunity to dive headfirst into the box, he could have just put him down at about 20 yards...

Its Insuas fault for his inability to head the ball clear. It wasnt that hard of a header and it let Valencia in.

Second that. He's a proper defender who can also go forward. The fact that he was involved in both goals today was nothing more than a coincidence.

I agree. I know it's unpopular to say, but Carra cannot be in the first 11 next season. Against the likes of Manu, Arsenal and Chelsea you cannot give possession away so cheaply. This worked under Houllier when we played with 10 men behind the ball but not now. Whenever Agger had the ball at the back he passed the ball through midfield and we retained possession. I would love to see how many hoofs upfield Carra made. It really began to bother me. People say that he doesn't trust his midfield. I do not believe this. He simply panicks on the ball and then boots it upfield. We need a physical player that is dominant in the air to pair with Agger. Strangely I think a pairing of Hyppia and Agger would have been a good partnership for us this year.

Guest simon

Am i watching the same games as you. He seems our strongest and most consitant defender to me Carra has had some mares and Skrtel well hes been shocking The greek has pleased me allot but he hasnt had enough chance. My only problem with Agger is that he gets injured too easy. I think if he could do something about this he would be one of the best hes only young and still has potential.

Am i watching the same games as you. He seems our strongest and most consitant defender to me Carra has had some mares and Skrtel well hes been shocking The greek has pleased me allot but he hasnt had enough chance. My only problem with Agger is that he gets injured too easy. I think if he could do something about this he would be one of the best hes only young and still has potential.

The problem with the Greek playing is that if he's up against anybody with anysort of pace he gets caught out big time. He's only useful against physical, long ball teams because thats were his strengths lie.

Maybe you have different look on it but I´ll repeat it. Since Portsmouth away (including) he is playing poor. His put just one solid performance during this 4 months and that was against Bitters. Yes, you don´t see him beaten very often because he´s nowhere near the space where he should be and when he is there he couldn´t stop a player for life.

How long will he get away with that? What to fuck was he doing yesterday? He literally moved out of Valencia´s way and left Masch to deal with him. If he moved his lazy ass and made 2 steps he could easily had the ball.

He is hiding and is affraid to take responsibility. If he would step up and got beaten by Valencia, then he would be a object of criticism. Now he slowly moved out and just few people mentioned him as a main reason for conceding penalty.

And that is what he is doing whole season.

I was very disappointed with Agger's performance yesterday. I thought he was out of position far too often.

If someone went back through the post match talks since he returned from injury at the end of January, he would find this fact about Daniels´s game in all of them ( bar Everton game). His ass was saved by his partner in all of this games.

Go back through the goals we conceded in last 4 months and you´ll see that in 80% of them this coincidence happened. He is always nowhere near the player or space he should be, and if he is he gets beaten.

Open your eyes mates. He maybe looks composed but he can not defend and is lazy as fuck. Best CB at the club in going forward, but worst in defending by a mile. He is not doing big mistakes like the others cause he is hiding, avoids tackles and his positioning is awful. He is never in the space where CB should be, therefore he can´t make big mistakes.

I expected a few negs from the Agger lovers and it happened. I´ve been accused with my "obsession" with Skrtel. This has nothing to do with Martin, he was average at best this season, had a few good games but many bad. This is about Agger. As long as people continue to cheer on him and repeat what a great defender we have, we won´t win anything because Daniel is simply not good enough for Liverpool ( on current form none of the 4 CB´s is).

And Daniel wasn´t the worst yesterday and I did not say that. But he is poor for months now and gets away with that and is even praised by few posters. This shit culminated and I had to put it out.

Well ok then, if you want to convince people why dont you go on youtube and give us some video examples?

I think Skrtel is a better defender than Agger, however I rate Agger highly, who is better on the ball.

Insua is the problem at the back.

Given we have a problem at left back, I would like to see us try Agger in this position.

If successful it could save us buying a left back in the summer. He is good defensively, mobile and good in possession.

Let's give him a few games at left back and see how he performs.